ForumsGamesCTC2PP: Custom Castle Contest

1476 102357
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,433 posts

This is the official Crush the Castle 2 Players Pack contest. You've come to the right place.

You're probably wondering how this contest works. Basically, we (the three judges) give you a theme at the beginning of each round, and you, the contestant, build a castle that follows the theme in some way. Then, so we can count your castle as an entry, take the link to that castle and post it in this thread. If it isn't posted in this thread by the deadline (and the deadline will always be a specific date and time), we will not be able to count it as an entry for that round.

If you've never built a castle before, or you want to brush up on your building skills, check out this guide made by @Arm_Candy.

This is a weekly contest, so each round will last 5 days, with 2 days being designated for judging. Every week, the theme will change and a new round will begin. Pretty easy to grasp.

Oh, and the winner of each round receives a merit, a spot in the CTC2PP Hall of Fame, and a rare quest that can only be earned through winning (or judging) a level building contest:

http://quests.armorgames.com/website/5/media/icon/d06fa73d7b7eaa626941288fc59ce86a.png?v=1398292205
-------------------------------------------------------------
RULES
Yes, there are rules. What did you expect?

Basic rules for this contest, written originally by @PrivatePapi for his old CTC contest:
1. Do not spam under any circumstance.
2. Only enter 1 castle for each category.
3. Do not ask either of us which category will be next.
4. Do not copy somebody else's castle if you do not have permission from him/her.
5. When entering for the contest, always submit your castle according to the current category.
6. Have fun!

And this section, written by @FishPreferred:
a) All entries must be playable and have at least 1 person in them. It seems obvious, but who knows?
b) Entries that are so overladen with stuff that they cause considerable lag will not be eligible. Considerable lag is herein defined as "a big freakin' pile of lag that renders an entry virtually unplayable without severely overheating my 3 year old computer".
c) Entries should be stable enough to last a full minute without collapsing, and should require at least one shot in order to be won. This applies to every part of the contest that doesn't explicitly state otherwise in its instructions.
d) Any entry which the judges deem to be inappropriate (in a lewd, indecent, or libellious sense) will be disqualified, and most likely deleted by the admin.

And lastly, a few additional notes added by yours truly:
- The only castles you are allowed to post in this thread are contest entries. If you link to more than one castle, only the most recent one will be treated as an official entry, unless otherwise specified.
- All entries must be built specifically for the contest and for the current theme. You can't submit castles that you entered in previous rounds, or anything that was built before the beginning of the current round.

Looks like a lot of rules, but it's all intuitive. You'll have no trouble following these guidelines.
Optional: CODE
Some architects like to take things a step further and modify castle codes to do things that otherwise wouldn't be possible in the regular editor mode. This method will not give you a significant advantage over other contestants, but it may be of interest if you want to play around with the editor a bit. Code modification is not a requirement for this competition.

How to modify castle codes by @SSTG.

If you don't modify castle codes or have any plans to in the future, you can skip over this next part.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR CODERS: If you decide to use code-modified elements in an entry, take caution, for, although code-editing can be useful for certain details, excessive use of code-modified elements in an entry could lead to a deduction of points from the entry.
That's the contest in a nutshell. Just remember to check back every week for the results of each round, as well as the theme for the next round. I will post the theme for the first round after this post ends, so as not to confuse first-time submitters in the future.

And if you have any ideas for future themes, contact @CourtJester or myself or post your theme idea in the thread.

That certainly was a lot of words. Over 700 of them. It may seem like a lot to take in, but this contest is all about having fun, despite all these large blocks of text.

So get hyped, get building, and have fun with it!

Did I mention there's a merit prize to the winner of each round?

• 1,476 Replies
DracoMaleficus
DracoMaleficus
1,137 posts

alright - listen up everyone...particularly the newcomers: before the next round this Friday, please read, study & memorize the rules on page one - also, new rule effective on this Fri the 19th: in addition to the rule about castles must stay together for at least one minute, the level must work within the number of designated shots; especially if its a one shooter - if it doesnt work in the number of shots or doesnt work the way we think u designed it to be crushed, its a fail - then u will be informed as such, and then u need to back and fully fix it so it fully works - or submit something esle - please, everyone, settle and test your levels before sharing, make absolutely sure that theyre fully functional and dont fall apart - @ObieOdie : not only did yours fall apart in the 1st few seconds, it didnt work the 1st time; not everyone died - they did the second time - so also everyone, make sure that the kill consistency is 100% and that it works pretty much the same way every time - the way the Wine Merchant worked was sort of erratic and all over the place - if you have alot of things going on leading up to the kill, make sure everything is going to work every time

DracoMaleficus
DracoMaleficus
1,137 posts

dont get me wrong.. im not trying to put u guys down, im trying to help u guys win - youre in this to win it, so build accordingly - im sorry to be a hard@$$ - but in this contest, theres certain criteria that has to be met and i hope u guys understand that - and also, whenever u can, watch for and play mine and CJ's levels, and observe and learn a few things - i want to see u guys do good and stay in the contest - and on that note, i appreciate and thank you for participating - i shouldnt make this decision on my own, but i'm gonna let u guys slide this time, just please be careful in the future rounds - good-night and good luck

DracoMaleficus
DracoMaleficus
1,137 posts

it may appear that im picking on u guys, but i like to think of it more as pointing out, as in giving u pointers. and not only that, if you read and take my advice, who knows, u might even beat me out sometimes

DracoMaleficus
DracoMaleficus
1,137 posts

i hope youre getting all of this @CourtJester XD

CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts

I tried my best to keep it sturdy this time. Idk what happened. I've been saving positions every few minutes when Im building. So, I am learning for sure - I just enjoy bringing new castles to everyone.

DracoMaleficus
DracoMaleficus
1,137 posts
DracoMaleficus
DracoMaleficus
1,137 posts

@CicadaChess - i told u what happened - it was the placement of the TNT kegs on the 2 sticks on the left - the sticks shouldve been slightly wider (20 wide) and farther apart and the TNT centered on top of each one

CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts

Yeah, I forgot to place more wood there, my bad. I think I just didn't notice it fall over on one of my takes.
But Im much happier with the result of this.

Limnxy
Limnxy
53 posts

Thanks for the info DracoMaleficus, I would like the beer truck to be my only entry. Right before posting a new castle I usually test it for 2mins, where I just watch it for any movement

DracoMaleficus
DracoMaleficus
1,137 posts

theres only about 26 hours left to enter the contest, and five official entries

CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts

I loved Beer Truck

DracoMaleficus
DracoMaleficus
1,137 posts

in about a day and a half we should know the results and round 28

DracoMaleficus
DracoMaleficus
1,137 posts

well it looks like it might be sooner

DracoMaleficus
DracoMaleficus
1,137 posts

theres a possibility the winner will be announced sometime today

DracoMaleficus
DracoMaleficus
1,137 posts

and also too as i mentioned previously: before the new round starts, please go back to page one and read all the rules thoroughly and carefully. if u have any questions about it, ask me. because in this coming round and rounds to come, there'll be no letting anybody slide with anything. for u see, if we let people slide, its not really a contest.

Showing 586-600 of 1476