ForumsGamesMicrosoft offers $100 to 'ditch your PS3' for an Xbox One

30 8923
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

so what are your thoughts on this?
anyway im more of a sony and nintendo guy, i dont see myself buying an xbox one for a couple years.

http://i62.tinypic.com/wqu5mu.jpg

• 30 Replies
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

My thoughts are that I can't believe that people are actually gullible enough to believe crap like this.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

My thought would be that there's no reason to replicate & announce other companies' ads for free.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Exactly how much are they paying you to put up this gargantuan sign?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

This about sums up my thoughts

http://boygeniusreport.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/ps4-response.jpg?w=625

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Could you get more than $100 selling or trading in a PS3 anyway?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

To tell you the truth, I think I'd just throw the PS3 out the window anyway. Why not get 100 dollars for it? Seriously, I don't see why you people hate the ad.

Look up about 2 posts
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

As we are all aware the Xbox One has had a lot of issues.

A lot.

Like seriously, so many.

And they are giving an incentive to make their product equate the product of PS4 (by "switching sides" no less) as if that makes it then inherently better.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

What issues? I haven't seen a single one they haven't fixed.

First off, that isn't a very good position to be in.

They are also currently having huge frame rate issues, to discuss current issues.

Besides, they're giving you the glorious offer

"glorious"

of giving them a worthless piece of trash, for 100 dollars off their new product.

As Pazx pointed out, you can outright SELL the PS4 for more money, which makes this deal even more asinine.

Also "worthless piece of trash" gr8 b8 m8
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i havent looked up too much into it but, the whole being banned for cussing too much seems abit harsh. like if its real its stupid then, cause if you play multiplayer games of course sooner or later you're gunna get mad and go "F@&!" or "F@#! YOU" especially in a FPS like cod. and saying things in the privacy of your own home shouldnt be punishable in anyway.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

and of course microsoft is now trying to claim this as a false rumor, but we know how microsoft is with trying to get more xbox players and more cash in their pockets

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Exactly how much are they paying you to put up this gargantuan sign?

Nothing it's fan made.

I don't see why you people hate the ad.

It's not an ad.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Did some research and it's actually real. Wow.

Why would you think that?

Because it seemed like the type of crap that fanboys would create.

i havent looked up too much into it but, the whole being banned for cussing too much seems abit harsh. like if its real its stupid then, cause if you play multiplayer games of course sooner or later you're gunna get mad and go "F@&!" or "F@#! YOU" especially in a FPS like cod. and saying things in the privacy of your own home shouldnt be punishable in anyway.

lol
Maybe you should have looked into it then. You don't get banned for "cussing" on Xbox. It's an optional feature on sports games put in place by the game devs that punishes you in-game.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

You know you're down in the proverbial sewage dumps when you have to bribe customers to buy your console due to the low pre-release satisfaction players felt.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

They're basically letting you give them a brick

I'm gonna eat your b8. How exactly is the PS3 a brick? First of all it's the only piece of tech I have that can run Bluray discs. Second, how exactly am I going to be playing The Last of Us dlc on this "brick" if I give it up for an Xbone?
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

Maybe you should have looked into it then

why would i want to research a console me or no one i know is ever going to buy ? lol

This isn't bribery. They're basically letting you give them a brick for $100 off on your purchase of their console.

but the xbox one is huge just like the power box and doesnt have enough good exclusives for anyone to want one anyway
Showing 1-15 of 30