ForumsGamesMicrosoft offers $100 to 'ditch your PS3' for an Xbox One

30 8915
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

so what are your thoughts on this?
anyway im more of a sony and nintendo guy, i dont see myself buying an xbox one for a couple years.

http://i62.tinypic.com/wqu5mu.jpg

• 30 Replies
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

why would i want to research a console me or no one i know is ever going to buy ? lol

So that what you say wouldn't be sensationalized false information.

and doesnt have enough good exclusives for anyone to want one anyway

Neither does the PS4 to be honest. But Uncharted will come, and so will Halo, and this argument will die down as exclusives flood in within the next 2 years.
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

Get it on Steam.

how does one get DLC for a ps3 exclusive game on steam?

But Uncharted will come

so will another sly cooper game, more ratchet and clank, more god of war, more infamous, and more killzone, and most likely sooner or later a new LBP
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

The Last of Us IS on Steam.

are you confused with another game? the last of us is ps3 only and not on steam.http://i58.tinypic.com/2wof5au.jpg
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

but the xbox one is huge just like the power box and doesnt have enough good exclusives for anyone to want one anyway

Halo, Titanfall, Dead Rising, Forza, Quantum Break, Ryse. Nope, never heard of a single one of those games or their devs (Ryse).

~Manly
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Halo, Titanfall, Dead Rising, Forza, Quantum Break, Ryse. Nope, never heard of a single one of those games or their devs (Ryse).

Ryse is little more than a tech demo. Halo isn't out and neither is Quantum Break. I'll be playing Titanfall on PC with better graphics.

The PS4 has a similar situation with most of its exclusives coming out over the course of a year. Comparing exclusives at this stage is pointless.
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

Halo
just a futuristic fps
Dead Rising
dead rising 1 ended up having a wii port and 2 ended up on the ps3. and the 3rd game will too eventually
Forza
all racing games are the mostly the same, yet to see any magnificent differences when comparing most racing games.
Titanfall
looks like binary domain. nothing new imo
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i was going to say left 4 dead would of been a good xbox exclusive, but i always forget there is a PC version

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

so wait.. you give your ps3 to Microsoft and an xbox one costs $100 less? you could sell your ps3 on amazon for more than that.. who is going to fall for this?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

As Pazx pointed out, you can outright SELL the PS4 for more money, which makes this deal even more asinine.

Excuse me...PS3 not PS4

Ryse.

I wouldn't use this game when listing XBox One exclusives....
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Does either next gen console have backwards compatibility?

I checked ebay and PS3s are going for far more than $100 (AUD). Poor, childish marketing, quite a stain on xbox's already poor reputation.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Does either next gen console have backwards compatibility?

Wii U does, even for virtual console (it is technically next gen isn't it?)

~~~Darth Caedus
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

...which you could STILL sell for more than 100 money

cptbignuts12
cptbignuts12
709 posts
Nomad

http://25.media.tumblr.com/41e9aafa3e37221bda6298d6232993e3/tumblr_n0kcbiyP661spttyko1_400.png
I think the WiiU is doing pretty good, right guys?

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

come on. if someone STILL has a ps3 and havnt sold it im sure it means they enjoy it enough to not give it away for 100$ (and throw away every game/accesory they have with it) to get a new console with no games.

personally, i wouldnt give away my ps2 or even sega mega drive or gameboy color for that offer.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

(it is technically next gen isn't it?)

According to the release date, no. According to hierarchically historical arrangement, probably. Depends on who you ask.
Showing 16-30 of 30