ForumsThe TavernArmatar Contest?

14 3862
xDaWorldx
xDaWorldx
9 posts
Peasant

Armatar Contest
Hi everyone, my name is xDaWorldx I have been a user for quite a while and I noticed that not much fan-made armatars are up to use. (let alone any) So I figured what if we made our on sort of contest for the best armatar. Now I know we probable wont be able to use these armatars but maybe, just maybe; we can grab the attention of a staff member or someone of that manner that likes this idea and actually makes this a real thing!.

Guide Lines - Requirements
Now as you might have already guessed, lets try to keep it Armor Games related or similar, and also keep it clean. Simple!

How to
Please leave a link of the image or the image (whatever you want to do I suppose) in the comments below. Since this is a "community" thing, you can find out if your armatar is the best with the votes of your fellow gamers!

Thanks!

~xDaWorldx

• 14 Replies
xDaWorldx
xDaWorldx
9 posts
Peasant

And yes I know there is an Armatar Contest already for Valentines Day. I made this for a general armatar, one that can be about anything so long as its Armor Games related.

xDaWorldx
xDaWorldx
9 posts
Peasant

This would be mine becuase my favorite game of all time was any Mario game, the character I liked the most had to have been Bowser. So here is mine! Enjoy!

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/--ijV4K_E4mA/Uu8eu4aKdeI/AAAAAAAAAJU/HAx2Va6s8CY/s426/Bowser.jpg

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

This thread might fit better in the Arts, Music, and Writing forum.

Also,

Your entry must scale down well to 100x100.

Try scaling your armatar down just a tad bit.

I don't know if this thread goes against any rules since this is only going to basically be an art contest, but if it's allowed, then I may be in. Let's also separate it into rounds and have people judge the armatars based on the theme of the round, although not guaranteeing which armatars would be able to be made useable, I can see this can be a sort of fun thing.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

I don't know if this thread goes against any rules since this is only going to basically be an art contest

It shouldn't go against the rules as long as people don't plagiarize and stuff.
xDaWorldx
xDaWorldx
9 posts
Peasant

Use this as you see fit, I checked and this doesn't go against any rules that I could find, as for theme, medieval/fantasy I suppose. Fits into the contexts of Armor Games: Medieval things! For size's it doesn't really matter, just like you said the chances of us actually being able to use them are small. I'm doing this for fun, I hope you guys do too!

Please upload your armatar ideas!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Use this as you see fit, I checked and this doesn't go against any rules that I could find,

1) Completely wrong section..this would go in AMW

2) There is already a thread of this kind. So it'll be up to a mod to decide if this thread lives or dies because of that
xDaWorldx
xDaWorldx
9 posts
Peasant

What thread are you talking about? Im curious, becuase the only one i swa was the Valentines Day armatar one. And I made this as a General Armatar contest. As for the section, I see that now. I will probable move this over there soon.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

They have different armatar "competitions" every so often..which is why I said it is up to a mod to decide if this gets to stay.

And I've already let Franky boy know..now we just need to wait for him to get off his lazy bum

xDaWorldx
xDaWorldx
9 posts
Peasant

Alrighty, I'll wait for em'

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Tsk... pang... maybe you should have asked the Mod that runs the contests instead... *cough me cough* ...eyh? =P

Rrright ok, I really like the enthusiasm with this idea you have xDaWorldx, but honestly... it would only become confusing for the Armor Games users I'm afraid... the official contests award Merits for the participants, as where this contest won't, which would leave the users entering submissions here wondering whether or not they will receive one and whether or not this is an official contest or not. =/
Another point of concern is the setup of this contest, as it asks for ideas for submissions, in other words... users posting images of their favorite gaming character and maybe even claiming they made it? Not a favorable way we would like to go here either... =/

I actually "may" already have had an idea about a certain theme for a future Armatar contest about the loved game characters... but I can't be conclusive about it. You would have to wait and see... ok?

In (actual) conclusion... we are not recognising this contest thread, BUT... I CAN promise that any ideas for themes can be commented on my profile and they WILL be considered for use in the future! Is that satisfactory enough? =)

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Tsk... pang... maybe you should have asked the Mod that runs the contests instead... *cough me cough* ...eyh? =P

Rrright ok, I really like the enthusiasm with this idea you have xDaWorldx, but honestly... it would only become confusing for the Armor Games users I'm afraid... the official contests award Merits for the participants, as where this contest won't, which would leave the users entering submissions here wondering whether or not they will receive one and whether or not this is an official contest or not. =/
Another point of concern is the setup of this contest, as it asks for ideas for submissions, in other words... users posting images of their favorite gaming character and maybe even claiming they made it? And we haven't even started discussing the problems with plagiarism here... So, this is not a favorable way we would like to go here either... =/

I actually "may" already have had an idea about a certain theme for a future Armatar contest about the loved game characters... but I can't be conclusive about it. You would have to wait and see... ok?

In (actual) conclusion... we are not recognising this contest thread, BUT... I CAN promise that any ideas for themes can be commented on my profile and they WILL be considered for use in the future! Is that satisfactory enough? =)

xDaWorldx
xDaWorldx
9 posts
Peasant

Thank you for the reply I was un-aware of those technical things, I was simply looking to try to do a fun thing. Thank you for taking the time to look at this!

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

In the meantime, keep rocking that armatar that you already have.

minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

There are already some armatar contest like winter one and those

Showing 1-14 of 14