Prince

title says it all, created by my son to make math a little funner

LINK

• 10 Replies
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Cute game you did the programming and he did the art. A nice way of getting him involved in the process and being motivated to learn new things.

Couple nags is that the balloons popping every time you change a menu is irritating since it's slow and does not feel responsive. Also the balloons seems to generate a bit close together and would probably make it more difficult then necessary for a kid trying to learn math.

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

unfortunately it doesn't pass the AG standards, so I targeted mochi's api

v1.1 is out
---------------------
*popping transitions removed
*leaderboard

sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

Wow, it is really amazing and it's a nice and fun way to let your son experience the beauty of programming. I really, really like it. The game feels a little bit slow at times but other than that it is awesome!

Send your congratulations to your son from me!

sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

...my congratulations*
****, there is no edit button? :/

minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

dont swear please swearing is againts the rules

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

A big issue: Sometimes the answer is behind multiple balloons, making it so you can't hit it.

Other than that, tell the little one to keep it up!

dont swear please swearing is againts the rules

r u the nxt devoidless
sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

I did not mean to swear. It's the d word that ends in n, didn't know that's also considered as a bad swear word here. I'm deeply sorry.

mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

Cool, but I also could't pop some of the answers since they were buried behind the wrong balloons.

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

Yeah the random spawn location will sometimes put balloons in odd places. To make up for it, I ended up just increasing the rate of spawning the correct answer and added a blue colored balloon which turns all the balloons on screen to the correct answer.

HouseHero
HouseHero
5 posts
Nomad

I guess it's not a big deal as my small brother who is 11 also can create games he started learning it from age of 10 using Action Script 3

Showing 1-10 of 10