ForumsForum GamesKickstarter: A Game of Magic created by YOU

2 2629
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

in the last few weeks, i have moved. i havent been active because of this, which really impacted the outcomes of pillage the village and my star wars game. these games had average following (pillage the village had 5 people and star wars had 3 active people), but nothing group breaking or even good. the community of AG forum gamers is weak, so hopefully some people give good advice towards this. i will break it down into questions that i have answered, and some i want you to answer. one game that i saw did gain considerable following was the Dragon's Gold, but i let it die foolishly. that game was a real dungeon crawler at heart, but it revolved slightly around magic. i want to create a magic based game that gets attention: and this kickstarter idea might work out well.

So what is this?
Really, im looking for bold people to step up and say what they want out of a magic based game. i have some stuff together (which i will go into detail with), but this is just a kickstarter that i want real feedback from. so really, this is an idea in progress.

What i got:
its magic based. i have no ideas for the plot, as i want it to be more open world. but thats the point of this thread: should it be open world or not? should it be combat oriented or not? i want these questions answered, and if needed, debated upon. but what i have so far is a character sheet:

Name:
Gold:
Level:
Equipment:
Inventory:
----------
Spells:

so pretty much, thats all i have. i want you guys to consider the rest and post it on this thread. its class based on your type of magic. fire? pyromancer. area devastating damage? Archaomancer. i have more classes, and you can create some of your own.

So what i want:

to anyone reading this, i want ideas for what you want in the game. plot, CS, ideas, armor, spells. but really i want what type of magic game you guys think would be good. this is really going to help you guys if your looking for a game you want to play, especially with other people. do you want it PvP based? important questions like these cannot be overlooked if i want to make a quality based game. im not asking for you all to make the game 100%, im asking you all to pitch in some ideas so you will play it.

So make those ideas! i will be active with this game as much as i can, and i will be active especially with this forum to talk to you all with the ideas your creating.

• 2 Replies
anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

I always like the idea of splitting classes, for example starting with a basic pyromancer (or aquamanc, terramancer, etc.) then having the choices of intermediate pyromancer, Calormancer, or Carbomancer. Or if the player was leaning towards earth magic despite being a pyromancer, Fuegomancer becomes an option for the next level up. However you decide though, I'm almost certain you can't mess up branching upgrades. Not to say you personally mess stuff up, I meant no one can.
As for battle system, I prefer minimum pvp, or if there is some wait until partway in so the battles are fair and based on actual lvl ups and not just chance.
I also like it when games are freeform and not just 'I use fireball.' but instead 'I dodge out of the way, then try to go up from behind and shoot a fireball at the head.'
Of course, I'm probably not going to play because I've been bored with forum RPG's lately so you don't need to listen to any of this.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

the ranking system is definitely addable. as for element, that really plays into your class as the same thing. if im a silvamancer i dont need to be considered nature element, but i guess sub classes work. ranks i will add to the next version of the CS.

Sub classes would probably be higher tiered, like beginning explains.

As for battle system, I prefer minimum pvp,

sounds good. if the game is PvE based PvP would be sanctioned and level based. there would probably be rewards for both winner and loser. i would also host tournaments and events like that.

I also like it when games are freeform and not just 'I use fireball.' but instead 'I dodge out of the way, then try to go up from behind and shoot a fireball at the head.'

i gotta draw the line somewhere. 'i use fireball' isnt something anyone would say, but if your going to set yourself up into a position that makes your opponent impossible to get out of then it wouldnt work. i experimented with that in the imaginative combat arena and i was being pretty lax with those rules.
Showing 1-2 of 2