ForumsQuestsCrystal Story II Quests

76 70358
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

This thread is a place to discuss quests for Crystal Story II. Here is a list of the current quests available for this turn-based RPG...

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15779/media/icon/9270f4c02eeeeb1a2dbe7d789a095bd4.png?v=1390498396&vv=1391639083
Victory!
Win 5 battles.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15779/media/icon/914b708320006f4f50be0b4f5e66b303.png?v=1390498426&vv=1391639059
Pet Slime
Summon your pet slime.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15779/media/icon/29270cf5fd7e53736e00c075f627b02c.png?v=1390498458&vv=1391639016
Friendly
Have 40 monsters in the bestiary.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15779/media/icon/edeb59e9c795d45a9fcd55b7770df207.png?v=1390498481&vv=1391638959
Here I go!
Use an ultimate skill.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15779/media/icon/ea46bb6638ef9f549509fd5f4a4cca76.png?v=1390498515&vv=1391638927
Hackpicker
Unlock all locked treasure chests.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15779/media/icon/6293a29a65b70926225a7de6ba22e963.png?v=1390498545&vv=1391638897
Bounty Hunter
Complete all wanted quests.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15779/media/icon/80969443e715154ac527949bafa74013.png?v=1390498568&vv=1391638841
Dargon Slayer
Beat the game.
Hardness: Hard

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15779/media/icon/b6b440b02d7b1db7754b709424c41d96.png?v=1390498593&vv=1391638817
Secret Quest
Complete the secret quest.
Hardness: Hard

• 76 Replies
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I've been playing this game a bit now (I've finished act I). I have also searched around on the internet and noticed that there is not a lot of information on what characters to give what class. Any tips on this? Any tips such as:

1.) What character is best suited for what class?
2.) Should characters have mixed classes or pure classes (all the same class just levels 1, 2, 3 etc.)?
3.) Is there a limit to the number of classes a character can have or do the skills just become increasingly expensive?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

1.) Depends. Look at the stats you are getting. Don't give the healer non-magic classes. If you go all speed classes on the thief, she won't have damage magics which isn't a bad thing, but she'll also have a lot of nerfs.
2.) Pretty much, but it's a bit useless to have duplicates of some of the higher level classes, like the healer, but that's up to you. Look at the skills you are getting.
3.) No. Stat points get more expensive per class up. Look at the skills you are getting.

Strong physical attacks make it easier to get through the final boss unless you have a billion mana potions, but strong magic gets through mobs faster.

kenneth_leekokweng1
kenneth_leekokweng1
7 posts
Chamberlain

I'm not sure it either 45une Worm or 46:Sphynx form the Bestiary list at the desert (Hardmode) that drop SP Ring which double SP gain form battle. The ring itself drop-rate is quite low so equip each party member with Dice if possible. With SP Ring is much easier to grind each character to max all 6 classes/role to V. You can get 2 dice at some quest on easymode and later completing the story the same quest again on hardmode .Dice can be drop by certain monster too, unfortunately I forgot which mobs or area xD (I'll post if i got the time and lucky to found that area again)
Personally i think magic rule in this game if one avoid immunity or absorb elements but i do keep my main char as physical or multi role
Addition = When having 4 Dice equip by each party i'll find grinding at Abyss where with luck monster there can drop Full Armor,Amulet ,Circlet, Last all and Start all which once get enough can sold for a high price.to buy scrap metal. It also possible those monster at Abyss drop permanent stats boast item.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

You can find full armors, circlets and all the other things earlier, i have them before i reach the abyss^^
Only thing i miss yet is "init all up", but im happy with my boosters, so i think i dont need them.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

I found the class upgrades to be a bit limiting in some ways -- you had to choose another class at the same level you just completed. (Like finishing Level 1 on Slayer, and then having to go through Level 1 with another class.)

I had Dragon on Slayer/Guardian, Lina on Thief/Trickster, and Mari on Elementalist/Healer. Didn't know what to do with Kaz, so I had him on a Slayer/Trickster/Elementalist hodgepodge.

Now that I finished Level 5 with all these, I'm not sure what to do. I'm adding Thief to Dragon, Slayer to Lina, Trickster to Mari, and Guardian to Kaz. Whatcha think?

Playerofall
Playerofall
4 posts
Jester

Somebody can give me some tips to defeat Dargon?

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

For the secret quest, how many different gemstones are there? At the moment I have Emarald, Aquamarine, Amethyst, and Topaz. How many more are there?

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

Playerofall -- check out the link I provided on the previous page. It was helpful for me at least .....

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

For the secret quest, how many different gemstones are there? At the moment I have Emarald, Aquamarine, Amethyst, and Topaz. How many more are there?

They are two more types of gems, ruby & saphire, but you need them only for upgrades, the gave nothing to do with the secret quest!

To solve the secret quest you need generic items --> stone, water, ice, fire.

Youll find the first one in a chest (sunken ruins, so you must reach the hard mode, which is done by beating the dragon), the generic stone.
Only if you have this youll find a (new) chest in the fork, which contains... generic ice or water.
Then straight to landing, nother chest will give you the third item.
Now to the "warm yeti", a new quest is available there, called "Lake trouble", accept it, go to the lake, deafeat the monster there, as reward youll get the last one, generic fire --> quest!^^
Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

For the Secret Quest, I keep seeing that it must be done in Hard mode. But I can't find a spot to change difficulty. Is it always in Hard?

Playerofall
Playerofall
4 posts
Jester

Clancy
to unlock hard mode you must beat final booss (Dargon King)

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

@Clany: as player mentioned you need to beat the dragon.
After beating him you have access to 4 new islands (sunken runis is one of them, where you find the first generic item), these islands only have one mode. Each other part can be entered in normal or hard mode, you have 2 buttons space still leads into normal mode, the other one (use mouse) to enter them in hard mode, so you can still do thme in normal, with normal enemys, or in hard with harder enemys.
To beat the "x-wanteds" you must do them in hard mode, if you do in normal the quest is not solved^^
The chest in fork & landing are also available in normal if i remember right.
The last quest "lake trouble" could be done in normal or hard mode, equaly how you do it, you get the quest. Beating the enemy there grant you generic fire --> quest solved.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

Thanks for the advice on the secret quest -- I might have tried to finish all the Wanted X quests, but the secret quest can be done without doing those. I'm finished! I'm outta here.

pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

Can be a nice challenge. Mostly easy apart from the last boss, Is simple once you figure out how.

SteveeXb
SteveeXb
490 posts
Templar

I'm not sure it either 45une Worm or 46:Sphynx form the Bestiary list at the desert (Hardmode) that drop SP Ring which double SP gain form battle. The ring itself drop-rate is quite low so equip each party member with Dice if possible. With SP Ring is much easier to grind each character to max all 6 classes/role to V. You can get 2 dice at some quest on easymode and later completing the story the same quest again on hardmode .Dice can be drop by certain monster too, unfortunately I forgot which mobs or area xD (I'll post if i got the time and lucky to found that area again)
Personally i think magic rule in this game if one avoid immunity or absorb elements but i do keep my main char as physical or multi role
Addition = When having 4 Dice equip by each party i'll find grinding at Abyss where with luck monster there can drop Full Armor,Amulet ,Circlet, Last all and Start all which once get enough can sold for a high price.to buy scrap metal. It also possible those monster at Abyss drop permanent stats boast item.

That double sp ring sounds very helpful. I want it but i dont know how to switch to "hard mode". help?
Showing 31-45 of 76