Forums

ForumsQuests

Crystal Story II Quests

Posted Mar 9, '14 at 5:12am

Reton8

Reton8

2,977 posts

I did not obtain the quest Friendly (Have 40 monsters in the bestiary.) until I had 63 monsters in my bestiary. I saw my 63rd monster in the Barrens Area (approximately the 19th enemy filled area to visit).

I thought I would mention this for players, without the Friendly quest, to get an idea how long the quest Friendly will actually take them.

Posted Mar 9, '14 at 9:44am

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

9,769 posts

I got it also very late, assumption: it is because the monsters from the same species count as one.
For example: equal how many diferent kinds of wisps you found, they all count as one.

Posted Mar 9, '14 at 5:00pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,977 posts

I have some questions.

1.) Is there any town that sells Emerald and Amethyst as well as the other stones used for upgrading weapons? (I know that Port Breeze sells scrap metal.).

2.) What are the names of the better weapons and equipment? I don't want to waste my money or items on upgrading lousy weapons and equipment. (Unless it all ends up the same in the end?)

Posted Mar 9, '14 at 5:22pm

minecraftsniper

minecraftsniper

613 posts

mm i use some of the original weapons in 2 characters but in Kaz and the dragon i use another weapons ( cant remember the name)

Posted Mar 9, '14 at 7:43pm

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

9,769 posts

Question 1.) --> Crystalia & Warm Yeti (both after Port Breeze) sell Emeralds/Amethysts, but only them. Scrap Metal is also abvailable.
The Gems you need for tear III/IV equipment (Aquamarine/Topaz/Sapphire/Ruby) must be found.

Question 2.) --> First the equipment besides weapons (in my opinion^^)
- Circlets (because they boost 3 important stats, speed, attack, magic)
-Full Armor (because they give resist against enemys attacks, both physicla and magical)
-Booster (grants first attack, like the wisps, your chars have the firszt reaction, so they can attack or cast speels before anyone of the enemys can do anything, if you have good speed youll have mostly 2 full rounds before they can do enything, works also against bosses), if you havent boosters... start all, buffs your char 6 times, attack up, def up, magic up, mdef up, speed up, regen)
Weapons... depending on you, balanced weapons if you want chars that are good in anything, if you want a faster char choose a fast one... so on, they are also weapons that nerfs/buffs enemys, give you more luck (item),,, and so on.
Balanced weapons raise all stats for the same amount, a fast weapon raise also all stats, but (compared with a balanced one) you have a higher speed, but a loss in the other stats. Weapons with specials (buffs/nerfs/item.. whatever) grants you the special , but (compared to a balanced one) you have a loss in all stats.
I can only talk about my prefers here, and that are balanced weapons --> Evoblade (start weapons for the dragon), Balisong (only at WarmYeti), Twin Trigger (only at Warm Yeti), Judgement (alchemy).

Posted Mar 9, '14 at 8:18pm

Gantic

Gantic

11,172 posts

Bosses and the multiple versions of bosses don't count toward your monster count.

Posted Aug 17, '14 at 7:36am

llama132

llama132

52 posts

Is there any way to re-spec or reset your SP or anything like that?

A long time back, I gave Dragon "Healer I" and Mari "Guardian I" and stopped playing for a few months after that. Now, in retrospect, that seems to be a really stupid decision.

So do I have to restart the whole game? I'm only just past the mine, so I haven't gotten very far. Or is there any chance I can make it through the game with this setup? Though if it requires a ton of grinding/repeating, I'd rather just restart the game...

Posted Aug 17, '14 at 8:55am

eras

eras

77 posts

llama132, no, you cant. But it is not necessary, later you can choose other trees.

Posted Aug 17, '14 at 9:05am

llama132

llama132

52 posts

Thanks for the info eras.

But the main reason I asked is because my characters seem to be getting killed (faster than I can resurrect them) by a lot of minor mobs that I run into. Is there anything I could do to improve my party's survivability?

Posted Feb 24, '15 at 10:48am

Andelhofs

Andelhofs

343 posts

I don't get it how to complete secreted quest ?? i have the 4 new isle defeated..

Reply to Crystal Story II Quests

You must be logged in to post a reply!