ForumsNews and FeedbackMissing on games listing.

6 4222
Kulmegil_
Kulmegil_
35 posts
Herald

In the past MMOs were visually distinguishable from other games, mainly because of missing "rating" info. Currently they "blend in with the crowd", even if tagged as MMO it's no longer visible by looking at the games listing.

* on main page only when checking popup description I can find ALL categories it has been assigned to, as "MMO" is usually no longer displayed below rating & playcount.

* under new categories listing ("more" button) there is no way to be sure as there are no description-popups

Since user getting "tricked" into opening wrong content results usually in annoyed user with negative feeling towards the product (I just down vote the game) I consider this is just an unintentional design bug. Pls fix.

PS I find it odd that there are 3 different game listings used on site and ironically each one has element that I like and should be included in Perfect Listing

• 6 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

So, a couple things.

1) You can highlight over any game and see if it has a "MMO" tag.
2) There is no tricking here, MMO's are games just like any other game. We don't separate RPG from Action games, just because you aren't clear you clicked on an action game you don't get upset.
3) There is a new MMO Rating system, so if you've hated MMO's in the past maybe give a highly rated one a chance. Some are really great.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Also, don't vote a game down without playing it. How would you like that if it was your game?

Kulmegil_
Kulmegil_
35 posts
Herald

>> MMO's are games just like any other game
no they aren't - even AG handle them differently and rate them on different rules

More to say... playing same game, on same maps, there is a huge difference between campaign (AI) and against real people. So gap between playing a MMO and nonMMO is shall I say ... more then noticable.

>> if you've hated MMO's in the past maybe give a highly rated one a chance. Some are really great.

I don't necessary hate them I just refuse to invest time (not to mention resources) - with Last Stand being an exception - exception that I made intentionally.

I simply want to distinguish them in any listing. I can filter games based on such irrelevant information as whenever quests are present so filtering based on "mmosity" shouldn't be a problem, right?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

no they aren't - even AG handle them differently and rate them on different rules

An action MMO (Blade Hunter) is still a game of the action genre. A fantasy MMO (DoTD) is still a game of the fantasy genre. Whilst I acquiesce that it's a little misleading on the Home Page if you look at just the single description under the game icon, it's not that much of a chore to mouse over to check its other tags, in fact it's more comprehensive, and helps you make a better choice. It's just going to be an eyesore and cramped if all the tags were lined out.

I guess, for the "More" sub-heading, an MMO tag would be a tad bit helpful, but it's not reallyyyyyy necessary IMO. It doesn't take more than a few seconds to just exit and find another game.

I don't necessary hate them I just refuse to invest time (not to mention resources) - with Last Stand being an exception - exception that I made intentionally.

Well...... it's not really fair and nice to the developer if you down-vote just because you opened one accidentally, is it? :|
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

As I said, you can highlight over any game on our front page and see the "MMO" tag. Easy as that, and don't click through.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

As I said, you can highlight over any game on our front page and see the "MMO" tag. Easy as that, and don't click through.

He's grousing on the "More Categories" Tab too.
Showing 1-6 of 6