ForumsWEPR2014 Winter Olympics

51 21410
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Judging by the lack of threads present on this subject, I'd almost have to assume that nobody is watching any part of this event. However, I find that very hard to believe, as there are a few people out there who watch the Winter Olympics and I'm sure at least one or two of them frequent this community.

So, for those of you actually watching this event, what sports in particular are you watching? Do you have any favorite sports or athletes that happen to appear in these winter games? This is the place to confess that you actually watch the Winter Olympics.

• 51 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Congrats to Russia for winning the medal count! Besides the US I would not want anyone else to win it. Cannot wait for the World Cup this year and the Summer Games in 2016. Rio will be rocking!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

@daleks, I was watching Yulia Lipnitskaya during the figure skating gala and I couldn't believe how amazing her balance was. She kept doing jumps after jumps and landed like it was nothing.

I think the only reason why she fell during the short and long programs was because of the pressure, it was too much for her.
I think we're gonna here about her. Once she gets more experience she's going to be amazing.

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

i was very impressed with the ending ceremony
they brought back some moments of 1980s olympics when they hosted it and they had some modern elements such as the DJs having a party in the middle of the arena the rest of the night

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

i was very impressed with the ending ceremony
they brought back some moments of 1980s olympics when they hosted it and they had some modern elements such as the DJs having a party in the middle of the arena the rest of the night

Yeah that giant bear was cool! There's a part where it has to extinguish the flame and a big tear rolls down it's cheek and then they showed a Russian female athlete crying.
I always feel sad at the closing ceremonies because I know the Winter Olympics won't be back before 4 years. ;(
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I think the only reason why she fell during the short and long programs was because of the pressure, it was too much for her.

She went from no one knowing who she was to having all of Russia love her after the team competition. I would feel the pressure too. I wish she had landed the freeskate. She was doing so well in it too.
Showing 46-50 of 51