ForumsSupport ForumMerit_Recognition

23 4730
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Because of the problems that we have been having with Merit_Recognition, we will be shutting down the profile. Members were abusing the account, and taking it for granted. It is pretty obvious when people make alternate account to nominate themselves, and this was happening too often. We cannot have accounts like this if they cannot be used properly with people following the rules.

Also, people have started to get very picky and taking merits for granted. We try very hard to get merits out there. We have been giving out a whole lot of merits recently, yet all we hear is people complaining that their nominated comment didn't get merited. There isn't enough appreciation going around for the merits that are being given out.

I need to emphasize here: Merits are hard to get. It is not meant to be easy to get a merit, this is why they are 25 Armor Points. This is why we will be raising our standards on the comments that we give merits to. A lot of the controversy has been based around people complaining that the merits we have been giving out are too comments that are not good enough. Either way we do it however, I think people are going to worry that we are giving out too little or too much. But we will be raising our standards, and finding the merits ourselves using our own methods.

So please, do not ask for merits or try to nominate any. From now on, we will be using our own methods to give out merits. Please try to be content with that.

We will update later with a description of what our heightened standards will be.

• 23 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Aww....

Please try to be content with that.

Oops...

Anyway it is certainly unfair for those who have not been nominating themselves and have not complained.
jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

Anyway it is certainly unfair for those who have not been nominating themselves and have not complained.

It's not really that unfair, Carlie was the one that thought of making the account anyways. If she got it going I think she can take it away. This was originally only something she thought of when I, her, and Axel were trying to come up with more options for SHOPS, kind of like an offset of SHOPS. Sadly it kind of overpowered SHOPS and not that many people use SHOPS anymore. Either way, it was a great addition, and it is sad that it got so abused, it kind of reminds me of the Chat. ='(
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Well looks like AG is taking a big change nowadays.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Either way, it was a great addition, and it is sad that it got so abused, it kind of reminds me of the Chat. ='(

Yea, reminds me of that too. We just felt it would be fairer for us not to use it anymore, with the amount of abuse that was going on. People just have to be happy that we can give out enough merits. We technically don't have to give merits out to anybody, but we do it because we want to encourage everyone to leave good posts, and reward them.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

To be honest, this almost makes me want to write game reviews once again. Whenever the Merit Recognition came out, I just lost inturest in merits and writing reviews. Too many people were nominating friends, themselves through alt acounts, and when I looked at the nominated stuff... some of it was the exact same as other people's comments but worded a little bit differently.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Well looks like i can't catch up with merits. 8 is a sad sad number....

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

I was thinking that you could make Merit_Recognition like SHops. make member that you would know who wouldn't cheat. Im not sure about the complainers though.

ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

I agree that this is unfair,for people that work hard to write merits that don't get noiced,well it kind of sucks. You should just ban people caught doing this. I agree with plokkey to,you should pick people you trust to help out with merits.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

I really didn't understand the point of that profile, anyway...

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

I agree with plokkey to,you should pick people you trust to help out with merits.

Is this basically that 'Mini-Mods' type of thing? I never not agreed with that idea, but it couldget out of hand. You never know when someone is pretending to be a good member, and then turns out to not be once they get power, 'Merits for Everyone!' no?

As for Merit_Recognization, I never went there all too much, never used it either. There were probably a lot of people abusing the rules, some clever not to be noticed probably. Either way, I'm kind of glad that this is gone and it will be a lot fairer for many people I think, as there won't be the whole 'I'll nominate you if you nominate me' thing going on.
EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

So that's it, it's gone, well a lot of users have been nominating themselves with alternate accounts, I don't know why they did that.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I agree that this is unfair,for people that work hard to write merits that don't get noiced,well it kind of sucks. You should just ban people caught doing this.

If you saw how many people were using the merit recognition profile, you would find that banning all of them would just not work.
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I agree that this is unfair,for people that work hard to write merits that don't get noiced,well it kind of sucks. You should just ban people caught doing this. I agree with plokkey to,you should pick people you trust to help out with merits.

We have already picked people we can trust, they are called moderators ;-) We did a fine job finding merits before I made Merit_Recognition, and we will do a fine job without it now as well. In fact, we almost find it more difficult to give out merits with Merit_Recognition around. There were so many nominations, and most of the comments would have switched pages by the time they were seen. So we were always having to waste our time trying to find the comments. This way, we will be able to give them out more efficiently, instead of chasing around constantly moving comments.

Merits are still going to be given out, do not think that we will be giving out fewer merits. We just will not be using the profile to do it.
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

We have already picked people we can trust, they are called moderators ;-) We did a fine job finding merits before I made Merit_Recognition, and we will do a fine job without it now as well. In fact, we almost find it more difficult to give out merits with Merit_Recognition around. There were so many nominations, and most of the comments would have switched pages by the time they were seen. So we were always having to waste our time trying to find the comments. This way, we will be able to give them out more efficiently, instead of chasing around constantly moving comments.
Merits are still going to be given out, do not think that we will be giving out fewer merits. We just will not be using the profile to do it

Well i don't really care my merit count is stuck at 8 lol.
zocc1
zocc1
183 posts
Nomad

I don't think it matters much if you get a merit or not for a comment ( you should be writing it to say what you think about the game not just for 25 points) I always try to wright merit worthy comments but I never count on them being merits (other than I'm pretty pumped when they are) So I don't see why everyone is so disappointed when they don't get one when it only takes like 5 minuets to wright one.

Showing 1-15 of 23