ForumsSupport ForumMerit_Recognition

23 4733
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Because of the problems that we have been having with Merit_Recognition, we will be shutting down the profile. Members were abusing the account, and taking it for granted. It is pretty obvious when people make alternate account to nominate themselves, and this was happening too often. We cannot have accounts like this if they cannot be used properly with people following the rules.

Also, people have started to get very picky and taking merits for granted. We try very hard to get merits out there. We have been giving out a whole lot of merits recently, yet all we hear is people complaining that their nominated comment didn't get merited. There isn't enough appreciation going around for the merits that are being given out.

I need to emphasize here: Merits are hard to get. It is not meant to be easy to get a merit, this is why they are 25 Armor Points. This is why we will be raising our standards on the comments that we give merits to. A lot of the controversy has been based around people complaining that the merits we have been giving out are too comments that are not good enough. Either way we do it however, I think people are going to worry that we are giving out too little or too much. But we will be raising our standards, and finding the merits ourselves using our own methods.

So please, do not ask for merits or try to nominate any. From now on, we will be using our own methods to give out merits. Please try to be content with that.

We will update later with a description of what our heightened standards will be.

• 23 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Let me clarify guys: Merit Recognition IS NOT the only way to get merits. I have had people contacting me, freaking out that merits aren't going to go out anymore if Merit Recognition is not around. That is certainly not the case. The amount of merits given will not change. We will just be using a different method now.

AaronM
AaronM
120 posts
Nomad

Yes,now people can't make fake accounts and nominate theirselfs.Heck I might try get a merit on Shift 3 later.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Yes i think it is a good idea, all of what Carlie said was true.

I also think that it is definitley fair.

BTW: Carlie, thanks for giving me the link to this page.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Is there a way to see why I got said merits?

evil_empire
evil_empire
287 posts
Peasant

I have an idea, for merit recognition, you could have an account that has a name like "motorbike" or "baseballman" or "king_cool", something secret, so people can't find it out, and when people have been told about the merit there recieving or how it works, the comment will be deleted instantley once it has been viewed, or had a reply from the reciever, or maybe send a email to there email adress to let them know, but taking away the flag up is a good idea, i also took it forgranted and voted up myself, i realised this was the rong thing to do, and then you don't have the honour of the merit if you voted it up for yourself, so i think thats why it's a good idea. Let the mods and admins pick up the reviews which are genuine and should recieve a merit, because they know what they want in a review and know what is worth a merit.
This may not be 100% accurate with the comment ive just made it's what i thoight though.
~evil-empire~

kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

LOL higher merit standards? anyways i think its good to shout down the merit recognitazion. it was a place for spamming and self nomination

N00BKiller
N00BKiller
255 posts
Peasant

yea i agree with Kog. people just saying Hello and hi and hey to the profile.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

It has already been shut down. Please at least try and look at what he is talking about before agreeing with him ;-)

Showing 16-23 of 23