ForumsThe TavernDevoidless De-modding.

47 11904
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I honestly don't know what much to say, so I will try my best. Do excuse me if I'm not being a bit jumpy or skirt, the past couple of days have been interesting for me.

As we all know, Devoidless is not a mod anymore.
There has been a situation in which I, and a few other users, were able to witness. If there was more before this, I am unaware, but based off of what we were able to view, I strongly disagree with the act of demodding him.

It was confirmed, on an unrelated note, that the chat this all happened in was 3rd party to AG, and thus statements in there were not to be reflected upon us on AG. However, it would seem, the same standards were not held for Devoidless (as far as I am aware).

Devoidless said some things. Were they pleasant things? Not necessarily so. But given the established fact that the chat was unrelated to AG, that should not have reflected upon him. Nor, in fact, does what he said and his viewpoints reflect his ability as a moderator.

Do I agree with all that was said? Not particularly, no. But he has a right to speak his mind, with given how he was on a site unrelated to Armorgames. Even more so, it would seem Devoidless being vocal was only out of concern for AG, to try to offer some criticism he viewed as valuable, albeit in the normal Devoidless manner that has been established these past 5-6 years.

I don't know. What I know is that my information is limited, and given what I do know I disagree with Devoidless demodding.

Excuse me for such a seemingly half-assed thread, things for me have been stressful...

[All what has been stated corresponds solely with what information I am aware of and were made aware of based upon my own actions.]

• 47 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

This is far more then what your discussing, and no normal user has a full picture. I've already stated to you before, and will state again - this will not be discussed further by admins or moderators until we discuss it privately.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Indeed I can't see what discussing such events in public will do.

But I for one will miss him as a mod. Seemed fair & just to me, and with a funny sense of grumpy humor.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

(ps Only to specify, this is the first I heard of it. I have no idea of what went on.)

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Currently, the only reason is because of conduct in a website unrelated to ArmorGames.

The point of the removal of ArmorGames's chats in June 2008 was that Moderators and Admins could not adequately moderate it, and that it was a third party chat system (Meebo) embedded in the site. This spawned third party chatrooms on other websites, the most famous being CountingTime and now ForumGamesAlliance.

These third-party websites are not under AG's TOS, nor do they have any credibility towards linking names to accounts on ArmorGames.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

But, why assume that this is in any way related to any such incident?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

(ps Only to specify, this is the first I heard of it. I have no idea of what went on.)

This coincides with the goings-on of the FGA chat. That's all I'm saying, because this really, really shouldn't be discussed here.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

But, why assume that this is in any way related to any such incident?

It's hard and unwise to explain without a decent contextual basis. But, as I said, I won't be sharing any opinions here. And I don't think anyone else should either.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

It was confirmed, on an unrelated note, that the chat this all happened in was 3rd party to AG, and thus statements in there were not to be reflected upon us on AG.

You still carry the status with you no matter where you go and therefore have to act accordingly.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer

I agree 100% with daleks. Everyone here is missing the point; it isn't about where you were, it's about what you said, and how it reflects your position.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

This coincides with the goings-on of the FGA chat.

Yes, thanks, Sal, so it had started dawning on me by now. It's a realm largely unknown to me, and invisible, I think (? Or else I just don't understand its workings.)

And I'll agree again: AG I've seen before to be surprisingly forthcoming with these matters (with such public commenting, I mean). But having been on both sides of the fence, I can only assume such decisions -- regarding members or fellow team workers -- are never taken lightly.

It isn't for us to judge (and me personally, I've been here for too short and so my view is too limited, anyway). For or against, discussing it can only lead to grief.

So, I'm sorry for and about Devoidless. But also sorry for the team. Best with it, to all involved.
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

You still carry the status with you no matter where you go and therefore have to act accordingly.

Ah but that site isn't under the TOS conditions of AG. Should you be banned in this community if you do something on a completely different site?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

\\

He was outside AG and outside Terms & Conditions.

Also, so according to this, a moderator isn't allowed a median in which to have their opinion?
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer

He was outside AG and outside Terms & Conditions.

If I volunteer at a fire department, and I go to a different fire department and let them all know how much I hate my fire chief, does my fire chief have no right to demote me, because I'm not on my own department's property?
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Pang, wasn't it you yourself who wrote just the other day:

Because they don't have to tell us.

We don't have some inherent right to be able to know what it is they are working on, and frankly, if they don't want to tell us then they don't have to.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

If I volunteer at a fire department, and I go to a different fire department and let them all know how much I hate my fire chief, does my fire chief have no right to demote me, because I'm not on my own department's property?

The issue really isn't the AG TOS. It's the unlinkability of actions. Treat it like identity theft. IP addresses are not hard to fool.
Showing 1-15 of 47