ForumsThe TavernFirst Date

21 5586
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Ok, so it's V Day. And most of us are single and ready to mingle, don't lie; so to make it a little more depressing for some of you hot-young blooded 'uns, throw out your first dating experiences to reminisce. Or if you haven't been able to snag one from an unlucky sod, describe how you think your first date would go, or how you would like it to be~

So I'll go first. I'm verrrryyyy traditional minded, so all I did was get the girl out to lunch, caught a movie, not watched the movie because we were slightly more enamored with....each other physically, then I think we parted ways after wandering around a little. Nothing illegal for the age, just kissing and cuddling. I thought it was quite a good memory to have, it wasn't entirely awkward.

Ok, now it's you're turn. :>

• 21 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Hitler had a GF. I haven't. I am less desirable than Hitler.

Uhhhh. So...ya. Never been on a date. I will **** it up hard though when I do. It will not go well when/if it happens.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I'm not gonna count the time I was dragged into taking a girl to prom as my first. That was more like a favor.

My first date wasn't really a date. It was supposed to be a group outting, but only the girl and I showed up. It was kinda awkward since I knew she liked me, and I was starting to like her. We actually started a relationship soon after that, and on Valentine's Day, ironically.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Both of Hitler's girl friends committed suicide, so well....

minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

.pThey loved him so much they commited suicide.... :P

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Oh great I come to this thread to see we're talking about Hitler's love.

You know even though Aggs and I are married we haven't actually gone out. At least not officially.

I'd imagine sitting in a fancy restaurant or watching a movie(or both) and being with the girl I love.(Aggs)

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Hitler had a GF. I haven't. I am less desirable than Hitler.

Then again, Hitler was charismatic and charming like crazy.

I've got about 3, I might tell 'em later.
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Then again, Hitler was charismatic and charming like crazy.

Hell, I'd date him if I could. I'm sure that little mustache would tickle when we kiss.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Godwin's Law strikes again.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

The closest thing I've ever had to a date is where my friends forced me to go to the 8th grade dance and then tried to make me ask this guy out because he was my neighbor and "You'd look so cute together!" and the fact that we were neighbors was apparently significant.
Fortunately, I managed to escape my friends and hide under the table where they were serving grapes and other random pieces of fruit until they stopped trying to make me date the random person.
Well actually no, in first grade this kid walked up to me and asked, "Will you be my girlfriend?" I somehow thought he was asking me if I wanted some Jello so I said yes, and then I was stuck in some weird relationship for six months, during which we went on 'dates', which was basically me being forced to sit next to him while eating some food. I never did get that jello...

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

...this kid walked up to me and asked, "Will you be my girlfriend?" I somehow thought he was asking me if I wanted some Jello so I said yes, and then I was stuck in some weird relationship for six months, during which we went on 'dates', which was basically me being forced to sit next to him while eating some food. I never did get that jello...

Sounds like the first time I went to prison. The Jell-O is always a lie, trust me.
DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

I went on an awkward first date not too long ago. Actually it was about 13 years ago, but we won't dwell on details like that. It was the first date I had been on with this girl. I took her bowling for some odd reason, and I thought I would be Mr. Cool and not wear any bowling shoes even though they require you to wear them. Well, I've always been a horrible bowler, but I wanted to impress her, so to enhance my first shot I broke into a 360 twirl. It would have helped to have practised this move beforehand, because I overshot the twirl midway and ended up stumbling way into the lane. I quickly let go of the ball right before I fell flat on my back. The ball bounced and rolled through the gutter the entire way. Other than a big bruise and a rather sickly-looking scorecard, I didn't receive any serious injuries.

She of course thought it was hilarious, and she told me later that it was that moment when she realized she really liked me. She also gets a kick out of Benny Hill and The Three Stooges, so go figure. I asked her to marry me a few years later, and we had two children, and we eventually got divorced. The moral of the story being, even the most awful first date could give you the best possible outcome; and more importantly, just because they require you to wear bowling shoes doesn't mean you should.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I don't think I can beat DrElmer's amazing story, but I did go on a first date with someone last night. Wine, food, etc. I'd like to think it went pretty well. Nothing out of the ordinary to report.

I have been on bad first dates, but that usually happens when the two people can't connect properly no matter how hard they try. I felt there was a connection between myself and this person, so it has potential.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You'll know my girlfriend when she's willing to show up on Armor Games.

So you're going you be like pang?
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Went with my GF to the Ice Rink once.... And to Target.

That was one of the best days of my life.... I just hate that she moved away.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm going to be like myself.

Although there was one time when pang brought is girlfriend(ex now). She was cool.
Showing 1-15 of 21