ForumsSupport Forum"Copyright" for rewriting game in another platform

6 3483
vothaison
vothaison
4 posts
Nomad

Sorry, I have to "spam" this post, but the original post has no reply.

I am a developer (mostly C#).
Say, I would like to write a game in C#, which is similar to a game (free), on armorgame. Is there any terms or "sort of" that I should know? Because it seems like a "Copyright violation", and I can't contact with the game maker.
I found some games here that has already been ported to C# (for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8). I, myself, has written some games, but now yet submitted to the Store.
Please help me, give me some advices

And to all creative developers, your games are great, thank you!

• 6 Replies
sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

I think that asking this in support forum or addressing it directly to a moderator/administrator might have a faster reply.
For the sake of the topic, bump.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I've reported it to an admin, please wait for their response on the topic, ok? =)

Thanx for bumping it into sight sinhellsing, but next time you can simply comment to me and I will notice and handle it, ok?

sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

Sure, @MrDayCee . But I didn't really know any moderator around so I thought bumping it would help in a way or another.
Thanks for letting me know!

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I'll pass this along to Tasselfoot.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
795 posts
Chamberlain

It depends what you're planning on doing. If you're going to decompile the swf and take art assets / code and use that to re-make in another language... definitely copyright violations. If you're taking an idea but doing your own art, your own code, and changing the name... not going to be copyright violations.

Anything between... potential grey areas.

Anything that looks like a direct port / rip / clone in a mobile / web store and wasn't uploaded by the developer from flash and/or appears to be uploaded w/ the developer's involvement... chances are it's stolen / copyright violation. Those stores are full of it.

And please do note... I am not a lawyer. At the end of the day, if you're worried about what you're doing, consult one. Or keep trying to reach the developer. Or just pass on this course of action and work on your own original ideas.

-Tass

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

if you're worried about what you're doing

Only to add, maybe your worries already indicate you're aware of sailing into grey or firmly murky fields... If that bothers you, maybe now is a good time to change course
Showing 1-6 of 6