Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

E-Cigarettes

Posted Feb 20, '14 at 11:26pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,322 posts

You shouldn't assume that. I don't associate with people while they're smoking, so I wouldn't know exactly. Plus, it's a truly ridiculous suggestion; that you need to be stinking of smoke and chronically short of breath to be cool.

did you live under a stone during your teenage years?? cmon man, where have you been? for someone that makes it looks like he is some smoking expert i would have guessed that you atleast knew this... or comes all your info from just 1 side? the anti-smokers side...

Winning is for a debate team. I'm here to argue, not debate. Being right just means having some piece of information the other party doesn't...and then giving it to them

to bad you cant see that your posts are irrelevant to my point. everyone can be right when they miss the point. but after pointing it out a few times i simply dont care to inform you about it. you don't want to be informed and rather be stuck in the thought that the product is not more then e-oke...

Have you studied the chemistry involved? What I've been trying to say is that, apparently and from hearsay and off the top of my head, some serious doubts have arisen as to the nature of this -- supposedly harmless -- "vapor."

there we go.. why didn't i write that? thats what i was thinking all this time. xD

My point about blaming the parents of course was that it seems to me like just another pointless blame-game.

well our law tells that people are not allowed to sell things to people younger then 14 year without a oke from their parents. this is done to protect children from being the target of advertising (i know it doesn't work like this at all on a daily basis, but it is a vital law in some court cases and for people to get their full money back from clerks) so until the age of 14 the parents are already responsible if their child buys any product.
beside the reason that the law is already set up like this. is it not alright to think that children are able to fully understand what things are (mend for) and what is good or bad to do. for the kids its something fancy, the teachers and home wont smell it. and the kids can be the fancy pants of their class for a week or 2. and maybe keeps using it for the taste after. or dragging more classmates in buying 1 to be cool with him..

(yes FishPreferred, this is how the world works for kids... they dont think ahead of what am i actually doing and what future responses will it have for me... those things are not what they think about, they just brag for attention.)

Posted Feb 21, '14 at 1:04am

FishPreferred

FishPreferred

2,163 posts

did you live under a stone during your teenage years?? cmon man, where have you been? for someone that makes it looks like he is some smoking expert i would have guessed that you atleast knew this... or comes all your info from just 1 side? the anti-smokers side...

Yay! I was wondering when the thinly veiled ad hominem would show up. As I stated, I don't associate with people while they're smoking. This is because I find the stench revolting. By your account, it seems all journalism must be gonzo to be credible and all hypersensitive or asthmatic teens are blind hermits.

to bad you cant see that your posts are irrelevant to my point. everyone can be right when they miss the point. but after pointing it out a few times i simply dont care to inform you about it. you don't want to be informed and rather be stuck in the thought that the product is not more then e-oke...

Oh, I'm well aware that there is little relevance to your point, but as I said earlier, the confusion must be on your end. You see...I'm not interested in your point. It's nothing new to me. It's redundant. It's old hat. It's ad nauseam. It's moot. It's superfluous. You're selling coals to Newcastle. You're preaching to the choir. You're shooting your own men. The horse you're whipping was pronounced dead at birth, and now your discussion, like your point, is becoming quite impertinent.

I am aware of your point; I was aware before this thread began. I was in agreement with your point and stated as much, so I must again affirm that the error is yours, sir. Good day.

Posted Feb 25, '14 at 9:03pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,322 posts

As I stated, I don't associate with people while they're smoking. This is because I find the stench revolting.

i c that you have only half the idea of what is happening.
you can read about it all you want but without experience you never know reality.

By your account, it seems all journalism must be gonzo to be credible and all hypersensitive or asthmatic teens are blind hermits.

sure thing if that is what you want to believe. xD
you have no ground to base this on. only because you cant see my point, you imagion that i'm a shallow close minded person.
just remember that being skeptical and critical is not a bad thing

the confusion must be on your end. You see...I'm not interested in your point.

to bad my point was on-topic and yours was off-topic. xD
this topic wasn't about how bad smoking is and what it all causes... plz. read the OP and tell me who is confused about what is on-topic

I am aware of your point; I was aware before this thread began. I was in agreement with your point and stated as much, so I must again affirm that the error is yours, sir. Good day.

sorry mate but you went against it from your 1st sentance, all the time you said it is just harmless steam and then went on telling how bad normal smoking is... anyway.., nice try cleaning up your errors and making it look like it was all me. =) bye bye *wave*

Posted Feb 25, '14 at 9:26pm

FishPreferred

FishPreferred

2,163 posts

If you cannot learn to interpret simple English in an effective way, you will only make a fool of yourself. I must therefore advise that you not continue this ludicrous campaign of hypocricy.

Posted Feb 25, '14 at 9:30pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,322 posts

dont lie to yourself

Posted Feb 25, '14 at 10:18pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,798 posts

Knight

The jury is still out on whether or not nicotine and the other liquids in the vapors cause cancer. If they do, then ecigs will only lead to people picking a different poison.

Mind you I haven't had a chance to read through this myself, it was only provided as a peer review paper on the health risks of e-cigs. The person providing it was saying that it turns out that they are safe.

As I said right now I only have that person's word to go on I haven't had a chance to read this myself nor investigate to be sure it's not being contradicted by other data or an example of misapplied science by people with something to gain from the claim that it is safe. I will submit it for your own review on that matter.

http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pdf/1471-2458-14-18.pdf

Posted Feb 26, '14 at 5:37pm

ZombiesBrain

ZombiesBrain

328 posts

I don't see E-cigs as a problem as long as they're kept outside. It's a far better alternative to smoking real cigarettes, but of course, it still has nicotine in the vapor, so that should be kept away from people.

However, if they do not have nicotine in them for whatever reason (assuming the person's just smoking for fun), then I think they'll be fine for smoking in public areas, but as far as I know there's no way to differentiate, so it'll probably be banned in places such as schools and hospitals.

Posted Feb 27, '14 at 8:15am

partydevil

partydevil

5,322 posts

As I said right now I only have that person's word to go on I haven't had a chance to read this myself nor investigate to be sure it's not being contradicted by other data or an example of misapplied science by people with something to gain from the claim that it is safe.

they thing is that they have advertised their product as 100% health risk free. and it has been accepted as so by nearly everyone. but those that make and sell them are not able to proof that it actually is 100% health risk free. therefor do we need to further investigate into it and the data of those investigations are not open yet. until then it is not 100% guaranteed that it is actually perfectly safe. and because the ministry of health is responsible for the public health have they permitted the sale of it until 18 year.

Reply to E-Cigarettes

You must be logged in to post a reply!