ForumsThe TavernAG "Invite a bro week" ideas

15 3599
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Lately I have been contemplating an unofficial annual event where AG regulars (or aspiring newbies!) invite amigos to AG, specifically the community. Of course, it would also apply to any user who is a big gamer here but hasn't set foot into the community.

Here is a breakdown of some ideas that I think are necessary:
-Create some incentives for the invited/inviters
-Clean up drama!
-Keep it nice and relaxed
-Create some threads with welcoming subjects

At this point I just want to hear some ideas for organizing an event. Feel free to add any thoughts or ask any questions!

• 15 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I brought a friend to AG once. He like never uses his account. I am a failer.

I am not a good ideas guy on most days. So ya...

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

The only people I have brought to this site were people I was dating at the time.

And one guessed my password after we broke up, banned most all of the moderators and deleted an entire forum.

I think I was successful.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I invited my sister here, does that count?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Same thing with daleks happened to me.

We could prod the brass to host a.possible game event. Idk, seems more fun that way.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Make another battle thread! Its the only thing we can do.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

What we should do is make some sort of referral link. Users could paste that places and get people to join from there. The person that gave the link would get some sort of bonus, like extra imaginary score. They could then unlock new armatars after inviting x amount of people.

I'm sure that would go great and that no one would abuse the system. Why have we never tried this before?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I've tried before, none of them stayed long. I think that if we all invite someone thought, it could work. More people is always a good thing.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I brought 2 guys on. However just like everyone else they didn't stay long.

Someday I'll get a girlfriend and she'll show up here.

We all have that dream Matt.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

My only remaining friend is 80 yo (the others moved in a different state) and he doesn't care for online games so...
Maybe I could invite my drunk neighbor but he doesn't have a computer. :/

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

I brought 2 friends some years ago but they didn't stay long. They like most of the games they played but they weren't attracted to the community.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I invited my lifelong best friend to AG. He made an account, became a notorious troll, and eventually got himself permanently banned from the site.

I also invited my actual younger brother, and he was into it for a few weeks, but he just rated a bunch of games to get to the top of the monthly leaderboard. He posted a reasonable amount in the forums, but he remained pretty unknown as a user.

So no, I'm not inviting anymore people from the real world. Not just because I'm out of people I know.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I invited my lifelong best friend to AG. He made an account, became a notorious troll, and eventually got himself permanently banned from the site.

If I'm not mistaken, you did end up meeting his nephew on here..yes?
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

If I'm not mistaken, you did end up meeting his nephew on here..yes?

Some weird relative of his made an account a while ago. He was younger, maybe 13 or 14. May have been his nephew, or some kind of obscure second or third cousin who lived in the area.

Speaking of his cousins, though, interestingly enough, I did find out that he and @gh0sts are cousins.
Bender124
Bender124
481 posts
Peasant

I am afraid @SkyPE124 will turn out to be like that
Showing 1-15 of 15