ForumsNews and Feedback[Answered] Curiosity: Forum signatures

12 7000
sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

I didn't want to start off a probably previous discussed topic in the Suggestions forums so I decided to ask here:

Why aren't there any signatures on this forum? Or at least the possibility to add one.. not image, just text? Let's say, few lines, or something like that?

Not that it's a must, I'm just really curious what's the reason behind not adding this.

• 12 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

There are no signatures at this time. It's not something we're looking into right now.

sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

Oh, so there's no particular reason. Thank you for taking your time to answer!

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I personally believe that such a thing isn't being considered due to the fact that on most forums with sigs, people get too carried away with them. It makes the forums look trashy.

devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

Yeah,would you like everyone's big signature below everyone's post?Think the big pics thrashing the posts,the scrolling down and the people could also use it against the rules!Swearing,Advertisments etc. Some spammers would take that as their advantage.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

hink the big pics thrashing the posts

In his defense, he did state specifically only text, no pics.
devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

Make it huge text trashing the posts.It will look like another comment...

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Then to his next point "A few lines", which I'm not sure if he meant it or not but alludes to the idea of a text limit.

devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

Text limit?Oh...ok a few lines could also be spammed.
=P

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

If everyone had a few lines it would be a mess, and makes it harder to read the actual content. Having no signatures leaves us with quite a nice looking forum.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I strongly agree on not using signatures in Forum posts. They unnecessary make a thread visually 'loud' and difficult to read through. Moreso because there are undoubtely users who want to add unrelated gibberish to make a point on what they adore... think .gif images and the sorts. =)

TheAristocracy
TheAristocracy
2 posts
Nomad

In actuality, my dear fellow, there was a time(let's say 2009), when every commoner and nobleman felt a need for a sig with their posts, and it became quite messy here in the forums. Consequently, adding sigs to your posts became HIGHLY discouraged by the ruling classes of the time; often to the point of deletion of posts. Time causes forgetfulness, allowing the great wyrm of personalization and individuality to rear its oft-struck head once again. A silly concept are sigs, if you ask me.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I'm moving this thread out of support, since it's more a suggestion.

Showing 1-12 of 12