ForumsThe TavernTemptation

19 6898
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself, with desire for what its monstrous laws have made monstrous and unlawful."

Oscar Wilde

Too bad, I like to throw quotes in my conversation, it's not a temptation, but one of my bad speech habits. Do you have any temptations that you have often succumbed to? Any temptation that you have fallen for once, only to massively regret later?

I'm not very interesting, mine's chocolate. Or simply, good food. Feed me good food, and I'm in the palm of your hand.

• 19 Replies
IcyIndia
IcyIndia
1,344 posts
Nomad

*gives fantastic meal with a chocolate cake for dessert.*

Mine's... I dunno really. Probably music. I love music. Singing is my favorite thing ever. It makes me so happy, I can't even explain it. I don't know how we, as humans, can create something so darn beautiful.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I 'm always tempted to cut my hair. Instead of just letting it grow and flow, I cut it during that horrible middle length stage. I used to have long flowing hair that swept past my shoulders, but I just don't know how I did it.

There is also that thing with lotion and tissues...I hate that urge. That's enough said on that, and I probably said to much already.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I buy too many clothes. I have about 30 shirts that I never wear. Not a cheap habit, either.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer

I used to have long flowing hair that swept past my shoulders

It's like the store of Samson; your artistic power is in your hair!
IcyIndia
IcyIndia
1,344 posts
Nomad

The story of Samson used to be my favorite.

Another temptation of mine is Criminal Minds. Spencer Reid is a cutie!

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

My "temptation" is probably AG. I am pretty addicted and I even have comment notifications on so I can reply ASAP.

~~Black~~

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer

It's like the store of Samson

store of Samson

store

/facepalm

My "temptation" is probably AG.

Oh right why didn't I think of this one. All of my yes's.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I used to be an alcoholic, so...

Now all temptations have been reduced to jelly beans and Oreos. I might acquire type 2 diabetes within the next 20 years, but at least I won't die an alcohol-related death.

There is also that thing with lotion and tissues...I hate that urge.

Yeah, I hate it when I'm trying to moisturize my skin to keep my pores exfoliated, and suddenly I have to blow my nose.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

*gives fantastic meal with a chocolate cake for dessert.*

Your will is my command....... ._."
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Whenever I ride my mountain bike and I see a pebble, an empty bottle or a ball in the street, I can't help but kick it with the front wheel.
I used to play soccer on bike so I'm pretty good at it.
My favorite trick was to kick the ball with my front wheel and quickly kick it with the real wheel. I haven't done it in a few years so I don't know If i'm still fast enough to do it now.

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

Ever since I stopped smoking.. I need cookies. lots of cookies.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I CAN'T resist cheese cake!
I really can't! :O

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

At least you're not putting those around you at risk, and it takes a lot more cookies to kill you than it does cigarettes.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer

Hmm... can I recommend to you a cookie patch? Guaranteed to ease cookie cravings!
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Sounds like a bug squasher for a certain online game, Nerve...

Showing 1-15 of 19