ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] SPAM or AG user-database hacked?

4 2560
Farmalot
Farmalot
3 posts
Herald

Hello,
i just got spam email specifically mentioning my AG-username and email-address.
So i want to inquire if your user-database got hacked or did you guys give your user-database to people sending spam?

I could filter out 3 different domains from the mail body:
- official reply source: "gamespace-inc.com"
- header information mail source: "mail15.atl51.rsgsv.net"
- unsubscribe source: "gamespace.us3.list-manage1.com"
- also mentioned is "MailChimp Email Marketing"

Greetings,
Farmalot

• 4 Replies
minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

If you have any problems with AG try talking to the admins : @Ferret or @boppins

Farmalot
Farmalot
3 posts
Herald

thx minecraftsniper
I send it to Ferret, let's see what response i will get.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
795 posts
Chamberlain

Howdy Farmalot!

We apologize for this email. It was sent out in violation of the agreements we have in place with our MMO partners. Because of their TOS and policies, we often have to give them your email address. But, the deals we have with them specifically state that they aren't allowed to email you for any reason. Unfortunately, sometimes they do anyway... usually it's an honest mistake because of your account getting grouped in with their accounts from their own website or others.

Again, we apologize that you received this email. We're aware of the situation and are working with GameSpace (formerly BoilingCore) to prevent it from occurring again. I also received the email, and I do believe you can opt-out from future messages from them... not the best solution, but it is one additional step and layer you can take to prevent them from emailing you again while we sort the issue out from our end.

-Tass

Farmalot
Farmalot
3 posts
Herald

Ah, that explains the source then.
Yeah, TOS and policies can be a pain and as you said they do it anyway even when they shouldn't.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Showing 1-4 of 4