ForumsGames(Random) Twitch Plays Pokemon

63 28788
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Not sure as to how a thread for this hasn't been made yet, but to summarize (because you should all know about it by now), Twitch is playing Pokemon. That's right. Thousands and thousands of users are playing a pokemon game, just one, at the same time.

Sauce

How does it work

Initially, it was completely chaotic. Each person would input a command, and when the command came to turn the character would do said command (up, down, left, right, start, B, or A).

Currently, a democratic system has been initiated, due to difficulty during a maze portion of the game (the Team Rocket hideout in Celadon). The users spent about a day on that section alone.
What the democratic system does is, every 20 seconds the users vote. They can vote on one of the seven commands, as well has how many times a command is done (example: Start9 would click "start" 9 times).

The players can switch back between the two systems by voting either "anarchy" or "democracy" at any given time. They must pass the dotted line at the top in order for the switch to be made, however.

So, now that we are filled in, discuss the happenings.

Praise be to the Helix Fossil

• 63 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

May his soul find solace one day

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Our team is looking pretty hot, even after bloody sunday

http://i.imgur.com/cXftUdB.png

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Poor Lapras being abused like that.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Somehow, SOMEHOW, we have managed to make it to the Elite Four.
Some great OC is coming out of all this as well

https://o.twimg.com/2/proxy.jpg?t=HBgeaHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL1BaYkRrZmMucG5nFMAHFLQFABYAEgA&s=w_ZNIQekpH2lQoocs-owRiioRHAABiV-m6yceS26NTo

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I saw when ATV took down that Dragonite. It was beautiful.

Apparently, there is a bug within Lance's, or perhaps any trainer with psychic-type pokemon, where if it detects a type-advantage for psychic, it will use only psychic-type moves, and since Dragonite only had Barrier and Agility as psychic moves, it would have exhausted both of these moves before moving onto Slam and Hyper Beam.

ATV won on a technicality, but it was a beautiful win nonetheless. But then it got one-shot by Bird Judas afterwards

Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

it would be helpful if there was not someone saying a the same word all the time.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Apparently, there is a bug within Lance's, or perhaps any trainer with psychic-type pokemon, where if it detects a type-advantage for psychic, it will use only psychic-type moves, and since Dragonite only had Barrier and Agility as psychic moves, it would have exhausted both of these moves before moving onto Slam and Hyper Beam.

Sauce?
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Sauce?

I searched through several wikis and came up disappointed. But you don't see any other explanation for the 20-some turns that all avoided attacks against ATV, do you? O-o
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

WE DID IT!

That's right ladies and gents, overnight we have become victorious!

New TPP starts in less than a day, most likely Gen 2. Is this a good move, or should they have left it at just Gen 1?
I, frankly, think activity will drop heavily in this one.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Helix bless all of us!

Why the pessimism pang?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Not pessimism, my dear Nicho, but realism.

We also will be without our lord. I worry this will cause some to defect to the "newer religion"

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Helix will always be with you. Repent your blasphemy.

Yeah I can see that happening too.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

New TPP starts in less than a day, most likely Gen 2. Is this a good move, or should they have left it at just Gen 1?
I, frankly, think activity will drop heavily in this one.

Nah, cause in Gen 2 you can beat yourself from Gen 1. There will be something philosophical about that.

Gen 2 will be my favorite and possibly better than the pilot run of Gen 1.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

The best part of Gen 2...we have to also re-beat gen 1 :^)

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

most likely Gen 2

Sir, it has been confirmed to be Gen 2 for a few days/ a week now.
We also will be without our lord. I worry this will cause some to defect to the "newer religion"

It will be different. The lore of the helix fossil leading a man named victory will most likely cause our new hero to decide to be a Pokemon Master.

Also it is LINK TIME:
Praise Helix With Music.
Thanks this guy: A Clicker
Beating Blue with commentary:Words and Stuff
Showing 16-30 of 63