ForumsForum GamesParallel Worlds of Archia - Fictional RPG Kickstarter - Suggestions & Feedback

8 3368
sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

Parallel World of Archia

In a world full of darkness and misteries, there would still be one peaceful placed on earth: Archia... or, was it?

Archia was reknown for the wealth and skillful blacksmiths, tailors and traders that used to travel around the world back and forth and bring prosperity to the land. It was quite peaceful... few problems were known to be there and even fewer wars to be waged; Archia was an utopia of peace for some people.
Archia was led by a council of elders; elders old as the land itself. No one was actually granted the access to directly speak to them, but the elders were bearers of magic powers and when they spoke the whole land was to hear.

But one day, something happened. The elders did not speak with the Archians for a long time. Archians thought they have been left alone, on their own; and they panicked. They've never been before unguided by the elders and they did not know what to do or what to react. Soon, the inevitable happened: chaos took over the land. Robberies, crimes and killings were becoming often and often. Everything turned to worse when magic was discovered... clans were created, black magic was becoming more and more popular.. untill.. one day.

A powerful mage decided he has to end this and he used one but old technique, which hasn't been seen for ages: He doomed all those who fell to darkness to a parallel world to Archia, known as Hazarmaveth, the dwelling of death. They were not humans any longer, they would have turned into ugly, pale, hairless and sly creatures known as Hollows.

Decades have passed and Archia became peaceful again.. the mage decided to take the place of the elders and he started to rule over Archia, trying to recreate the prosperity and the wealth.. but, the Darkness emerged again.. and this time, heroes were needed.

Character Sheet
Template:

Name:
HP: 50 ( 1 pt. = 10 HP )
Strength: 5
Defense: 5
Crafting: 5
Agility: 5
Trading: 5
Gold: 100 ( base gold 100 = this stays unchanged during the creation process )
Equipment: cloth Dress ( + 0 stat bonus )

Creating your character:

Every character created is an Archian; you will start from being a simple peasant to either becoming a reknown warrior, hunter, blacksmith or a wealthy and famous trader.
You are allowed to put up to 15 points into your character sheet; they will evolve as you do actions such as hunting, fighting, smithing or trading.
Gold remains unchanged in the creation process;

How things will actually go on:

You, as a peasant will try to do everything that takes in order to evolve; but the outcome will be decided by me, the RPG owner ( I will also play the role of the magician that took over Archia = the Archian God ).
Here is a list of actions that you will do on your behalf without me having to decide the outcome:
Eating: restores 15 HP, can be done once every 3 hours.
Sleeping: restores HP to the maximum, can be done every 15 hours; will take a minimum of 3 hours.
Chatting/interacting with others: can be done once a hour; it involves crimes, killing, smugging but not in an excessive way. Maximum amount of gold that cam be mugged once an hour is 15 and maximum damage dealth will be: [2 x YOUR (STRENGTH+AGILITY)] -/(0.75 x THEIR DEFENSE)

You are not allowed to attack/mug villagers that are considerably weaker than you and stand no chance against you.

Items?

Items will be decided by me and you will have to update your stats according to the equipment you have.

Have fun!
  • 8 Replies
sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

I forgot to mention:
To register you will have to apply here by posting a character sheet and I will notify you on your profile whether you are accepted or not.

sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

Well I already replied on your profile about it.. if nothing can be done about it I will make a post here that I'm starting a kickstarter first and.. yeah.. I forgot to add some stuff to it that just came to my mind.

sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

Well, I'm going to add one more thing to the character sheet

Name:
HP: 50 ( 1 pt. = 10 HP )
Strength: 5
Defense: 5
Crafting: 5
Agility: 5
Trading: 5
Gold: 100 ( base gold 100 = this stays unchanged during the creation process )
Equipment: cloth Dress ( + 0 stat bonus )
Property: a simple hut ( this stays unchanged during the creation process; )

Properties:
A property can be won either by my decision either by buying it with gold;
Here's a list of properties:
Simple hut: default, given upon creationg: 0 gold.
Stone house: one bedroom, one kitchen and one bath. What do you need more?; costs 150 gold
..and I will think of more, can't get any idea right now.

Trading with other players

Players are allowed to trade with each other the equipment and buildings; trades can be done without the acknowledgment of the game owner and the price will be decided between the two players.
There can also be trades for things as "I'll give you my sword and shield for your house".

If a trading happens, make sure to highlight it in a topic so I can be able to keep track of you, or notify me, otherwise I will not advance your character if I don't know what is going on.

sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

Can I opt to not own property? Or do I get to go there and, say, store items and stuff (maybe like Minecraft?)

Uhm, I will think about opting not to own a property; and I will think on the storing items and stuff; great idea though!

Trading sounds interesting. You'll have everyone in the same world, then. Granted, you'll have to have room and separate quests for all of them.

Events will happen as the story goes on and players who get different jobs will be offered different quests;
sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

Oh... I really did not think about that.. uhm sure, thanks for suggesting this! For now it's Wraiths but I'll see if I can come with something better for it.
You're a life saver.

sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

@blk2860

Now that are some great ideas. I was also thinking of such events like appearance of dark magic clans that are ruled by Wraiths leaders, but I guess I'll also add Revenants and Phantoms as those who decided to give up humanity and joined the other side.

About the skills, I was going to add up a few more but I didn't really know which; thank you for giving me suggestions about Morality and Reputation; these will be based on how many killings and mugging you do.

And the ideas of the ruined cities sounds awesome! I am going to think about a map this weekend and I'll draw it on PS or something once I get my drawing tablet ( should be here by tomorrow though ). If you have any suggestions about the maps or city names feel free to come up with everything you got in mind.

And the "molemen" idea is awesome; maybe some kind of long-forgotten race that was thought to be extinct but in fact they still live underground; I'll think and develop that idea further.

Thank you for the great feed back and suggestions! This forum needs some buttons like "Appreciate" or something like that.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

seems like you need to further develop the combat system. after recent internet problems i came back through the 1st 2 pages looking for stuff to keep up with that im GM'ing or stuff im playing, and i come across this. to be completely honest, i am relatively good at hints regarding play mechanics.

as for combat, you could pull the old "my strength minus your defense minus your armor (depending on if you plan on adding an armor stat)" however, you could also use a much more systematical and developed way by dice rolling. the RPG Brave Souls (forum game) really shows how to do that on page 3. you could also do my favorite, which is simulating what would happen. in my past successful games i used a system focusing not on stats but on realistic outcomes of what players would do and how enemies would react. thats a much better combat style if your creative, but if not i would put the extra step into doing a dice rolling system (which is much more randomized and unbiased).

thats just some basic suggestion on combat. i could help on other stuff if you want, but im not good with storylines. (or grammar for that matter).

sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

Well, guys, I must say that these are some interesting feedback and they made me think about it for a while. Tomorrow ( if I get some free time ) or the day after tomorrow I'll update the character sheet, I'll make some items list, change a bit rules at registering and I will re-post it here updates

@MattEmAngel
How about being a blacksmith/trader could be a subclass? I mean, main classes like thief, warrior, monk & stuff like that.

@spikeabc
I'll definitely consider on that! This is kind of my first RPG game first and I must thank @MattEmAngel a whole lot for telling me not to start off like this! Things are a little complicated but it'll end out pretty well, I think.

Thanks for the great feedback!

Showing 1-8 of 8