ForumsForum GamesEpic Hero (RPG)

56 13385
PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

This is a turn by turn based RPG, there is leveling-up, upgrading & buying, killing & conquering. All you have to do is read the below information to understand the game, and enjoy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

BASICS
All you fine Ladies & Gents get to "take control" of the greatest hero of all time. You shall destroy many a foe and conquer all the lands of Hysteria by the side of your fellow ArmorGamers. From groups of skeletons to giant man-eating flea bosses that shoot fire balls, maybe. But definitely boss battles, and with that, loot: gold, weapons, magic, anything useful / necessary for becoming this epic hero of awesomeness

The hero will also come in a variety of races. First off tho, a mere human, but only to unlock new races.

Your goal as the hero it to protect your town from invasion, grow in size and defense, then journey through Hysteria to kill Mad Man, the son of a gun who started all the bad things in which a hero was needed to solve and help with, yeah.

And at any time, later in the threads, I will introduce PvP, but that'll have to come with me working on this ALOT longer.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here is what you need to know to start:

HERO INFO
Name: "Hero of Awesomeness"
Race: Human
Lvl: 0
HP: 5 -------------- (HP = Hit Points)
MP: 5 -------------- (MP = Magic Points)
AP: 5 --------------- (AP = Action Points)
SP: 1 --------------- (SP = Special Points)

HP represents health, it will regenerate 1 every 4 turns.
MP is your mana pool, it will regenerate 1 every 4 turns
AP is how many swings, dodges, searches, lootings you can do. It will regenerate 1 every 3 turns
SP is how many charges you have of your Speical Ability, and as a human, that is an immediate upgrade to either HP, MP, or AP. This will raise it's value by 1. (i.e HP: 5 --> HP: 6) It is only received randomly in searches / lootings, or by leveling up! And When you level up you regain ALL HP, MP, and AP!

HERO INVENTORY
Inventory - Sack & Stick
- Shiv (+1 atk)
- Tunic (no def)
- Sandals (no def)
x1 Biscuit (+1 HP)
x1 Small Vial of Pure Water (+1 AP)

In your inventory will be your loot: weapons, armor, gold, treasure, foods, and accessories. You will start with a Sack & Stick which can only hold 5 items. You must find a better inventory item, loot one, or buy one at the Store. Equipped items are listed with a "-" in front. Unequipped items with a ">". Consumables with a "x1" or corresponding number to quantity.

TOWN INFO
Town is the first area of Hysteria, you will defend waves of enemies and have quite a but of items and villagers to play with and use to help defeat the hordes.

Town: Vanity Village
Villagers: 10

Maintaining a high number of villagers ensures growth, and income. This will also more frequently give Upgrade Points (or UPs).

Upgrades:
Castle: 0/5 ------------- (Technology, Weaponry, Defense)
Wall: 0/5 ---------------- (Defense)
Town Hall: 0/5 -------- (Growth, Leveling)
Hospital:0/5 ----------- (Growth, Revives some lost Villagers)
Residence: 0/5 ------- (Growth, Income)
Farm: 0/5 --------------- (Growth, Consumables)
Lake: 0/5 --------------- (Growth, Magic, Consumables)
Mine: 0/5 --------------- (Income)

UPs: 0

Income- 0gp
Treasury: 0gp

Income is the amount of gold you will be raking in, and how much upkeep your upgrades and villagers are bringing on to you. Try to keep this in the positive to help get the goods. And the Treasury is the bank of your hero. You can take from here, or add here. Anyone has access to it, and if I feel like its not a ridiculous request, I'll sanctify it.

JOINING
Okay, if you got through all that, I thank you, and you must be a little interested. So to join fill out this Hero Sheet:

(change only the name, and also please spend your SP point in either, HP, MP, or AP)

Hero Sheet 0.0:
HERO
HP: 5
MP: 5
AP: 5
SP: 1

INVENTORY
Sack & Stick
- Shiv
- Tunic
- Sandals
x1 Biscuit
x1 Small Vial of Pure Water

Any questions, or ideas, please feel free to ask and tell away just make sure I know they are directed to me. And I may even need help in the future, so if you're trust worthy to pick up my slack (lol) I'll add you as a moderator of sorts in the threads.

• 56 Replies
StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Hero Sheet 0.0:
HERO
Name: Storm Keket Dragon

INVENTORY
Sack & Stick
- Shiv
- Tunic
- Sandals
x1 Biscuit

Upgrades:
UPs: 0

Income- 0gp

I hope you don't mind that I included the info about the town in my character sheet.

PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

I actually appreciate that, it shows you read the whole **** thing and I'm happy about that. Although all the heros share the same town so there isn't a need for any of the heros to post it in their hero sheet. I will periodically post the town sheet to show its stats and upgrades.

Now before I start with the RPing, I just need a couple more entries, that cool?

Also, you're gonna want to spend that SP point in either your HP, MP, or AP.
(i.e HP: 5 --> HP: 6)

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Hero Sheet 0.0:
HERO
Name: Storm Keket Dragon
HP: 6
SP: 0

INVENTORY
Sack & Stick
- Shiv
- Tunic
- Sandals
x1 Biscuit

Oops, I forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Name: Spike
AP: 6
Inventory - Sack & Stick
- Shiv (+1 atk)
- Tunic (no def)
- Sandals (no def)
x1 Biscuit (+1 HP)
x1 Small Vial of Pure Water (+1 AP)

Income- 0gp

thats the most ridiculous CS i have ever seen.

PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

I will periodically post the town sheet to show its stats and upgrades.

So, spikeabc, THIS is your actual hero sheet:

Inventory - Sack & Stick
- Shiv
- Tunic
- Sandals
x1 Biscuit

Also, how is my CS ridiculous? I want your opinion.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And your hero sheet, StormDragon, is perfect.

Okay, 2 heroes is a good start, but I'm looking for at least one more, so hold on for a little longer, if no one joins in a while, then I'll go on the the game.
Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

Name: Ethan
Inventory - Sack & Stick
- Shiv
- Tunic
- Sandals
x1 Biscuit

Income- 0gp

PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

Guys this is the hero sheet:

(change only the name, and also please spend your SP point in either, HP, MP, or AP)

Hero Sheet 0.0:
HERO

INVENTORY
Sack & Stick
- Shiv
- Tunic
- Sandals
x1 Biscuit

Yours, Arverniraider24, is this:

Name: Ethan
Inventory - Sack & Stick
- Shiv
- Tunic
- Sandals
x1 Biscuit
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The town sheet should only appear in my posts, so please make sure you understand what the hero sheet is.
PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

Okay, I feel like I can work with 3 heroes, so I will start posting the game tomorrow, and be working on them tonight. I'll also still be accepting heroes. I don't have a max number yet, but probably around 10 - 12.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Inventory - Sack & Stick
- Shiv
- Tunic
- Sandals
x1 Biscuit

Also, how is my CS ridiculous? I want your opinion.

it was pretty large, but since were only posting this its not bad.

so, im assuming we cooperatively PvE in this game based on that intro.
PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

so, im assuming we cooperatively PvE in this game based on that intro.

Yes, that will basically be the game, but you won't always be around other heroes or have their help, for if this game goes rather well, I'll introduce PvP as well. And even though it is a PvE game, there will be many instances you'll be fighting the world by yourself. Though boss battles you'll probably need / want help.
Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

HERO INFO
Name: CrickTheFur
HP: 5 -------------- (HP = Hit Points)
MP: 5 -------------- (MP = Magic Points)
AP: 5 --------------- (AP = Action Points)
SP: 1 --------------- (SP = Special Points)

HERO INVENTORY
Inventory - Sack & Stick
- Shiv
- Tunic
- Sandals
x1 Biscuit

PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

Crickster, please spend your SP point in either HP, MP, or AP. Also all you need is this as your hero sheet:

HERO INFO

Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

HERO INFO

PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

Sorry it glitched out your ACTUAL hero sheet is this:

HERO INVENTORY
Inventory - Sack & Stick
- Shiv
- Tunic
- Sandals
x1 Biscuit

PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

The Story of Storm Keket Dragon

STORY
You are a humble farmsman, 10 miles out of Vanity Village. The sun is high in the sky, it must be mid-day. You're outside working your various vegetable gardens. The summer sun beats down on your, tanned and dirty skin. Being thirsty you drink your vial of water, for you've been working since the break of day. While hunched over caring to some mint plants, you hear a blistering crack of lightning shoot over head. The sky, which was now starting to fill with pitch black storm clouds, was just seconds ago clear and blue. Thinking it's just another summer heat storm, you pack up your farm equipment in the sheds, pen-up the animals, and head in doors. Thinking your day is coming to an end due to the freakish weather you sit back and relax at your kitchen table nibbling on biscuits made the morning before. And right before everything starts to feel content and you're comfortable, your freaking front door bursts right off the hinges. Lightning from the sky splits from the clouds, pierces down onto your front porch, inflaming the impact area instantly and sending out 3 storm elementalists. Seeing nothing of the sorts before, you retreat down into the basement to look for weaponry, you find only your small dagger, a family heirloom, passed down the generations. Strangely tho, on this day it seems to emit some soft glow. The weapon is made of pure silver and will inflict severe damage to any undead creatures it crosses. Elementalists aren't even alive to start with, so this may not be effective towards themâ¦..
You can fight, try to give them the slip, or continue searching before they figure out where you're hiding. What do you do?

OUTCOME

- x1 Small Vial of Pure Water removed
- "Keket Family Heirloom" added

Updated hero sheet:

HEROâ¨Name: Storm Keket Dragonâ¨Race: Humanâ¨Lvl: 0â¨HP: 6â¨MP: 5â¨AP: 5â¨SP: 0

INVENTORYâ¨Sack & Stick
- Shivâ¨> "Keket Family Heirloom" (?)â¨- Tunicâ¨- Sandalsâ¨x1 Biscuit
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things you should know:

"Keket Family Heirloom", is currently unequipped, to know it's stats, equip it. Also, you can re-name it if you wish.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Story of Arverniraider24

STORY
You are one of the Vanity Village miners. For being brought into Vanity Village as a prisoner from a far away land you were ushered to live a life of solemn servitude, an exchange for the keeping of your life. Being in years of petty service for Vanity brought you more freedom. Vanity is a fair town and believes in the better of people. Trusted with how you've taken your service you've been able to go for walks through the Mystic Forest, a magical forest filled with hazardous and strange creatures. You've taken a liking to your solitude and peacefulness in the forest that it has passively accepted you in it's midst. If this never happened to you you wouldn't of met Yorg, your trusty purple blob. Basically Yorg is an oversized amoeba, capable of consuming and digesting anything. You met Yorg on one of your walks in the Mystic Forest, when you had traversed further than ever previously, saving it from almost becoming Venus RageRat Trap food (giant living plants that eat giant rats). Whenever you go to the forest he's there waiting for you. But when lunch time came to be at work today, and you had put your pick down and walked out of the mountain to the glorious, Mystic view, you noticed your path into the woods was missing. Alarmed you run down the mountainside to the edge of the Mystic Forest, and dash into the brush. Frantically you search for any signs of the path or Yorg. Looking around your vision crosses the loom of a massive cavern. You can't tell what's inside, it looks deep and very very dark. You turn around to go back the way you've came and you're completely clueless on where to go. You're lost. Do you try your luck in the woods, or head into the cave? What do you do?

OUTCOME

There are no changes to your immediate person.

Updated hero sheet:

Name: Ethanâ¨Race: Humanâ¨Lvl: 0â¨HP: 5â¨MP: 5â¨AP: 6â¨SP: 0â¨Inventory - Sack & Stickâ¨- Shivâ¨- Tunicâ¨- Sandalsâ¨x1 Biscuitâ¨x1 Small Vial of Pure Water

Things you should know:

Nothing.
The Story of spikeabc

STORY
You are a soldier of the Vanity Guard, the only means of protection to the outside world of Vanity Village. Being trusted, and of the higher-end ranks of the Guard you were given the task to protect a trader from Vanity Village to the next town. The next town over is Cedar Falls Town and is 20 miles from Vanity Village. The 1 horse pulled caravan, it's driver, 3 fellow Vanity Guards, and yourself endowed onto your journey yesterday. You've made it only 12 miles down the road for you've entered the Mystic Forest, a thick and mysterious forest fabled to hold giant creatures and magical happenings and basically all things unknown. It's mid-day but you wouldn't know for the canopy above is thick and brings unrelenting darkness. You hear a storm heavily releasing thunder and lightning above. With the raging storm, continuing ahead could be suicidal. The caravan sets itself as a stationary home, holding the horse and driver. You and the 3 soldiers pitch tents near by, light a fire, and settle down next to the base of the trunk of a massive Yarigo Tree. It's fruit are massive and delicious, but hang daringly 250ft above in the canopy. After eating your biscuit you get sleepy and content. You stick your weapon into the earth besides you, and tip your helmet to cover your eyes. You settle down and nap under the Yarigo's cover.
You're rudely awoken by the most un-earthly screech you've ever heard. You tear off your helmet erratically to see, flinging it off into the woods by accident. You stand up and grab your short sword. In front of you lies 2 of the 3 guards dead on the ground. They are surrounded by the corpses of numerous undead, maybe 7 or 9. The caravan is missing along with the horse and driver. Next to the fire you made earlier in the day is the last Vanity Guard, he looks badly injured, his armor is ridden with blood and he's barely moving.
You can help the soldier, search for the caravan, loot all the bodies, or start walking down the path or walk into the forest. What do you do?

OUTCOME

- x1 Biscuit removed
- Short Sword replaces Shiv
- Basic Leather Armor replaces Tunic
- Iron Boots replaces Sandals

Updated hero sheet:

Name: Spikeâ¨Race: Humanâ¨Lvl: 0â¨HP: 5â¨MP: 5â¨AP: 6â¨SP: 0â¨Inventory - Sack & Stickâ¨- Short Swordâ¨- Basic Leather Armorâ¨- Iron Bootsâ¨x1 Small Vial of Pure Water

Things you should know:

Short Sword is 2 dmg, instead of Shiv's 1 dmg. Basic Leather Armor and Iron Boots are both +1 Defense, this will reduce incoming damage from enemies.
The Story of Crickster

STORY
You are a fisherman of Vanity, although you live in your house set my the lakeside, a comfortable couple miles from Vanity Village, you still are revered as a fellow townsman. Knowing only but fishing you have a paddle boat, an old collection of aquatic equipment, and a lot of books of the sea. You know what's around the lake, and what's in the lake more than anyone else. But that's about to change. You need to pull in some extra gold today for tomorrow morning there is going to be tax gathering tomorrow at the town hall and if you get behind, you'll be kicked out. You grab your trusty fishing rod, and climb into your boat. After you've reached the centre of the lake you fling the line down into the deep. Settling down and waiting for a catch you take off your sandals and put them on the post of the bow of your boat. But before you know it the sky starts to get dark. Huge storm clouds expanding out of nothing. Afraid of being caught in a heavy storm you start to head ashore. But that's when something bites your rod. Stuck between getting your tax gold and not getting drenched you barely decide to try and quickly wrestle a catch. As soon as you grab the rod though, it pulls you off the boat and into the water. You lose grasp of the rod, re-surface and find its heavily raining now, there's a strange fog starting to grow, and your boat is gone. You manage to swim ashore, but on the opposite end of the lake from your lakeside home. Then from out of the lake bursts a massive Spiky Splashfish, a fish the size of big dog with razor sharp teeth and is able to walk for a short period of time on land. It also still has your fishing rod hanging from it's mouth. With only your bare hands, do you fight it, or run away to your house? What do you do?

OUTCOME

- Sandals removed

Updated hero sheet:

Name: CrickTheFurâ¨Race: Humanâ¨Lvl: 0â¨HP: 6â¨MP: 5â¨AP: 5â¨SP: 0
HERO INVENTORYâ¨Inventory - Sack & Stickâ¨- Shivâ¨- Tunicâ¨x1 Biscuitâ¨x1 Small Vial of Pure Water

Things you should know:

Nothing.

Well that's the start of the game, if you have any questions, please ask away.

Showing 1-15 of 56