ForumsForum GamesEpic Hero (RPG)

56 13407
PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

This is a turn by turn based RPG, there is leveling-up, upgrading & buying, killing & conquering. All you have to do is read the below information to understand the game, and enjoy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

BASICS
All you fine Ladies & Gents get to "take control" of the greatest hero of all time. You shall destroy many a foe and conquer all the lands of Hysteria by the side of your fellow ArmorGamers. From groups of skeletons to giant man-eating flea bosses that shoot fire balls, maybe. But definitely boss battles, and with that, loot: gold, weapons, magic, anything useful / necessary for becoming this epic hero of awesomeness

The hero will also come in a variety of races. First off tho, a mere human, but only to unlock new races.

Your goal as the hero it to protect your town from invasion, grow in size and defense, then journey through Hysteria to kill Mad Man, the son of a gun who started all the bad things in which a hero was needed to solve and help with, yeah.

And at any time, later in the threads, I will introduce PvP, but that'll have to come with me working on this ALOT longer.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here is what you need to know to start:

HERO INFO
Name: "Hero of Awesomeness"
Race: Human
Lvl: 0
HP: 5 -------------- (HP = Hit Points)
MP: 5 -------------- (MP = Magic Points)
AP: 5 --------------- (AP = Action Points)
SP: 1 --------------- (SP = Special Points)

HP represents health, it will regenerate 1 every 4 turns.
MP is your mana pool, it will regenerate 1 every 4 turns
AP is how many swings, dodges, searches, lootings you can do. It will regenerate 1 every 3 turns
SP is how many charges you have of your Speical Ability, and as a human, that is an immediate upgrade to either HP, MP, or AP. This will raise it's value by 1. (i.e HP: 5 --> HP: 6) It is only received randomly in searches / lootings, or by leveling up! And When you level up you regain ALL HP, MP, and AP!

HERO INVENTORY
Inventory - Sack & Stick
- Shiv (+1 atk)
- Tunic (no def)
- Sandals (no def)
x1 Biscuit (+1 HP)
x1 Small Vial of Pure Water (+1 AP)

In your inventory will be your loot: weapons, armor, gold, treasure, foods, and accessories. You will start with a Sack & Stick which can only hold 5 items. You must find a better inventory item, loot one, or buy one at the Store. Equipped items are listed with a "-" in front. Unequipped items with a ">". Consumables with a "x1" or corresponding number to quantity.

TOWN INFO
Town is the first area of Hysteria, you will defend waves of enemies and have quite a but of items and villagers to play with and use to help defeat the hordes.

Town: Vanity Village
Villagers: 10

Maintaining a high number of villagers ensures growth, and income. This will also more frequently give Upgrade Points (or UPs).

Upgrades:
Castle: 0/5 ------------- (Technology, Weaponry, Defense)
Wall: 0/5 ---------------- (Defense)
Town Hall: 0/5 -------- (Growth, Leveling)
Hospital:0/5 ----------- (Growth, Revives some lost Villagers)
Residence: 0/5 ------- (Growth, Income)
Farm: 0/5 --------------- (Growth, Consumables)
Lake: 0/5 --------------- (Growth, Magic, Consumables)
Mine: 0/5 --------------- (Income)

UPs: 0

Income- 0gp
Treasury: 0gp

Income is the amount of gold you will be raking in, and how much upkeep your upgrades and villagers are bringing on to you. Try to keep this in the positive to help get the goods. And the Treasury is the bank of your hero. You can take from here, or add here. Anyone has access to it, and if I feel like its not a ridiculous request, I'll sanctify it.

JOINING
Okay, if you got through all that, I thank you, and you must be a little interested. So to join fill out this Hero Sheet:

(change only the name, and also please spend your SP point in either, HP, MP, or AP)

Hero Sheet 0.0:
HERO
Name: "Hero of Awesomeness"
HP: 5
MP: 5
AP: 5
SP: 1

INVENTORY
Sack & Stick
- Shiv
- Tunic
- Sandals
x1 Biscuit
x1 Small Vial of Pure Water

Any questions, or ideas, please feel free to ask and tell away just make sure I know they are directed to me. And I may even need help in the future, so if you're trust worthy to pick up my slack (lol) I'll add you as a moderator of sorts in the threads.

• 56 Replies
Bender124
Bender124
481 posts
Peasant

Hero Sheet 0.0:
HERO
Name: Nick Lasher
HP: 6
MP: 5
AP: 5
SP:

INVENTORY
Sack & Stick
- Shiv
- Tunic
- Sandals
x1 Biscuit
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

Hey guys, sorry for the day absence, I've been job hunting and haven't had computer time, but I need to spurge my creative parts. So expect new wave of RP's tonight / tomorrow. By tomorrow I mean 12:00 a.m. I'm starting them now.

Also welcome to Epic Hero, Bender124!

PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

The Story of Arveniraider24

I draw my shiv and slowly retreat towards the forest

STORY
Backing slowly, weapon drawn and eyes fiercely set on the foes ahead, you ready for an attack. You reach the brush, then suddenly, your ankle snags a small root. You lose balance and tumble into the forest. But instead of falling to the ground you find yourself rolling and spinning down a giant hole. The tunnel ends and you slam into the dirt ground of a big hollow room, cylindrical in shape. There is a dried grass bedding just ahead, it seems to hold a couple of eggs, almost as tall as you. Wondrous you crawl over to the eggs. Thinking you hear a sound, you press your ear against an egg. Whatever is inside is scratching against the shell -- it's about to hatch. You must make a frantic choice: either stay and inspect what pursues or run down the tunnel on the opposite side of the room? What do you do?

OUTCOME
- Heavy fall -1 HP

UPDATED HERO SHEET
TURNS
Turn #: 3
HERO
Name: Ethan
Level: 0
Exp: 0/25
HP: 4/5
MP: 5/5
AP: 3/5

INVENTORY
Sack & Stick
- Shiv
- Tunic
- Sandals
x1 Biscuit

STATUS EFFECTS
(none)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Story of Crickster

I head to the town to look for a way to cure the poison

Too worried about your health you decide to leave the retched body of the fish and head to town. Knowing the array of numerous herbs / medicinal plants in Hysteria, you keep a vigil eye for any placebos you may cross in your path. When you move 2 miles up-road you notice a light colored plant flowering a single blue bloom. Inside the bloom is this honey colored substance, thick to the touch but not sticky. It actually rolls off your fingers and doesn't stick to you at all. Curious but unknown to the plant, do you use your medicinal assumption to remedy your wound with the plant or do you choose to continue to town?

OUTCOME
- Light Poison (2/3)

UPDATED HERO SHEET
TURNSâ¨Turn #: 3â¨HEROâ¨Name: CruckTheFurâ¨Race: Humanâ¨â¨Level: 0â¨â¨Exp: 10/25â¨â¨HP: 4/5â¨â¨MP: 5/5â¨â¨AP: 3/5â¨â¨SP: 0â¨
INVENTORYâ¨â¨Sack & Stickâ¨- Tunicâ¨x1 Small Vial of Pure Waterâ¨x1 Biscuitâ¨
STATUS EFFECTSâ¨- Light Poison - Inflict 1 dmg every 3 turns (turn 2/3)

The Story of shadowgun453

I try to dodge the attack, and then I counter with a quick slash to the right femur.

STORY
The King Skeleton rattles full speed at you, with lightning speed you dodge his wide blow, ducking low while keeping momentum you head into a whirlwind spin and slash at the joint of the femur to the tibia/ fibula. You instantly sever the bones, and the skeleton gets hurled to the ground. You take a couple steps back to figure out the damage you've done. The King Skeleton starts to stand back up, and as it does, the crippled leg starts to regenerate. It's then stands tall again, once again a complete skeleton. That attack had no effect. What do you now?

OUTCOME
- 1 AP

UPDATED HERO SHEET
Turn #: 3â¨HEROâ¨Name: Shadow, A,k,a. the Highway Henchmanâ¨Race: Humanâ¨Lvl: 0â¨HP: 5/5â¨MP: 5/5â¨AP: 5/6â¨SP: 0
INVENTORYâ¨Sack & Stickâ¨- Golden Shadow Strikeâ¨- Midnight Mailâ¨- Sandalsâ¨x1 Biscuitâ¨x1 Small Vial of Pure Water
STATUS EFFECTSâ¨-Golden Shadow Strike deals 1 dmg, 2 dmg to the unsuspecting, increases your luck and finds.â¨- "Midnight Mail" is 1 def, more fighting scenarios start with the act of surprise.â¨-- Duelist's Curse surrounds the caster and a target in impenetrable walls of magic. This curse will only end when the caster ceases on demand or is killed during casting.

The Story of Bender124

STORY
You are a majestic knight. Very skilled in combat and princess loving, what's not to like? After a very ambiguous ceremony, a discerned you heads to the pub. You get a crowd of ladies and gents to drink and have a merry old time with you. After a long night tho, the day must come to rest. You leave the pub very uncoordinated, and stumble towards home. All alone, mid night, and down a long road back to home you hear a rustling behind you. You keep ahead for you believe your mind is tricking you. Then you hear it again, a little closer almost, and it's increasing in sound and frequency. Alarmed you draw your sword, and spin around. In front of you now, is a majestic Forest Jaguar. This huge feline could eat you as a snack, and it looks hungry. It's head is low to the ground, and it's walking in a low, shamble gaunt. This gives clue to that it may have received a major injury earlier in life and has never fully recovered. You enter a defensive stance waiting for a pounce, the beast is circling you. You must make action now, what do you do?

OUTCOME
- There are no changes to your immediate person
- Drunk status effect added
- Shiv replaced with Sword (3 atk)

UPDATED HERO SHEET
TURNS
Turn #: 1

HERO
Name: Nick Lasher
HP: 6/6
AP: 5/5
SP: 0

INVENTORY
Sack & Stick
- Sword
- Tunic
- Sandals
x1 Biscuit

STATUS EFFECTS
- Drunk - You will miss some attacks / blocks / evades. No AP regen. (Turns 1/4)

@Bender124 There is a hero sheet 0.1 now, it has things like exp, and fractions in it. It's better trust me, so please make sure you're posting the right sheet in the right format. Thank you.

Any questions, please ask away.
shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

TURNS
HERO
Name: Shadow, A,k,a. the Highway Henchman
Exp:0/25
HP: 5/5
AP: 5/6

INVENTORY
Sack & Stick
- Golden Shadow Strike
- Midnight Mail
- Sandals
x1 Biscuit

STATUS EFFECTS
-Golden Shadow Strike deals 1 dmg, 2 dmg to the unsuspecting, increases your luck and finds.
- "Midnight Mail" is 1 def, more fighting scenarios start with the act of surprise.
-- Duelist's Curse surrounds the caster and a target in impenetrable walls of magic. This curse will only end when the caster ceases on demand or is killed during casting.

Dang, thought that was going to cripple it, well better get ready, lets see... I know a shot to the head or neck might do it! I get ready to attack, however if he/ it attacks I try dodge and then strike at one of it's neck bones with an other quick strike.

Arverniraider24
Arverniraider24
1,088 posts
Peasant

HERO
HP: 4/5
AP: 3/5

I will cautiously move away from the eggs, shiv still ready.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

TURNSâ¨Turn #: 1
HEROâ¨Name: Storm Keket Dragon
Race: Humanâ¨Level: 0â¨Exp: 0/25â¨HP: 5/5â¨MP: 5/5â¨AP: 4/5â¨SP: 0

INVENTORYâ¨Magician's Bag
- Lady Death's Mystic Daggerâ¨> Shivâ¨
- Tunic
â¨- Sandals
â¨x1 Biscuit
STATUS EFFECTSâ¨- Lady Death's Mystic Dagger Enchantment: +1 def, and +1 dmg against the undead. Increase the passive regen rate of AP by 1. (Regen AP 1 every 2 turns.) Turn 1/2

OOC: Sorry about not being on but my net went out and it just recently got fixed.

IC: I pick up and equip my mom's old Thieves Cowl and try to preform a sneak attack on the elementalists. If I survive the fight I might read the book before leaving my house but for now it stays where it is.

Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

TURNSâ¨Turn #: 3
HEROâ¨Name: CruckTheFur
Race: Humanâ¨
â¨Exp: 10/25
â¨HP: 4/5
â¨MP: 5/5
â¨AP: 3/5â¨
INVENTORYâ¨
Sack & Stickâ¨-
Tunicâ¨x1
Small Vial of Pure Waterâ¨x1
Biscuit
STATUS EFFECTS
â¨Light Poison - Inflict 1 dmg every 3 turns (turn 2/3)

i try the substance on hope to cure myself.

PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

Ahh. Guys, all your activeness is refreshing. Expect the next wave of RPs tonight! I am starting them now.

@StormDragon: Welcome back.

@Arverniraider24:

Trying "substances" is bad, never do this, even if they say experiment.
PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

Hrm, strange. Sorry Arveniraider24 for bringing you into this. That was for Crickster.... :x

These computers get you every time.... yeeeeah.

PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

Okay people, story time:

The Story of shadowgun453

Dang, thought that was going to cripple it, well better get ready, lets see... I know a shot to the head or neck might do it! I get ready to attack, however if he/ it attacks I try dodge and then strike at one of it's neck bones with an other quick strike.

Right on the button, you instinctively anticipate his next moves. With a critically hitting special move, you instantly assassinate the King Skeleton. By severing his head from his body, you release the demon soul trapped in the bones and also making it fall into a pile of bones on the ground. To add effect, you stomp the bone pile into powder. Unknowingly doing so your act of powdering the bones, an ancient alchemical taboo, released the magic (or spell) from the possessed being. You have just learned the spell Duelist's Curse. Your version is a little different tho, let me explain:
Level 1: You can only activate Duelist's Curse when the enemy is dubbed unsuspecting. (I can include an unsuspecting enemy in any RP.) Costs: 4 MP, Lasts: 1 Turn or until target is dead.
Level 2: Your first strike will hit 100% of the time. It will also be a critical strike, dealing extra damage. Also, any action pursued while Duelist's Curse is active has no AP penalties or any subtraction towards AP. Costs: 4 MP, Lasts: 2 Turns or until target is dead.
Level 3: Any attack made during Duelist's Curse will ignore enemy armor. Also, every attack made during Duelist's Curse will successfully hit 100% of the time. Costs: 5 MP, Lasts: 3 Turns or until target is dead
Level 4: You can activate Duelist's Curse on any enemy whether it be an unsuspecting enemy, or an fully-aware-of-your-presence enemy. Also, while Duelist's Curse is active, you move unseen by all enemies, and all enemies are also dubbed unsuspecting. Costs 6 MP, Lasts: 5 Turns or until target is dead
Level 5: While Duelist's Curse is active, all enemy weak spots are made visible. Also, while Duelist's Curse is active, every attack bleeds the target, and heals you for identical damage dealt to target. Costs: 6 MP, Lasts: 5 Turns of until enemy is dead.
Level 6: You are invulnerable to any debuffs, attacks, or effects the entirety of Duelist's Curse. Also, Duelist's Curse can effect multiple targets up to as many as the caster wishes. Costs: All MP, Lasts until enemy(ies) are dead.
Level 7: You instantly kill all known targets when you activate Duelist's Curse. Also, the intense casting tests your limits and mentally strains you inflicting Level 2: Bleed (-1 HP every Turn). Costs: All MP

I may add that it may seem like it will take a while but you'll get there, and it will be awesome every level up. And to level it up you must a) use it. And b) kill enemies inside of it.
Back to the story: After killing the King Skeleton, the curse lifts and you are now able to move as you wish. Now with your new spell do you wish to confront those dark magic [and possible] Necromancers? Or do you continue your path towards town? What do you do?
OUTCOME
- You gain 15 exp. for killing Skeleton King, you also receive 1 SP.
- You learned a new spell (Duelist's Curse). By learning a new spell (Duelist's Curse) you've exhausted 1 MP.
- Your critical strike / special move exerted 3 AP out of you.
- Turn 4/4 complete - passive health regen, +1 HP. (HP is full)
- Turn 4/4 complete - passive magic regen, +1 MP.

UPDATED HERO SHEET
TURNS
Turn #: 4
HERO
Name: Shadow, a.k.a the Highway Henchman
Race: human
Exp:15/25
AP: 2/6

INVENTORY
Sack & Stick
- Golden Shadow Strike
- Midnight Mail
- Sandals
x1 Biscuit
Spells:
- Level 1: Duelists Curse: You can only activate Duelist's Curse when the enemy is dubbed unsuspecting. (I can include an unsuspecting enemy in any RP.) Costs: 4 MP, Lasts: 1 Turn or until enemy is dead.
Times Used: 0
Enemies Killed: 0
STATUS EFFECTS
- Golden Shadow Strike
- Midnight Mail
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things You should know:

You can be phase-blocked, or unable to cast any spell for a certain amount of turns by effects or enemies. So be wary on when you use it, it's cost, and whom you use it on.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Story of Arverniraider24

I will cautiously move away from the eggs, shiv still ready.

You slowly creep back, weapon drawn, waiting for the hatchlings. As soon as you get a comfortable distance away, an egg starts to crack and rustle about. Then one by one, all 5 eggs start to break apart. Then the hatchlings reveal themselves, they are baby giant snakes. About 12 feet in length, they can easily out muscle you "single handedly", yet there are 5. Now you could attack them, or try to run past them to the tunnel? What do you do?

OUTCOME
- Turn 4/4 complete - passive HP regen rate, +1 HP.
- Turn 4/4 complete - passive MP regen rate, +1 MP. (MP full)
UPDATED HERO SHEET
TURNS

HERO

AP: 4/5

INVENTORY

Sack & Stick

- Shiv

- Tunic

- Sandals

x1 Biscuit

STATUS EFFECTS

(none)

Things you should know:

Make your next response elaborate / creative and your next turn could come outâ¦. interesting.

The Story of StormDragon

I pick up and equip my mom's old Thieves Cowl and try to preform a sneak attack on the elementalists.  If I survive the fight I might read the book before leaving my house but for now it stays where it is.

You grab the cowl and place it over your head. Instantly you gain vision to every detail in your dark basement, this cowl must have granted you Night Vision. This cowl also increases your MP slightly.
Then firmly gripping LDMD you rush under the stairs and wait for the elementalists to bottom the stairs. The three reach the basement floor and spread out to search for you. Thinking you can catch one separated and off guard you ready yourself for an opportunity. While you wait one elementalist spots the box you opened and alerts the others of your presence here. They start to feverishly devour your basement in a hectic search for you. Then you spot one a ways off from the other two, and feeling lucky you draw closer to it. Then, as soon as you go to close in for the kill, your blade shines bright white and blinks you directly above and behind your target. You have teleported 10 feet. In a perfect killing stance, you simply aim the dagger down and fall to the ground. You pierce the storm elementalist in the back of the neck. Raw lightning magic starts to pour out of the wound, shooting sporadically in every direction. A bolt manages to hit you and instantly burns you. You remove your dagger and retreat backwards, showing your acrobatic skills in fluid movement. The bleeding elementalist suddenly explodes into a shower of bolts, setting fire to your house and engulfing the immediate area in fire. The other two storm elementalists start to fire lightning bolts at you, so you quickly weave through the first volley of bolts and rush up the stairs. A crack-shot manages to slip up the stairs behind you and catch you in the back. The critical hit sends you up the stairs and pops you right out the house. This was actually a good thing, for although your breath was knocked out of you and you're badly hurt, the house soon after collapses into the fire, destroying the other two elementalists. You're now laying in a heavy rainstorm, badly hurt. Do you search the ruins for the book and other maybe important things or do you head to town to get to a doctor to heal your wounds? What do you do?

OUTCOME
- You attack a Storm Elementalist.

- You gain 5 exp. for killing a Storm Elementalist.

- 2 Lightning Bolt strikes, - 3 HP.

- "Mom's Old Thief Cowl" added.

- New enchantment learned for LDMD (Blink).

- Your new-found enchantment (Blink) costs 1 MP & 1 AP per use, - 1 MP & -1 AP.

UPDATED HERO SHEET

TURNS

HERO

Name: Storm Keket Dragon

Exp: 5/25

HP: 2/5

MP: 4/5

AP: 2/5

STATUS EFFECTS

- LDMD (regen 1/2, Blink)

- "Mom's Old Thief Cowl" (Night Vision)

- Minor Burn (No HP regen 1/3)

Things you should know:

You can re-name the cowl. LDMD is your Lady Death's Mystic Dagger. Minor Burn lasts 3 turns. You still have a biscuit and maybe biscuits on what used to be your kitchen table. Searching things never hurts.

The Story of Crickster

STORY
The flower seems overwhelmingly beneficial so you take no final thoughts and pluck the flower from the plant and empty its contents onto your hand then licking it up. The honey like fluid tastes sweet and is enjoyable. But your stomach starts to tighten up and you cant help but hunch over as your stomach clenches shut. For a couple of seconds your innards are on fire, and then⦠nothing. No pain, and no wounds. This plant has healed you and has also cured you of your poison! The only side effect though is that your mouth is completely dry and you're dead thirsty. You drink your vial of water. Now feeling much better, but pretty tired, do you head to town still, head back home, or look for some of these new plants? What do you do?

OUTCOME
- The first gut-wrenching effects of the flower, -1 AP.
- The healing effects of the flower cure your Light Poison and heal you for, +1 HP.
- x1 Small vial of Pure Water removed.
- Turn 4/4 complete - passive HP regen, +1 HP (HP full)
- Turn 4/4 complete - passive MP regen, +1 MP (MP full)

UPDATED HERO SHEET
TURNS
HERO
Name: CruckTheFur
Exp: 10/25

INVENTORY
Sack & Stick
- Tunic
x1 Biscuit

STATUS EFFECTS
(none)
Things you should know:
The plants could sell for some good gold. You are getting low on AP. Your inventory is looking empty, maybe go to town and buy some goods?

Any questions, please ask away.
shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

TURNS
HERO
Name: Shadow, a.k.a the Highway Henchman
Race: human
Exp:15/25
AP: 2/6

INVENTORY
Sack & Stick
- Golden Shadow Strike
- Midnight Mail
- Sandals
x1 Biscuit
Spells:
- Level 1: Duelists Curse: You can only activate Duelist's Curse when the enemy is dubbed unsuspecting. (I can include an unsuspecting enemy in any RP.) Costs: 4 MP, Lasts: 1 Turn or until enemy is dead.
Times Used: 0
Enemies Killed: 0
STATUS EFFECTS
- Golden Shadow Strike
- Midnight Mail

I crack knuckles and continue heading to town, even with the spell, it would be a long shot at best to kill the fool's who brought back the dead. Plus I have no clue about how many skeletons are left.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name: Storm Keket Dragon
Exp: 5/25
HP: 2/5
MP: 4/5
INVENTORYâ¨:Magician's Bag
- Lady Death's Mystic Daggerâ¨> Shivâ¨
- Tunic
â¨- Sandals
-Shadow Wolf Cloak
â¨x1 Biscuit
STATUS EFFECTS
- LDMD (regen 1/2, Blink)
- "Mom's Old Thief Cowl" (Night Vision)
- Minor Burn (No HP regen 1/3)

I'll search the ruins of my house after eating a biscuit.

PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

I'll search the ruins of my house after eating a biscuit.

You'll soon find out that searching the house was a good idea. And as a friendly tip to all, looting enemies you defeat is the only way to receive all bonuses / gold they have to offer.
Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

TURNS
HERO
Name: CruckTheFur
Exp: 10/25