ForumsNews and FeedbackButtons to appreciate a post.

19 11594
sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

Hey there, fellow Armorgamers.

I've been getting and reading some really worthy replies on the forum and I kept thinking about why there's no appreciation button.
There should be something like "Thank you" or "I Appreciate This" or something like that button to really thank users for the time they took to write and to help other people.

• 19 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

I'm starting to think, having fewer regulars, and much better quality posts, might not necessarily make a better Forum compared to one filled with banal posts, and the occasional gem of a post.

Just my opinion. I wouldn't say no to a thumbs up feature, it might be a little nudging carrot for those who need some form of minor reward it in order to post at first.

sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

It indeed might not necessarily make a better forum but it MIGHT, just MIGHT, make others want to do more quality and useful posts in order to get appreciated.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

[quote=gh0sts]What also could happen is that people will work out deals with their friends so that they just give each other as much reinforcement as the site allows them to[/quote]

I do remember now (on another forum) one unfortunate occasion where it transpired an established and respected member had been spamming other users by PM (private message -- not available on this forum) to "like" his pics. Then even getting into a ruckus about it or so for not being liked enough or something, if I recall.

Unfortunate and sordid affair, for all involved. It did result in the person being banned, of course, if grudgingly so. His pics were good.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

How about it to be possible to be given only to knights/mods/admins?

That could be better, but the system could also lose some of its objectivity if only a certain group could use it. Then again, that's how the merit system works, so it could happen.
Showing 16-19 of 19