ForumsThe TavernAlone Time

10 3094
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

"We need solitude, because when we're alone, we're free from obligations, we don't need to put on a show, and we can hear our own thoughts."
â Tamim Ansary

Are you a person who needs to occasionally get away from the bustle of daily live, hide away in your room/personal space, and recharge your body's batteries? Or are you one who will feel deprived, less energetic and down when cut away from the outside world? If it's the former, how do you recharge? Essentially, is alone time crucial for you?

It is for me, I cannot thrive in a never ending rush of human interaction and daily frustration; I'm not the sort that detests and avoids human company, but sometimes it just gets all too suffocating. I try to carve out a niche of time for myself during the weekend, get away from everyone, and just zone out, be it reading, just listening to soothing music, or drawing.

• 10 Replies
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer

The last paragraph in its entirety. It annoys me how everyone wants to slap an 'introvert' or 'extrovert' tag on themselves, but I'd rather spend time alone, in my room and away from other people. Maybe that's why I spend so much time on Armor Games :-)

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

What is "the outside world"?

Are you a person who needs to occasionally get away from the bustle of daily live, hide away in your room/personal space, and recharge your body's batteries?

Does every free moment of every day fall under the category of "occasionally"?
Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

Extremely necessary. I have to be alone for some hours to think about my things. I like being with my friends but having a time for myself is essential. My "alone time" is even longer due the level of stupidity of people at school. If I get annoyed, I just go to the library and read something. Mind keeps refreshed for a long day.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

What is "the outside world"?

Daily job, school, constant interaction with people I guess. Not very well defined. :/

Does every free moment of every day fall under the category of "occasionally"?

I was thinking more along the lines of being free and really alone, but I guess that could work as well.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer

I think Ernie was making a joke Nicho.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Oh dear me then.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I need something of a balance between human interaction and alone time. Too much of either is enough to drive this guy crazy.

Its_JBehm
Its_JBehm
8 posts
Nomad

Too much interaction with people is just stressful.. Music is my life in a nutshell, so I'll generally slip away into my headphones.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I do like to be alone once in a while. I usually listen to music with my eyes closed so I can enjoy it more.
Walking alone on a snowy evening is even better. I can hear the silence and smell the cold and feel the snowflakes on my face, that's priceless!

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

I suppose if anybody ventures these forums, they're more likely to recharge when they're alone than not. Here on Armor Games, we can relax and feel alone. Sure, the forums are in a way human interaction, but only if you choose to interact. That quote in the OP describes me in a way. The hustle and bustle of humanity is all fine and all and I love everybody, but sometimes I just want to keep to myself for just a little bit and ponder on a lot of things.

It keeps me sane, like I don't have to pretend to be anybody so I can please or displease this or that person; I feel solace in that regard.

Showing 1-10 of 10