ForumsSupport ForumInevitable Advertisements

4 4217
mertakg
mertakg
4 posts
Nomad

Hi,

Inevitable advertisments before every game is so annoying.. It makes me try less games..If I'am not interested, i should have a right to skip the ad..Or maybe you can show full ad to visitors and provide "skip the ad" option to your members.

Thanks in advance,

• 4 Replies
devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

Hello mertakg,these advertisments are necessary for free gaming.
=)
While some ads have skip ad button after 5 seconds,some have not.The idea is,that you refresh the page till you get an ad with a skip button.
We are disoppionted because of your inconvenience...
=(
Also,please do not use Full Caps in the titles and posts.

mertakg
mertakg
4 posts
Nomad

HÄ° again devansh_asthana, thank you for your response.

Of course I know the ads are so important for you and always must be.

The reason why I feel to complain about this is ,may be being so unlucky to select games with unskipable "world of tanks" ad (it seem majority of the games are attached to this, because until know I was thinking it is the only one ad)

Please don't be, because I realy like your games and what you do. My only request from you is to do not show unskipable ads and even maybe you can increase skipping interval of ads from 5 seconds to 10-15secs.

I won't and hope won't need to write anything again.

Best,

Mert

devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

download an adblocker online. They block all the advertisements.

I would not suggest this,adblockers would stop the game loading altogther...
=)

My only request from you is to do not show unskipable ads and even maybe you can increase skipping interval of ads from 5 seconds to 10-15secs.

We would need an administrator here...since you are not writing anymore(=P)I will contact an admin myself.

=)

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

[quote=devansh_asthana]We are disoppionted because of your inconvenience...[/quote]

[quote=mertakg]Of course I know the ads are so important for you...

I realy like your games and what you do[/quote]

To be clear (and I can see this has been addressed in private, I don't mean to harp on it. But Mertakg and other unsuspecting readers may not realize it), Devansh's use of "we" here may have suggested he speaks for the site.

But he's just another user, like most of us The people running the show here are the mods & admins (moderators and administrators), they are recognizable as such by their armatar descriptions.

Your question gets raised quite regularly, and I think the site has its own stance on it.

nb

[quote=devansh_asthana]The idea is,that you refresh the page till you get an ad with a skip button.[/quote]

I don't think that's "the idea" at all, and it would be silly if it were offered as such. (Reloading games until you happen to get lucky would be a tedious process even on my pretty decent set-up.) What does happen is some people sometimes offer it as a possible workaround. Seems tedious indeed, to me, but, to each their own.

Showing 1-4 of 4