ForumsGamesBattlefield 3 - Thoughts and opinions

13 7453
sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

So I just started to play BF3 today and I have to say I'm pretty impressed by the multiplayer.
Getting gadgets and upgrades for weapons is kind of annoying but I can't really feel that it creates much unbalance in the game.

What do you guys think about this game?

• 13 Replies
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Battlefield 3 is and still is one of my most favorite FPS game. Gadgets and upgrades aren't really annoying imo because all you need to do is to rack up kills. Assignments on the other hand are pretty tedious to do but they unlock nice things for you like camos, dog tags, weapons. It can tell they put some good effort into almost everything. Almost all the maps are well-balanced and have variety. Some maps have some irritating spawn trapping, but it's okay. You can check out my battlelog if you want to.

Shukelven
Shukelven
42 posts
Peasant

Haha, I left my BF3 at my cousins house by accident, I haven't played in two weeks and I'm going crazy.

It's one of my favorite games, it doesn't look like a 2011 game, it's too good for that time haha. Anyway, pretty much everything about this game is really great, upgrades I think are really cool, but I agree with Vinster, assignments are really annoying.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Nowadays, it kind of boring because the number of inexperienced players is so high. Sometimes when I see noobs mess up it's pretty funny, but frustrates you a little when they use CoD tactics in Battlefield. Now, it seems like only Colonel 100's (that still like BF3 and don't want to upgrade to BF4) and noobs. It's also hard to find good servers and the Dice servers have too low tickets. It makes sense though since BF3 isn't the main game anymore.

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

BF3 is my game. I just love it and can't have enough of it. I have been playing it since the launch and I have got every single unlock in the game a while ago. I bought BF4 too but my 360 broke =(.

My Battlelog

sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

Hehe, BF3 seems actually very cool! I have only rank 13 or 12 so far; I didn't use to play FPS games so much - but BF3 beats them!

Fighting against experienced players is pain in the ... but hey, it's still funny! I love it so far.

Still, I think the Campaign's pretty boring. ;v

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

Still, I think the Campaign's pretty boring

Still better than BF4's campaign. I can't stand that stupid b* Hannah. "Recker, get the elevator for me", " Hurry up Recker, blow up the tank", "Shoot the gun for me Recker".... Lamest character ever.
Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

I liked BF3, but I liked Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 2 better TBH.

Still better than BF4's campaign. I can't stand that stupid b* Hannah. "Recker, get the elevator for me", " Hurry up Recker, blow up the tank", "Shoot the gun for me Recker".... Lamest character ever.

My sentiments, exactly. Not to mention you play as a guy who has no mouth, and needs to scream his frustrations out about the people near him. The voice acting was good, but whoever wrote the script should get fired from DICE.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

but whoever wrote the script should get fired from DICE.

DICE has said that campaigns don't come naturally to them, and that instead of wasting a bunch of time and money on a campaign that nobody actually cares about anyway (like modern CoD does) they would focus on multiplayer.

~Manly
sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

Here's my battlelog.

I'd change my name to Hellsing but I can't remember the security answer and EA isn't answering, guess I'll have to wait a while ~ :c

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

Here are my BF 4 battlelog and stats. I'm have a blast with the game. Had a hard time playing it at first because I get simulator sickness but with time I got used to the game.

If you want to add me as a friend go right ahead. If you like Mission I accept all of them regardless if I play the class or not. I mainly enjoy Rush but play Conquest as well.

BF4 website My Soldier

BF4 Stats PC

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Since I'm bored, I'm just going to go ahead and post loadouts that I like to use in Bf3.

Assault Class

F2000- Kobra (RDS), foregrip, supressor
Side arm- M1911 S-TAC
Gadgets- Defibs, M320 Smoke
Specialization- Squad Ammo/ Frag

This loadout is great for stealth, especially on Metro. Not a whole lot of people check the subway escalators when they have the B flag so I sneak up behind them and rack up kills. This loadout can also help when you're spawn-trapped. It's the reason why I have M320 Smoke. I use it to lure the enemy towards it and flank around. I chose the F2000 because if it's power in close quarters. It could help with medium range if you have the recoil mastered, but med-long range is not this guns strength. Its design looks great as well.

Engineer Class

SG553- Reflex Sight, foregrip, laser sight
Side arm- 93r
Gadgets- RPG/SMAW, repair tool
Specialization- Squad Explosives/Ammo/Sprint

SG553 has almost little to no overall recoil. However, it does have some side-to-side recoil so the foregrip negates it. Laser sight helps boost its close range capabilities.

Support Class

M249- Holographic sight, bipod, extended mags
Side arm- G18
Gadgets- Ammo box, C4
Specialization- Squad Explosives/Suppression/flak

This loadout is lethal once you're set up with the bipod. With the bipod set, there's no recoil and you can pretty much spam down a narrow area of the map where most of the enemies come from. This is mostly useful in Rush because C4 will come in handy and you can place them on the M-COM. Flak helps when the enemies are spamming grenades at you.

Recon Class

M98B- sights will vary, bipod, laser sight
Side Arm- .44 Magnum
Gadgets- will vary, radio beacon (spawn beacon)
Specialization- Squad Suppression/Cover

I'm a very bad recon player and my shots aren't very accurate. Recon can have multiple playstyles. Long range, I use rifle scope 8x or ballistics 12x, then tugs so no one can sneak up on me. If I play aggressive recon, I use PKA 3.4x and XBOW.

Most of these are personal preference. I never look at charts or stats to see what attachments would be best suited for any weapon. I experiment around and use what fits me the most. Yep, I was bored.

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

I'm a very bad recon player and my shots aren't very accurate.

If you want a tip, don't change your scope magnification. Keep the same scope so you can get used to bullet drop, ADS time and sensitivity. Then your shot should be more accurate when you get &quotro" with a certain scope/sight.
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i only played battlefied 1942, bad company 2, bf3, and bf4 but i still think the series is awesome, considering downloading bf2 at some point. i love the DLC its the best DLC for any game i ever played, but imo bf cant be played alone or i will get WAY too bored

Showing 1-13 of 13