Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Why Isn't Anything On Netflix?

Posted Feb 28, '14 at 9:46pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Am I the only one noticing this? I've got Netflix, and often really want to watch nostalgic stuff, or otherwise recent stuff. I've checked for many things. Anything from Bill and Ted? Not there. The South Park regular TV show? Not there. Pretty much anything from Monty Python? Not there. Back to the Future series? Not there. The Star Wars Movies? Not there. The Simpsons? Not there.

I am stunned at this lack of content. They wonder why they don't get many subscribers for instant streaming? This is why. It's not just Netflix either. Apparently, out of Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime, and Netflix Instant, Netflix has the most content. I honestly doubt that many of the people who pirate movies and television wouldn't be if Netflix actually had some of these things. It's almost as if Netflix has some sort of personal vendetta against quality media. Of course, Netflix does have many good television shows and movies, like Doctor Who, Family Guy, The Walking Dead, etc. etc. Still, the fact that the things they don't have are major titles the many people want to watch startles me. I cannot fathom what is going on in the minds of the supervisors of Netflix.

Posted Feb 28, '14 at 11:50pm

CherryCoke360

CherryCoke360

415 posts

They used to have south park but they took it off. now i think they just have one of the movies.

Posted Mar 1, '14 at 3:31am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,150 posts

Yeah, it sucks.

They used to have MST3k episodes, but those disappeared a while ago.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Mar 1, '14 at 10:41am

TerminatorXM214

TerminatorXM214

236 posts

They have Problem Solverz, Sharknado, and Spaceballs.

I'm good with that.

Posted Mar 1, '14 at 1:24pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,150 posts

I have spaceballs on dvd, no idea what problem is, and i've already seen sharknado enough times.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Mar 1, '14 at 2:59pm

kingjac11

kingjac11

486 posts

If you want to watch something good on Netflix watch Archer...before that gets removed.

Posted Mar 1, '14 at 4:16pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,232 posts

The South Park regular TV show?

You do know that the creators put all the episodes online for free, right?

Posted Mar 2, '14 at 12:05am

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,534 posts

Knight

It isn't as though Netflix specifically wants some of these movies and shows and not others. They just can't always license everything while keeping the beloved monthly fee of $7.99. This video and the article that goes with it should provide a brief explanation as to why not every popular movie and TV show in the world is available for instant streaming.

Posted Mar 2, '14 at 10:23am

Crickster

Crickster

449 posts

I can't watch MLP on netflix unless i connect to america networks in order to watch them, and EQG is on british netflix meaning my sister saw the movie before the show. (and there's a lot of **** on both versions but british netflix is lacking too much)

Posted Mar 2, '14 at 12:21pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

It isn't as though Netflix specifically wants some of these movies and shows and not others. They just can't always license everything while keeping the beloved monthly fee of $7.99. This video and the article that goes with it should provide a brief explanation as to why not every popular movie and TV show in the world is available for instant streaming.

The video still doesn't explain why Netflix doesn't have The Simpsons, South Park, Star Wars, or Back To The Future.

Reply to Why Isn't Anything On Netflix?

You must be logged in to post a reply!