Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Why Isn't Anything On Netflix?

Posted Mar 2, '14 at 7:18pm

Ishtaron

Ishtaron

64 posts

Netflix shuffles their content a lot.  For a while MST3K was on there.  Then it wasn't.  Then it was again.  I've had series disappear while I'm halfway through watching them because I stopped to sleep for one night.  Why they don't have an on site list of what they're dropping and what they're bringing to streaming is the real question.  That would make it a lot easier to choose which shows to watch before they vanish.

Posted Mar 2, '14 at 10:50pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

The video still doesn't explain why Netflix doesn't have The Simpsons, South Park, Star Wars, or Back To The Future.

Direct quote from the video:

"We can't license everything and also maintain our low prices, so we look for the titles with the biggest viewership relative to the licensing cost."

I would imagine licensing major titles such as Star Wars and Back to the Future would be a bit on the pricy side. I'm sure there is a more detailed answer as to why Netflix does not own Star Wars, possibly having to do with Lucasfilm having been bought by Disney, but the price aspect would be the short answer.

Posted Mar 4, '14 at 3:39am

eliakith

eliakith

357 posts

This is the equivilent of asking why isn't minecraft on AG? The answer is simple. Cost/benefit analysis. Putting minecraft here would mean we need to generate a TON more ad revenue for the 1 game and still keep it free. Putting some random things on netflix would mean that a few more people would be attracted, but the cost wouldn't match the benefit.

Posted Mar 5, '14 at 1:11am

CherryCoke360

CherryCoke360

415 posts

You do know that the creators put all the episodes online for free, right?

If this is true, you will not see me for about three weeks.. xp

Posted Mar 5, '14 at 3:02am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,626 posts

If this is true, you will not see me for about three weeks.. xp

See you in about 3 weeks

Posted Mar 7, '14 at 8:16am

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,986 posts

The issue is not necessarily a lack of content, it's the licensing. Netflix has to get licenses in order to stream movies and tv shows. Plus, Netflix has a ton of awesome content. Dexter, breaking bad, Dr who, to name a few. Just open your eyes and look.

Posted Mar 8, '14 at 6:42am

CherryCoke360

CherryCoke360

415 posts

See you in about 3 weeks

You should not have done that! I have so much more I need to do with my life! xp

Posted Mar 17, '14 at 8:06pm

Drink

Drink

1,571 posts

netflix has more than i can ask for.

tons of horror movies

good old 90s cartoon network shows

and lots of anime

thats all i need

Reply to Why Isn't Anything On Netflix?

You must be logged in to post a reply!