Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

I'll do it Later

Posted Mar 2, '14 at 1:34am

daleks

daleks

3,235 posts

We have all said this, or some variant in our life time. Putting things off because we don't want to do them. So why do you put things off? What kind of things are you currently putting off right now as you read this thread and then formulate a response?

I for one am horrible at always putting things off. So far I have been putting off doing a paper that is due tomorrow, signing a few papers I need to do, and being productive in general. I don't know why I do it. It makes me more miserable because I know I still have to do it. I just make questionable decisions.

Posted Mar 2, '14 at 3:32am

Riptizoid101

Riptizoid101

3,349 posts

I would write a response, but I'll do it later.

Posted Mar 2, '14 at 11:20am

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,948 posts

Daleks your OP can basically be summed up in one word: Procrastination.

I would write more about it but not now.

Posted Mar 2, '14 at 8:46pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,077 posts

Knight

Wanted to reply yesterday, but in line with the threads spirit I did it today. ^^

I used to have this problem, now its the opposite, what with me rushing head first into my tasks, slamming at first notice into them even though the deadline is aeons away. I think I prefer my past laziness now I'm just stressed. :'(

Posted Mar 2, '14 at 8:53pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,427 posts

Ahhh procrastination... I remember always putting my work aside and doing it later, I still do but I always finish a good chunk of work before I procrastinate.
Also when you're running about 3 RPGs you always think, "Eh, I'll reply to that one later. I'll reply to this one instead."

Posted Mar 2, '14 at 10:11pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

I always say I'm going to procrastinate, but I never get around to it.

As big of a procrastinator as I used to be, I can't say I have enough deadlines in my life anymore to classify myself as one at this time. One of the perks of being a minimalist. I'm sure if I ever end up not being a hermit, I'll have more to deal with, but for now, I'll save that lifestyle for....later.

Posted Mar 2, '14 at 10:15pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,150 posts

So why do you put things off?

Your brain doesn't want to use unnecessary effort and likes it when things are easy. It lights up with endorphins when all the goodly nice things are performed.

Posted Mar 2, '14 at 10:24pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,633 posts

Your brain doesn't want to use unnecessary effort and likes it when things are easy. It lights up with endorphins when all the goodly nice things are performed.

Then why am I attempting to code a flash game, from scratch, with no experience, based on a few thin text tutorials, instead of reading flash cards for an upcoming test? This is way more difficult, more stressful and matters much less. o_0 or sleeping? I could be sleeping right now.

I'm a right-brain person, though. Art, creativity and imagination usually overrules math, reality and logic.

Posted Mar 2, '14 at 10:26pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,150 posts

Then why am I attempting to code a flash game, from scratch, with no experience, based on a few thin text tutorials, instead of reading flash cards for an upcoming test? This is way more difficult, more stressful and matters much less. o_0 or sleeping? I could be sleeping right now.

Cause your brain likes it. It's a "goodly, nice thing". This is more a hobby than a chore/work, yes?

Posted Mar 2, '14 at 11:28pm

daleks

daleks

3,235 posts

This is way more difficult, more stressful and matters much less. o_0 or sleeping?

You see it as something fun to do. Most likely if someone was over you forcing you to do it then you would not be wanting to do it. But you believe what you will learn from it is better and while it is hard you are enjoying doing it. Or in Frank's terms, it is a "goodly, nice thing" to you.

Reply to I'll do it Later

You must be logged in to post a reply!