ForumsArt, Music, and WritingI want to make a collab with writers

20 10300
LuisDeveloper
LuisDeveloper
1 posts
Nomad

Hello, I am a programmer and I would like to create a retro style (text based) RPG. At the moment I have an engine I could adapt to the game, but I need someone who could take care of the story and the text of each scene.

• 20 Replies
Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

Well, im could do some writing, but ask people like MattEmAngel, and blk to do some writing too

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Nurve would be a good choice, although I doubt he'd accept the position. Busy.

moon? Not sure how she is with prose.

Matt is used to RPG works, and is quite good with that.

I would but I'm lazy and frankly untrustworthy and my prose needs some work.

Sal? No. No no no. You would never get it done.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

pang, I think here it is a matter of who is willing to do it, rather than who is the best for the position.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I'm willing to give it a shot; I used to write a little in the past!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I was just listing off people that have the ability for the person to inquire to them :v

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I can write excellent gore things, so if it's a horror game with lots of people being dismembered, or if you're describing some sort of horrible monster, then I'm your person. I'm also good with average things, though I don't post my work on AG. But yes, I could help you. Especially if it's horror.

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

Sorry, fogot my writing "specailty". Im good with stories, and describing things in depth, and not afraid toget into gore and stuff like that.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Especially if it's horror.

*Shivers*

but I need someone who could take care of the story and the text of each scene.

What kind of story are you leaning towards? Is there a preference for what type of story you want? Is there a model for which you want the story to be based around?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Oh geez I feel bad D= How did I forget Storm?

If she were willing, she could be a good choice as well. Apt in fanfic, which could translate well into RPG.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Sal? No. No no no. You would never get it done.

You're right. I would end up revising the first 10 minutes of gameplay over and over for several weeks before being fired.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Oh geez I feel bad D= How did I forget Storm?

YES pANG HOW COULD YOU YOU EVIL SCUM *cries in the corner* I'm kidding it's okay.

You're right. I would end up revising the first 10 minutes of gameplay over and over for several weeks before being fired.

Or, the character would emerge into a bright and happy scene, the birds are singing, the grass is lush and fluffy, and the sun would just be beginning to sun.

Anyway, like I said earlier, I'd have to know what genre of game it will be before deciding if I'd be good at it.

Seconded.

So here you go, you have an entire arsenal of willing writers at your service, and all we need is elaboration. :3
Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

I agree with Storm. From what ive seen, sime of the people are AMAZING writers and could do alot for this.
Scary thought for me right now, im writing with other people, this might take a bit of getting used to
*walks away muttering to himself*

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

...So is this guy going to reply, or are we all here for nothing?

My money is on him being freaked out by our inside jokes and outright outlandishness.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

My money is on him being freaked out by our inside jokes and outright outlandishness.

Well, that's AG for you.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Nice. Just nice.

Just because I went to his profile, did some secret stuff, found his email, sent him harassing messages and found out where he lives to send him death threats...you assume I ran him off AG.

Just nice guys.

Showing 1-15 of 20