ForumsNews and FeedbackCombining Forums

80 22715
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Greetings all,

Many of our forums aren't as active as we'd all wish them to be, so lately we've been discussing combining forums. While I can't promise we can follow everybody's opinion or request on this matter, I think it's fair to ask you guys what you feel should be combined, and what shouldn't be combined. Here is some meat to get you started...

-We're talking about combining much of the "Gaming" forums, but not Forum Games.
-Possibly removing "Newcomers Forum" and putting that as a sticky instead.
-Combining Art/Programming into a creative forum.
-Bumping Tavern up to the top, general chat generally is.

• 80 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Merging the two, not switching.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

In the end i will also prefer to have the newcomers stay alone.
Throwing it into the Tavern... only if you rly think you have to combine it with another sub.

minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

I would prefer that Forum Games is on Tavern so we can talk about something and /or play something

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I mostly agree with Patrick on this...

-Combine Support and News/Suggestions

-Leave Newcomers where it is. It's like the new users own subforum to start bumbling around on and get their grips on how our forums work.
-Combine Flash Games and Quests. If possible, combine Walkthroughs there as well, but I'm not sure how well that would go.
-Leave the WEPR, Popular Media, Tavern, AMW, and Programming alone. I do not like the idea of throwing the AMW and Programming in together. They are two different ideas and while they may both be creative, I don't find anything similar between them. The Tavern is too massive and random to also have Popular Media in there as well.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I would prefer that Forum Games is on Tavern so we can talk about something and /or play something

No Forum Games needs to be in its own place. For a couple reasons
1) Tavern harbors discussion on miscellaneous topics. Forum Games is about either basically just goofing off and/or playing an RPG.
2) The general spam-esque existence most of the games in FG hold.
minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

In all forums there is spam conbining all would bring more spam to a forum than 2 combinated so for me its the same

minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

Im ok with first reason but 2nd one about spam it will happen in all combined or not combined forums , like always did , always there will be a spammer in all forums.
PS: i hate spammers -_-

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Newcomers should remain its own forum.

Actually I'm actually seeing the reason for it to stay as a forum. So no newcomer thread.

In all forums there is spam  conbining all would bring more spam to a forum than 2 combinated so for me its the same

There's a difference between spamming about a discussion that gives posts and spamming in a game that gives no posts.

Plus playing and discussion don't mix, especially in a forum. I guarantee all the discussion threads will be buried in a pile of Dames, Fames, Names, Games, Tames, Lames, Sames, and Mames.
eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

I think the layout works well as sometimes i want to talk about a walkthrough, sometimes how to earn this quest, which is better, why someone else is banned, how to say hai to someone, questions, suggestions, programming things, and last but not least, World Events And politics. I would suggest not merging.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

MMO: I would leave this forum alone since MMOs are way different from normal flash games.

What if, instead of having Flash Games and MMOs, you had one section just for games available on Armor Games?
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

How I think it should be:

Tavern
I would say it isn't a bad idea to put it at the top. It has the most general substance, after all. I would also say combining it with popular media and programming wouldn't be a bad idea either...

Support
If you aren't coming to the Forums for fun, you're coming for help. We don't need a separate news forum because, frankly, support and news go hand-in-hand.

Games
Most of the games forums are dead, and AG is games, so it would probably be a good idea to merge all of them together.

AMW
I think the AMW is good by itself.

WEPR
Current place and format is probably good.

Tried keeping it short, so ask any questions you may have.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Shoot, forgot to say that Forum Games should be put at the bottom. Most of it is nonsense after all. :P

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I would also say combining it with popular media and programming wouldn't be a bad idea either...

Why do you think this is a good idea? That's a whole lot of senseless clutter.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Why do you think this is a good idea? That's a whole lot of senseless clutter.

It's all general info. Programming is dead so that probably wouldn't do too much, and there are media topics in the Tavern as well as popular media.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Could somebody explain to me why AMV shouldn't be in tavern?

AMW is user-created work like poetry and art while Tavern is general. They have as much in common as the WEPR and Flash Games, in my opinion.
Showing 16-30 of 80