ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Gemcraft Ch1 progress lost!

4 17342
pacegather
pacegather
3 posts
Nomad

I reset my browser (Chrome) and now I cannot find my saved progress on Gemcraft Ch.1 game for loading. Is it not supposed to be saved in the server under my account? I was at level 38.

• 4 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

When you meant Chapter 1, did you mean the original game? (The Forgotten) Cause if I'm not wrong, that is saved unto your computer. Come to think of it, Gemcraft 0 and Labyrinth also saves onto your computer I think. So there should be local save files, and not a server save.

Anyway, perhaps you could check if your save files are still on your computer using the below path. It should be a .sol or .swf file.

C:\\Users\\UserName\\AppData\\Local\\Google\\Chrome\\User Data\\Default\\Pepper Data\\Shockwave Flash\\WritableRoot\\#SharedObjects\\RandomString\\cache.armorgames.com

I think the the saves work by identifying your local save files, and then attempting to connect to the AG servers (Or other sites' servers if you played on other sites the game is hosted, like Kong). If you can't find your local save files, then I don't think you can recover the game sadly.

However, if you still have the local save files, then it might be a problem with your network being unable to connect to AG's service (services.armorgames.com). I found this from an old thread, not sure if still works.

Try accessing this link: https://services.armorgames.com/services/rest/v1/

It should say " Welcome, you have found the RESTful version of our AGI."

If you don't get anything like that, your network isn't connecting to AG's services and you would not be able to save/load games. Then I guess you should contact the admins, try @boppins or @Ferret.

Hope that helps!

pacegather
pacegather
3 posts
Nomad

Its Gemcraft, The Forgotten. I checked the game site and it says its saved in the computer. I also checked the save files as nichodemus said. I found two .sol flies there. One for preferences and one for saving. I guess when I reset Chrome the save file was reset as well? Coz i can access the message you spoke about ( " Welcome, you have found the RESTful version of our AGI.&quot.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I guess when I reset Chrome the save file was reset as well?

That sounds like a likely explanation yes; although I'm not sure if it should have been.

You've been getting along fine with your savegames since then?
pacegather
pacegather
3 posts
Nomad

I started afresh. I have backed up the savegames file in another folder. In the event of another mishap I assume I should be able to replace the chrome file with my backup. Thanks for the ideas guys.

Showing 1-4 of 4