ForumsWEPRSchools to make us or Grade us?

48 23110
74 posts
Peasant

We all have a school life didn't we? Doesn't we all are said "You are reading in the best school........."
but there we are tortured at the point to lose our Self-Confidence by just being Grade as fool's?
Is School to make us a Good personality or grade us?
If a school's said to be a place to worship,a temple so why does that temple cost's us?
It's practical why Does only big people with big money are successful?
why poor people are even not let in the school?

• 48 Replies
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

a mug is a type of cup, 19912

Also, in english slang, a gullible person. To "mug up" also means cramming before an exam or suchlike. I think the term he is searching for is "**** (Alternative short name for rooster) up".
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Were you just being deliberately harsh, or did you really not stop for two seconds to consider that "mug" was slang?

I suspected it was some form of slang, or at least a miswording/mistranslation of it. I really don't care what he is trying to argue at this point, as he is arguing with the wrong person for the wrong reason in the wrong context and the wrong thread. That is all I am trying to address here.
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

i never blamed Asian countries i am just saying that the schools are now killing creativity and just focusing on Grades...

Because it's all about the bottom line, and how funding can vary based on performance on standardized tests. In short, schools want as much money as they can get, so they tend to cut funding for electives--especially art and other non-core subjects-- so more money can go towards the core departments (math, science, language arts[English/relevant language]). Creativity IS important, but what's more important to an administrator is that little Jimmy performs well on the test so the school is rewarded with more funding, not that little Jimmy is a phenomenal artist or shows other creative potential. There is no standardized test for creativity, there are X number of questions with only Y choices per question.

now i only want to post this link for you all. (well... for those that like to educate themselves.) at some point in your life when your done with school and you need to get a job. you all will wish that you were back in school. i know it sounds cliche, i didn't believe it either, cause i hated school. but it's true, and you all will find out.

That's church, yo.

The school is to educate you. As all workplaces, efficiency has to be counted, therefor grades were invented. Above grades of course stands the usefulness of the study in the grown-up life.

Efficiency is good, but the way it is enforced is not good, in my opinion

Schools are not made to form your personality. That's the job of your parents and people in general. A good school of course cares for your behaviour as you spend a lot of time there,and even better schools educate you on the principles of ethics (what is a science, therefor doesn not recognise good or evil).

Pfft as long as the pupils aren't burning down the property or doing something that might wind up on the news (i.e bullying, drugs), all the schools I've been to pretend they care about behaviour and moulding you into an outstanding citizen, but they really don't.
Has anyone had an experience where a school actually made a serious effort to educate students on ethics, or make them better socially?

I assume you refer to the phrase here "schools are temple of knowledge". Well, that's just a figure of speech, invented at the very down of Separation of State and Church.

The OP is from India, not the US where separation of church and state is prominent.

Bigger salary, bigger chances, easier ways. But nothing is guaranteed. A lazy, dumb, or simply unfortunate rich can go bankrupt, while a poor guy with a good idea (think of Microsoft, or Facebook) can go successful.

Rich families generally have more resources and time to invest in their children's development, which is a whole different discussion, but basically 'rich' kids tend to have a headstart on the not 'rich' kids.
Wealthy areas also tend to have better school systems than less wealthy areas, and wealthy kids tend to do better in school, which means more funding... The inverse is also true, so a gap grows between the 'good' and the 'bad'.

It's like starting a discussion over the contents of Thai food in Thailand when all I've ever eaten is Western steakhouse food in America. Yes, they are both food, but it's impossible for one to provide an accurate opinion on the other, especially with proof.

But from what he has said, the Western and Indian school systems do seem somewhat similar.

Again: education costs money. If a state is so poor it can't afford free basic education, than it has to compromise.

Educated people also make more taxable income and are less likely to go to state-funded prisons.
Showing 46-48 of 48