ForumsWEPRSchools to make us or Grade us?

48 23111
74 posts
Peasant

We all have a school life didn't we? Doesn't we all are said "You are reading in the best school........."
but there we are tortured at the point to lose our Self-Confidence by just being Grade as fool's?
Is School to make us a Good personality or grade us?
If a school's said to be a place to worship,a temple so why does that temple cost's us?
It's practical why Does only big people with big money are successful?
why poor people are even not let in the school?

• 48 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

No we are not but we are pushed in this horse race......

Well, that was what I was going on about earlier, so I'm not too certain where you're getting at?
R1a2z3e4
R1a2z3e4
116 posts
Shepherd

In today's date students are also not very good but some are.

@19912, should I assume that you received a poor grade and are now trying to console yourself by pinning the blame on the education system?

Well, he is one of the very good students in our class.
74 posts
Peasant

thanx for your help raze but it is not the point isn't the study system underestimating us? Isn't it just asking us to mug up cause we font have capacity to learn?

74 posts
Peasant

Are really schools good?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I would say an education system is indeed necessary in this world, yes. I would also say that they are "good" enough to meet the standards asked.

74 posts
Peasant

good

Wrong. That is exactly what you did. Do not attempt to deny it.

Realy?
have you seen the education in India?
You cannot say anything without proof.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

[quote]Wrong. That is exactly what you did. Do not attempt to deny it.

Realy?
have you seen the education in India?
You cannot say anything without proof.[/quote]
That statement is from a different thread...
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

This would have to be the most ridiculous case of quoting out of context that I have ever witnessed.

74 posts
Peasant

This would have to be the most ridiculous case of quoting out of context that I have ever witnessed

umm this is what get to cheating.....
see the topic is that the education system is just asking us to mug up but think of it as if a doctor mug's up so,
if a engineer mugs up so,
the things just go wrong
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

umm this is what get to cheating.....
see the topic is that the education system is just asking us to mug up but think of it as if a doctor mug's up so,
if a engineer mugs up so,
the things just go wrong

Do you understand the meaning of the word "context"? Do you understand the meaning of the word "mug"? Do you understand the difference between this discussion and the one you quoted from?
74 posts
Peasant

Do you understand the meaning of the word "context"? Do you understand the meaning of the word "mug"? Do you understand the difference between this discussion and the one you quoted from?

yes totally and thats why i said it...
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Okay. So, to sum up your statements, you are saying that the topic is that the education system is just asking us to usually cylindrical drinking cup with a handle up, and you are admitting to having quoted me out of context in attempting to prove a completely unrelated point.

74 posts
Peasant

?????????

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

a mug is a type of cup, 19912

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

Is School to make us a Good personality or grade us?

The school is to educate you. As all workplaces, efficiency has to be counted, therefor grades were invented. Above grades of course stands the usefulness of the study in the grown-up life.
Schools are not made to form your personality. That's the job of your parents and people in general. A good school of course cares for your behaviour as you spend a lot of time there,and even better schools educate you on the principles of ethics (what is a science, therefor doesn not recognise good or evil).

If a school's said to be a place to worship,a temple so why does that temple cost's us?

I assume you refer to the phrase here "schools are temple of knowledge". Well, that's just a figure of speech, invented at the very down of Separation of State and Church.
But to give an answer: schools are not free to uphold. They have expenses. In a "western" society the state has enough money to provide the minimal resources for free for those who really need, and you do not have to pay for the straight-out education, but you'll be encouraged to buy at least minimal-quality stuff for pen(cil), notebooks, and books what you can handle however you want. This system ease the taxes, limits the time people spend in the education-system before going to work, and educates a little financially.

It's practical why Does only big people with big money are successful?

Bigger salary, bigger chances, easier ways. But nothing is guaranteed. A lazy, dumb, or simply unfortunate rich can go bankrupt, while a poor guy with a good idea (think of Microsoft, or Facebook) can go successful.

why poor people are even not let in the school?

Again: education costs money. If a state is so poor it can't afford free basic education, than it has to compromise.
All state though as soon as possible makes basic education absolutely free for everyone because that way people with talent can be discovered, placed to works matching their talent, and on other field they remain healthier by not doing dumb things (eg. they learn to wash hands!), and have higher moral for the hope that they at least have the chance to be rich one day.
Showing 31-45 of 48