ForumsWEPRBlack or white...is there any difference?

54 9242
hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,089 posts
Nomad

In today's world people aren't seeing more than the skin's color or the religion!!! Before doing that we should all remember that we are all humans and the color,religion,etc it´s just superficial and tat we are more than that!!! Maybe some people should think about it before picking on the only black boy at schooll!!!

• 54 Replies
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

what is the point of this post? what are you asking? it seems a little too vague is it just for being bullied at skl or the wider issue? And at my skl u were more likely to b bulied 4 bein the only white guy at skl so does it work both ways?

Mac_MK
Mac_MK
752 posts
Nomad

There's 2 difference that people see between black and white and I don't think the world is about to change or be any different even if you want it its always been like this racist and war, people even kill each other even if they are white maybe they want others land or hate each other because 2 different nations.

d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

We should always remember that as long as there are different colored humans, someone will think they are superior to the other colors. When they see a lot of people around them that are the same color, they see them as brothers and sisters, but when they see someone different they dont like it. Humans cant accept each other.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Controversial but true: The averages of various measurable attributes across different ethnicities and races actually do differ. This includes things like muscle mass and 'intelligence'.

This is not grounds for racism: We must remember that those attributes are valued, not constitute value in themselves, so there's no link to supposing that any race is inherently superior than others because of this.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I have heard that too Strop but people will always use it in a bad way. I heard that black people such as myelf have slightly different tendons in their legs which enables them to run faster. However people will use this to come out with racist jokes like why ae all black people fast cos the slow ones are in prison. As long as people are different then there ill always be some people who dont like certain groups. It is human nature and yet in this da and age tat is not an excuse for that type of behaviour. I think these differences in attributes are good because people should be proud to be different not abused for it. That type of social darwinism where different races of humans are ranked is dangerous as it can lead to dangerous thinking. Hitler belived in it and it is one of the reasons he wanted to exterminate the Jews as he thought they were inherently inferior.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I heard a comedian say the other day:

"Black people are some of the fastest people in the world, except for when they encounter a street. They will walk slower than a sloth in a crosswalk."

I thought that was pretty funny.

But woody and Strop have it right on. It is human nature to see such differences in other races, it is just the extent to which we use those notions.

AaronM
AaronM
120 posts
Nomad

Well who cares about our color?Its really what's inside you that counts.Right?All it really is our skin color who cares some are pale and some are tan.Some or black and some or white.I actually don't care about color.

Xanatu
Xanatu
139 posts
Nomad

I don't really care if someone is black or white,it doesn't really matter to me.Maybe the reason for this is that dad is black and my mom is white,I don't know,but it shouldn't make a difference to anyone else.What matters is on the inside (i'm sounding like mr.rogers here)

Eric_Cartman
Eric_Cartman
100 posts
Nomad

Skin colour is linked to your genes. Religion is linked to your mind so if you believe that the world will end in 3+4 years from a rapture, you really need a reality check.

thegreatgammersback
thegreatgammersback
22 posts
Blacksmith

WHITE POWER!!!

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

^^If you are going to post in this forum, at least be serious, thanks!

Well, the question that stands, is, Is there a difference between black and white people? Well physically, yes. Black people almost always have black hair, brown eyes, bigger lips, (Not totally sure on that one) etc. White people are diverse because of all of the melting of different white cultures.

Now phsycologically, there is no huge differences that come to mind. It is in human nature to think differently of different colors. It's just how it is in recent society. So to me, there is no difference except in appearance.

kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

WHAT???? thegreatgamesback, what are you saying. see this is what i hate about a lot about people. like ive been told by many people when i was in school, Asian power!! i hate it when they say that. and then they pick on me and discriminate me from my race, Egyptian. we live in a kinda ghetto place and they live about 3 miles from our neighborhood. they were rich and pick on me so much. but now the other "africans" heard what they were saying and make fun of their race. you see that every thing revolves around race. that gets me mad. and it all starts with saying like this race is better. i hang out with a lot of "africans because i live in a place were there are a lot of them. i see them as regular people. but when we go in other neighborhoods, they look at us, expecting us to steal or something!! this is what also gets us mad!!!!!!!!!

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

You must also keep in mind, alot of these "first impressions," are off of stereotypes. THe stereotype for black people are usually criminals, asians are brainiacs, spanish people are illegal or criminals and white people are snobs.

Stereotypes are NEVER to be used to judge an entire race. Those stated above are not 100% true. There are white criminals, black brainiacs, etc.

Mac_MK
Mac_MK
752 posts
Nomad

Estel almost anyone could be or do those things not every person that's born will be the same as their parents or brothers and sisters everyone has different things in their mind what to do and they have a choice to make it happen

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

^^You obviously don't understand what I said. I said those were the stereotypes for those races. Stereotypes are mental models that influence the way in which we perceive others and the world.
[url]http://racerelations.about.com/od/stereotypesmentalmodels/Stereotypes_and_Mental_Models_about_Race.htm[/url]
I was just stating what the sterotypes were, and I also said that they aren't true! Please understand a post before making false accusations......

Showing 1-15 of 54