ForumsForum GamesParahumans

29 8671
anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

The year is 2010, and the world is a world of parahumans. There aren't that many, only one for every fifteen thousand regulars, but that's still a lot. Some look just like us while some even the blind and deaf know aren't human. It appears just about everything can be a power, but for some reason most powers cannot affect life. Except for the powers specifically targeted toward life, of course. Some parahumans have used their power to become villains, and some have become heroes. What you will become is up to you.

This is single player, since games with multiple players are too difficult to manage for me.

CS:
Name: (Your real name.)
Gender: (Male, female, or maybe something else depending on your power.)
Bio: (Your history and key aspects of personality.)
Appearance: (What you look like.)
-------
Code Name: (Your secret identity, what the media calls you.)
Costume Design: (Remember, since your a starting parahuman, you don't have a very good costume yet probably.)
Power: (What your power actually does. Only one to start. It'll start off weak and slowly grow stronger as you go along.)
Team: N/A (You may join a team later on.)
Fame: 0 (Negative numbers are for infamy, which does have up sides, and positive numbers are for positive publicity, which does have down sides.)
------
Stats: (Distribute 20 points.)
Power: 10(In this case how much raw might do you have.)
Energy: 10/10 (Your stamina when it comes to using your power. Automatically used power, like regenerating or invulnerability, automatically use energy and will stop working when you have no energy left.)
Health: 10/10(How much of a hit you can take.)
Stamina: 10/10(How long you can keep on going. Will also lower if you don't eat or drink.)
Level: 1 (Five stat points upon level up.)
EXP: 0/10
---------
Items: Nothing (What you have on you.)
Inventory: Nothing (What you own that you don't have on your person. Includes property and assets.)
Money: $400 (U.S dollars. It may seem like a lot, but it's your regular human living expense too.)

Based loosely off of

• 29 Replies
StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name: Krista Keket
Bio: Krista was born in America. She has both Japanese and Egyptian blood in her. Her parents work in Yellowstone park and she has a twin brother who, like her, just graduated from high school. Krista has worked hard to hide her power but not her love for wolves, video games, or anime. This explains why the only person, that knows about her power, is her twin. Now that everyone knows about people having powers she chooses to put her power to work but is still unsure as to what road to take. That of a hero or of a vigilante. Being a villain is out of the question cause it isn't in her nature to be bad.
Appearance: Krista has short black hair and hazel eyes. Her skin is a light tan. She is 6'4" and has an average wight for that height. Unless she is cos playing you can find her in a pair of jeans and a tee. She also normally has a red purse that can go on her back like a backpack.
-------
Code Name: Ookami Tejina
Costume Design: My costume is a black ninja outfit with a hood, a maroon cloak, and a red and white mask that is in the shape of a wolf's head.
Power: can summon and control elemental wolves(5 energy per wolf, 1 energy for every two min a wolf stays summoned)
Team: N/A
Fame: 0
------
Stats: (0 points.)
Power: 15
Energy: 5/15
Health: 15/15
Stamina: 15/15
---------
Items: cellphone, wallet, red 3DS, deck of magic cards, silver Game Boy Advance SP with Monster Rancher Advance 2 in it, and a DS game case(4/6 games in case)
Inventory: a small one room apartment not far from Yellowstone park
Money: $400 (U.S dollars)

"Don't hunt during the wrong season and I won't kill you or turn you in" I say thinking that losing a couple of fingers is more then enough to pay for his crime. When it comes down to it I don't have a reason to kill the person or the guts but I won't let him know that. "By the way if anyone ask about my name, it's Ookami Tejina." I say thinking that it will help, with getting a reputation, if the hunter knows my name or at least my code name.

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

Name: Shadow Jackson
Bio: I used to live in New York till everyone found out we existed, now I find my self with a choice, whether to be a hero, a villain or a vigilante. I know one thing though, I'll be making enemies. Great, just perfect.
Appearance: Brown hair, and eyes, white skin, about 5 foot 6, and about 150 ipounds, in normal form he wears a navy blue long sleeve shirt with the Seahawks logo on it with Seahawks on the left sleeve, blue jeans, Reebok runtones black.
-------
Code Name: Shift knight
Costume Design: None (comes from powers)
Power: Shape shifting,Forms: A knight in a grayish black suit of armor with a wolf and raven in his coat-of-arms, A wolf (very vulnerable) the wolf's fur is the same color so my knights armor.
Fame: 2
------
Stats:
Power: 13
Energy: 10/15
Health: 20/20
Stamina: 12/12
Level: 1
EXP: 5/10
---------
Items: Samsung Galaxy S3
Inventory: Small New York apartment, Seattle Apartment.
Money: $400

*You got 5 EXP and 2+ to fame.*
The man thanks you and calls 911. Soon, the police get here and arrest the man. One of the cops recommend you try out for the government funded superhero team. You've heard about it on the news, it seems like the government has set up a program where they hire superpowered people to fight supervillains and regular criminals. The pay depends on how well you do on jobs, starting at just ten dollars a day to be ready to fight and can quickly rise if you take down supervillains and criminals. Vigilantism is strictly prohibited though, and you'd have to go when and where they want you to.

Bio: Krista was born in America. She has both Japanese and Egyptian blood in her. Her parents work in Yellowstone park and she has a twin brother who, like her, just graduated from high school. Krista has worked hard to hide her power but not her love for wolves, video games, or anime. This explains why the only person, that knows about her power, is her twin. Now that everyone knows about people having powers she chooses to put her power to work but is still unsure as to what road to take. That of a hero or of a vigilante. Being a villain is out of the question cause it isn't in her nature to be bad.
Appearance: Krista has short black hair and hazel eyes. Her skin is a light tan. She is 6'4" and has an average wight for that height. Unless she is cos playing you can find her in a pair of jeans and a tee. She also normally has a red purse that can go on her back like a backpack.
-------
Costume Design: My costume is a black ninja outfit with a hood, a maroon cloak, and a red and white mask that is in the shape of a wolf's head.
Power: can summon and control elemental wolves(5 energy per wolf, 1 energy for every two min a wolf stays summoned)
Fame: -2
------
---------
Items: cellphone, wallet, red 3DS, deck of magic cards, silver Game Boy Advance SP with Monster Rancher Advance 2 in it, and a DS game case(4/6 games in case)

*You got 5 EXP and -2 fame.*
The man starts grovelling, promising to never hunt during the wrong season, and you let him leave to bandage his fingers. You then go back to your apartment to watch some TV, and notice on the news some info about a government funded program where they hire superpowered people to fight supervillains and regular criminals. The pay depends on how well you do on jobs, starting at just ten dollars a day to be ready to fight and can quickly rise if you take down supervillains and criminals. Vigilantism is strictly prohibited though, and you'd have to go when and where they want you to. After flipping around a bit, you notice the man you fought earlier today was on the news. Apparently he was claiming you randomly attacked him and tore two fingers off when he was just walking around in Yellowstone. He's a bad liar and few people will probably believe him, but it's still a hit to your reputation. Nothing you cannot recover from though.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

-------
------
---------

Since I am now home I have released the wolves from my summons and will hopefully not have to summon more before I regain some energy. The add for the team has my interest but I think I will clash too often with the government to join. However I do write down the name of the team and y to find out the info needed to make them an ally.

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

-------
------
---------

The team is called The Protectorate, and at the time it appears they are unwilling to ally with any other non-government person(s). It appears though that they are to go through many changes with rules and organization though, since laws on how to use superpowers are still being created. They are essentially an elite police team though, meant to be able to fight supervillains that the police can't handle. They also fight regular criminals inbetween supervillains. They probably won't bother you though as long as you don't get in their way.

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

Bio: I used to live in New York till everyone found out we existed, now I find my self with a choice, whether to be a hero, a villain or a vigilante. I know one thing though, I'll be making enemies. Great, just perfect.
Appearance: Brown hair, and eyes, white skin, about 5 foot 6, and about 150 ipounds, in normal form he wears a navy blue long sleeve shirt with the Seahawks logo on it with Seahawks on the left sleeve, blue jeans, Reebok runtones black.
-------
Power: Shape shifting,Forms: A knight in a grayish black suit of armor with a wolf and raven in his coat-of-arms, A wolf (very vulnerable) the wolf's fur is the same color so my knights armor.
------
Stats:
---------

The offer was interesting, but not being able to do anything when I wanted did also rise a little disinterest. I tell the officer I'd think about it. I also remember I did owe the government a favor for relocating me from Big Apple to the Emerald City. But for now I head back into the shadows return to normal and finish my shop then go home.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

-------
------
---------

I make sure I have all of the info before doing some things on my computer and check my work schedule.

OOC: You can make my job whatever you want but I would love to work at Yellowstone park.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Name: Vincenzo "Vince" Ricci
Bio: Vincenzo Ricci is a full-blooded Sicilian, coming to the land of opportunity with his family at the age of 6. At the age of 16, he was exposed to the American-Italian Mafias. After assisting a Made Man by bringing his package to the Don while he was indisposed, the Gambino family accepted him as an Associate. (The most numerous, non-Made member of the family) At age 24, Vince reached the rank of Capo, and was dangerously close to reaching Underboss. Some members of the family saw this as a problem, and promptly put a few bullets in Vince's back while he was on a blind date set up by one of the perpetrators at an Italian restaurant. He survived under the watchful eye of the police. When he woke, he refused to break the Omerta, despite the Gambino family's betrayal. The police were unable to pin a charge on him before, and with him being the victim this time around, they were forced to release him. Since then, he's vowed revenge if he ever has the chance to exact it.
Appearance: Pale skin, blue eyes, black hair, clean-shaven, 5'9, black fedora with red band around base, black trenchcoat, black smart shoes, black suit with red tie.
-------
Code Name: Damocles
Costume Design: Damocles mask. http://vt.showyou.com/y:xxDtKNN0Wtc.480x360.jpg
Power: Eagle Vision. The ability to detect life-forms through thermal energy and, depending on what color they show up as, learn their intentions in relation to Vince.
------
Power: 10/10
Energy: 10/10
Health: 10/10
Stamina: 10/10
---------
Items: Nothing
Inventory: Nothing

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Well, that link didn't work. It's Marius's mask from Ryse: Son of Rome, if that helps.

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

-------
------
Stats:
---------
Money: $395

You go into a costume shop and buy a cheap black mask for $5. You have the receipt and can return whenever you want, as long as it's not broken. You go back to your home and check the news, on which you see some more about The Protectorate. It appears they got a couple big name superheroes, the strongest parahumans you've heard of, to join. One is Legend, a superhero who can fly at speeds faster than sound and can shoot lasers from any part of his body with varying power from that of a bee sting to lethal. The other is Lunar Knight, a superhero who gets much, much faster, stronger, and smarter from moonlight and can keep it into the day. It's unknown why moonlight and not sunlight, since moonlight is just reflected sunlight, but then there's a lot of unknowns when it comes to superpowers. You also see that a lot of superheroes actually seem to be patrolling their city, some by flying, some by jumping across rooftops, and some by just jogging around.

-------
------
---------

Your job is as a nature guide for yellowstone, and you do the weekday evening shifts. It's saturday night right now, so you have some time off. You check the news for some more about the Protectorate. It appears they got a couple big name superheroes, the strongest parahumans you've heard of, to join. One is Legend, a superhero who can fly at speeds faster than sound and can shoot lasers from any part of his body with varying power from that of a bee sting to lethal. The other is Lunar Knight, a superhero who gets much, much faster, stronger, and smarter from moonlight, and can keep the energy into the day. It's unknown why moonlight and not sunlight, since moonlight is just reflected sunlight, but then there's a lot of unknowns when it comes to superpowers. You also see that a lot of superheroes actually seem to be patrolling their city, some by flying, some by jumping across rooftops, and some by just jogging around.

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

Bio: Vincenzo Ricci is a full-blooded Sicilian, coming to the land of opportunity with his family at the age of 6. At the age of 16, he was exposed to the American-Italian Mafias. After assisting a Made Man by bringing his package to the Don while he was indisposed, the Gambino family accepted him as an Associate. (The most numerous, non-Made member of the family) At age 24, Vince reached the rank of Capo, and was dangerously close to reaching Underboss. Some members of the family saw this as a problem, and promptly put a few bullets in Vince's back while he was on a blind date set up by one of the perpetrators at an Italian restaurant. He survived under the watchful eye of the police. When he woke, he refused to break the Omerta, despite the Gambino family's betrayal. The police were unable to pin a charge on him before, and with him being the victim this time around, they were forced to release him. Since then, he's vowed revenge if he ever has the chance to exact it.
Appearance: Pale skin, blue eyes, black hair, clean-shaven, 5'9, black fedora with red band around base, black trenchcoat, black smart shoes, black suit with red tie.
-------
Costume Design: Damocles mask. http://vt.showyou.com/y:xxDtKNN0Wtc.480 â¦
Power: Eagle Vision. The ability to detect life-forms through thermal energy and, depending on what color they show up as, learn their intentions in relation to Vince.
------
Power: 10/10
Health: 10/10
Stamina: 10/10
---------

*You have twenty stat points to distribute.*

You were walking down the street, looking around for an apartment to live in now that you're not sure of the safety of your old home, when you notice a mugging happening. You've heard how a lot of other people with superpowers become superheroes or villains, and this could be your chance to break into the scene by helping or mugging the mugger and leaving the victim, or however else you want to play it.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

-------
Costume Design: Damocles mask.
------
Stats:
Power: 20/20
---------

How much we talkin' in that wallet? Wait, no, that's not right.

I sneak up as close to the mugger as possible. When I feel I can take control of the situation, I wrap my arms under and around his arms and jerk him away from the victim. In the process, I'll take us both down to the ground with myself on top of him. After I take him down, I place my hand not holding the knife arm on the area in between the mugger's shoulder blades and (hopefully) keep him on the ground long enough to place my knee on his back. After securing him in this fashion, I wrench the knife from him.

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

-------
------
Stats:
---------
Money: $395

I would like to keep an eye on the city now that I live here. I would also give me a chance to stretch the old wolf legs. So I decide to call the government non emergency phone number and ask them how I (shift knight) can join the Protectorate.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

-------
------
---------

Since I have some free time I will go on patrol after memorizing the names and descriptions of the current known supper heroes.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

Name: Jack
Bio: Used to hide from public,but then the humans know we exist...
Appearance: (when human: )The average white person,often seen wearing blue jeans and a white shirt w/orange sneakers.Blue eyes. (when dragonRed scales with blue stripes.tail 5 @ 1/2 meters long.
-------
Code Name: The dragon's soul
Costume Design: wears a black cloak,but only when stuck in dragon form.
Power: (dragon's soul can turn into a early adoclent dragon
------
Stats:
Energy: 15/15
---------
Items: Sharp knife (for self defense for when i don't wanna transform),cellphone.
Inventory: small apartment room

I stay humman,due to the fact that suspicion would rise if i changed.
Instead,i pretend to search for my wallet but grab my thife instead,and when he least suspects it,STAB HIM.

Showing 16-29 of 29