ForumsNews and FeedbackNew Rating System

57 21545
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I noticed a new rating system in ShellShock Live 2. Here's a screenshot:

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee400/Patrick2011b/Images%20for%20Armor%20Games/NewRatingSystem_zpsc2a243d1.png

It looks like the x/10 rating system no longer applies, but there is only a up or down vote with a big number in the middle currently corresponding to the average rating in the previous system.

• 57 Replies
lucylund
lucylund
2 posts
Peasant

Well R2D2, please watch your tone. Overreact much? is actually overreacting from your side and terrible manners.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Well R2D2, please watch your tone.

I was watching my tone. I was just telling you that you were overreacting.

Overreact much? is actually overreacting from your side and terrible manners.

What? No it isn't. Me telling you that you're overreacting about you're raging about the rating system being comparable to Facebook's is not overreacting. In fact, I reacted in a perfectly normal manner.
Napol
Napol
21 posts
Jester

In the old system I was tend to give the game "0" points if I dislike it (almost always for subjective reasons) but when I like a game I was giving between 7-9 (as far as I recall I didn't give any single game a 10) when I find the game mediocree like between 4-7 I wasn't giving any points. So I think new system is better but it can be even better if it adopt's the Steam's system for reviews it is only one step back from how Steam does it. (Sorry for my english by the way)

Zavvnao
Zavvnao
1 posts
Nomad

I want someone to get revenge on these greedy companies and make them beg forgiveness from the community.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I want someone to get revenge on these greedy companies

What companies are you talking about? This is about the rating system on this site, put in place by the developers of this site, for members of this site.
stani
stani
3 posts
Peasant

i klick "like" if i think the game is underrated or "dislike" if i think the game is overrated ... to influence the monkey system. i would reather like to vote like my opinion really is. i liked the old rating system.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Please see our previous posts about this, it's fairly simple. Nobody votes 2-6. Everybody voted either 1, or 7-10. This made it unfairly weighted to the negative, mainly because people just wanted to drag a rating down. Now you can't as easily, and we're seeing much more fair ratings.

Gladiator246
Gladiator246
363 posts
Scribe

This system is great.Ferret don't think this system is bad because of the sayings of other users.This is perfectly all right and awesome.I didn't mean to be offensive.By the way Ferret you are so great!

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Gladiator246 Thanks. You are too.

MerlinCross
MerlinCross
56 posts
Nomad

And yet the MMOs are just as easily able to flood "Like" as they were "10" under the old system.

Another problem is how gamers veiw the scoring system. 1 is 'the worst game evar! While 7 is bad, 8 is meh, 9 is good, and 10 is great. Have to change this "hate out of ten" mentality that seems to be everywhere..

Seashark001
Seashark001
613 posts
Nomad

Maybe you could do it like they rate dives in the Olympics!

In the Olympics, all the judges rate dives, but they remove the top scores and the lowest scores to ensure no favoritism/unfair criticism is involved in the judging. Maybe that could be utilized in game rating.

stani
stani
3 posts
Peasant

there is more than like or dislike. i red the previous posts and this new system ist stupid. if there is no new game rated 1-6 its because armorgames doesnt publish cr4p-games! changing the system is like an own goal! sorry

Showing 46-57 of 57