ForumsPopular MediaGP Formula One - Season 2014

112 51021
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Yep, it's next week! The Australian Grand Prix is almost there!
There are so many changes this year. Felipe Massa might actually win the championship if things remains the same but we know from experience that it won't.

Read more here:
http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2014/3/15534.html

I can't wait for the season to start! xD

• 112 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I actually thought there was something wrong with the audio when I watched the review!! (You need to know it was the first time I heard the new engines, so...) I only discovered it was the actual new sound of the F1 engines after a while! What a dissapointment... =/

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I suspect, that as the F1 season is so long, red bull will fix vettel's car in time for him to cruise to an easy victory.

If they want to make F1 interesting, why don't they just split it into two tiers with the better teams on one ace, and the worse teams on another?

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Because if they would do this, the audience will tune out when the second tier consisting of the lesser teams is up for racing... people are predictable this way. =P

The problem is that all of the charming aspects of the sport are killed, which leads to a sport that is stripped of its strong points and is left to being nothing but a hollow shell with former glory. Heck, even the small sports cars racing have more excitement to watch, simply because of the crashes, overtaking and sheer 'will to win' from the drivers showing. =)

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Mercedes won again. Hamilton first, Rosberg 2nd, and Vettel 3rd place.
I thought it was a rather boring race.
The qualifs were more entertaining because of the rain.
Anyway, even though I hate these turbo engine noise, I kind of like the sound the cars make when they shift gears. They sound like the Terminator in motion. xD

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Holy shift, what an exciting race! It was the total opposite of last week's race.
Hamilton and Rosberg passing each other, Hulkenberg on Perez, Massa on Bottas, Alonso on Raikkonen, a crash (Maldonado send Guttierez up in the air with 2 flips), the safety car's out, they all get bunched up and everybody fought like crazy until the last minute!
All this action under artificial light where the cars looked amazing!
Wow, it's almost bed time and I'm all stirred up! xD

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Dang... really? Forgot there was a race yesterday!! Guess I'll have to check the missed programmes section for the review tonight then... =0

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Dang... really? Forgot there was a race yesterday!! Guess I'll have to check the missed programmes section for the review tonight then... =0

Yeah you unfaithful fan, you missed a great race. Riccardo even beat Vettel!
xD Force India finally got a podium.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Saw it... loved it! Great race and wonderful battle between Hamilton and Rosberg! Reminded me of the Senna-Prost era a lot, only this time the two of them kept their cool and both got a great result! =)

Well deserved podium for Force India, allthough... I wouldn't have mind if Ricciardo would have been up there too you know... just to show everyone that his disqualification in Australia was a HUGE mistake!

And seeing as we are pretty much the only two posting in here... I say we are the only two fans, which strikes the 'unfaithful' immediately for me! Hahaa =P

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

The Daily Mail (tabloid rag if you're not from the UK) called it the race of the century. Bahrain was good but I'm not sure it can make up for two comparatively dreary races before it. Don't get me wrong I enjoy every race but it's a shame Mercedes, the car and the engine seem to have such an edge.

It was great to see team mates battling together all down the field at Bahrain but it is a worry when you see team mates together all down the grid like that, hopefully as the season goes on there will be more competition at least for 3rd place even if no one can catch Mercedes with the engine freeze).

I'll be interested to see more of Red Bulls reaction to losing their appeal on Riciardo. They must have known if would fail because changing the decision would have let all the other teams make their own stance on regulations and opened a whole pandoras box of issues. A few people have claimed Red Bull may withdraw so it could be interesting to see what rumblings are seen i the coming weeks. Maybe it was serious or maybe they were trying to pressure the appeal court; personally I think only Ferrari can make a quit threat to get their own way.

I feel bad for Domenicali, Ferrari have such high standards and, granted they haven't won in a while but with the Red bull domination they have done magnificently (or Alonso has) to challenge for two world titles in the last few years.

Roll on china.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

The Daily Mail (tabloid rag if you're not from the UK) called it the race of the century. Bahrain was good but I'm not sure it can make up for two comparatively dreary races before it. Don't get me wrong I enjoy every race but it's a shame Mercedes, the car and the engine seem to have such an edge.

It was great to see team mates battling together all down the field at Bahrain but it is a worry when you see team mates together all down the grid like that, hopefully as the season goes on there will be more competition at least for 3rd place even if no one can catch Mercedes with the engine freeze).

I'll be interested to see more of Red Bulls reaction to losing their appeal on Riciardo. They must have known if would fail because changing the decision would have let all the other teams make their own stance on regulations and opened a whole pandoras box of issues. A few people have claimed Red Bull may withdraw so it could be interesting to see what rumblings are seen i the coming weeks. Maybe it was serious or maybe they were trying to pressure the appeal court; personally I think only Ferrari can make a quit threat to get their own way.

I feel bad for Domenicali, Ferrari have such high standards and, granted they haven't won in a while but with the Red bull domination they have done magnificently (or Alonso has) to challenge for two world titles in the last few years.

Roll on china.

The race was so intense everywhere that it didn't matter that much that Mercedes was ahead.

I highly doubt that Red Bull would withdraw after having so many successes.
Look at Williams, they had many years of success followed by a long drought. McLaren won a lot then, nothing. Ferrari did the same.

I've been watching F1 on and off since the middle 80's then I started watching it seriously from 1991 to now.

The only thing I still dislike is the fact that slower cars have to yield for faster ones. They took away driver's ability to block and pass one an other.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Heyhey! @Pixie214's back! Welcome back! =)

Late response to the prevoous race... I thought it was great to watch Hamilton and Rosberg have a go at eachother, awesome racing there! =)

But in reality, I think it's only a matter of time before either Red Bull or Ferrari catch up and make it more interesting... and I agree on how the rules have been squeezed too much, making the sport less attractive for viewers. Especially the blocking was a great thing to have! It did cause for a lot of accidents and DNF's during a race, but let's be honest... wasn't that what made it exciting in the championship?!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Sorry for the double post... Heh... only now bothered to scroll back up and see I had already posted a response to the previous race... (-.-) ...phones do have a small window to view... yah, blame it on the phone! =P

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Hamilton 1st, Rosberg 2nd, and Alonso 3rd with Ricciardo only 1.2 seconds behind, beating Vettel again who finished 4th.
The start was exciting with 2 hard contacts between Massa and Alonso and Bottas on Rosberg, nothing broken though.
It was an okay race considering how exciting the previous race was.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

All is fine as long as Vettel wont win... i never liked him, but now, since the commercial-industy try to make a hard chap out of him, i really dislike him.

I don't like him either. Even though he's good, he got it too easy.
On the other hand, Ricciardo shows great possibilities.
You gotta love Alonso though, he never gives up and if it weren't for him, Ferrari would be much lower in the classification this year and last year especially.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I have to agree that Seb got the perfect spot in teams the last couple of years, but now he has to earn his respect more than ever. Much like Alonso has always earned my respect for being a fighter and never giving up, even if the odds are completely against him! =)

Ricciardo is the man to watch for this year's season and next year's. ..

Showing 16-30 of 112