ForumsPopular MediaGP Formula One - Season 2014

112 51040
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Yep, it's next week! The Australian Grand Prix is almost there!
There are so many changes this year. Felipe Massa might actually win the championship if things remains the same but we know from experience that it won't.

Read more here:
http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2014/3/15534.html

I can't wait for the season to start! xD

• 112 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Thanks to a pathetic pit strategy, Williams finished 3rd and 4th.
Rosberg wins the race, followed by Hamilton and Bottas finished 3rd.
Poor Massa finished 4th and Alonso, thanks to his hard work, managed to put his inferior car in 5th place.
Raikkonen finished 10th and gave another poor performance.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I think Raikkonen is having a hard time with this new turbo system.
I wish they had brought it up 3 years ago, Schumacher would have thrived with it. I remember when he was chasing the Williams with his Benetton, the rear of his car was always sliding and that's exactly what the 2014 F1 cars are doing now.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Still haven't seen the Austrian GP yet... but from what I've heard, it wasn't that much of a killer race to watch... meh, maybe? We'll see! =)

As for the sliding of the cars... Schumi would have killed them all for sure! The drivers are pampered nowadays with all the gadgets and gizmo's helping them! Sometimes I feel like a baby could drive an F1 vehicle, but that's not a serious statement I am making here... or is it? LOL =P

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

There's one thing that bothers me. Le Tour the France will be on soon (July) so I'll be watching it religiously as well as the F1 GP.
3 weeks later the TDF will be over then the F1 season will stop for the entire month of August. My question is WHY CAN'T THEY STOP IN JULY INSTEAD!?!
>:O

I'll be watching two competitions I love, it'll be intense and exciting and then NOTHING for one month, that's stupid!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

That is called 'a vacation' @SSTG... =P

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Rosberg who lead pretty much the entire race had to drop out because of a gearbox problem.
Hamilton wins the British GP, Bottas finished 2nd, and Ricciardo 3rd.
The fight between Alonso and Vettel was epic.
Alonso being on older tires, he managed to keep Vettel behind for a long time.
The funniest part was when Vettel whined on the radio and then later it was Alonso's turn to whine. xD
Poor Rikkonen had a terrible crash on the first lap and pretty much totaled his Ferrari and even unluckier Massa couldn't avoided the out of control car that plowed into his Williams. Man what an exciting GP!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Hmmm... guess I'll have to find me a re-run to watch then @SSTG! Had a busy week full of guests during my vacation, so I wasn't able to watch yesterday. Looking one up now! =)

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Oh my... (oO) ...that was an awesome race! I only saw a recap of 23 minutes, but everything vital was put in there! Enjoyable to see yet another great Grand Prix! =D

Good for Hamilton for maximizing his bad weekend into a victory! Let's face it... even though the fact remains that Rosberg DNF'd, it was still a great effort Lewis did by pushing hard for the first place. I would even bet he would have passed Nico if he wouldn't have had that gearbox problem... surely! =)

Awesome job for Bottas, Ricciardo and Vettel! Allthough the whining from both him (Seb) and Alonso were childish at best in my opinion. I still have to find out if what Fernando stated over the radio is true; Vettel having used the DRS in places he shouldn't have, thus gaining extra speed and being able to gain places?! Mysterious thing... we'll see! =/

And last but not least... what happened to the McLarens?! Did they wait with an update untill the Bristish Grand Prix?! Suddenly they have the pace and are able to fight in the sub-top! Hmmm... let's see if they can keep this up for the rest of the season... =P

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Will all the data every team gets from their cars, the Ferrari team measured Raikkonen's crash impact to be as high as 47G! :O :O :O

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

47G?!?! ... (oO)

Oh wow... no wonder Kimi was limping his way from the car like he just got hit by one! Subconsciously I already knew he was allright, as I would have surely heard about it straight away in advance, but somehow I was fearing the worst when his car stopped twirling after crashing! That just looked like a bone-breaking impact... thank god for the safety in F1 cars these days then! =)

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Wow, what an exciting GP!
Rosberg wins, Hamilton starting from 20th finished 3rd and would have finished 2nd if it weren't for the amazing drive by Bottas who gets 2nd place.
A little further back Alonso and Ricciardo fought for 5th, passing each other back and forth until Alonso crossed the finish line a second ahead of Ricciardo.
xD

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Agreed! A fantastic race to watch!! Just saw the re-run and I didn't even know the results beforehand! Awesome! =D

Massa was (again) a little too enthusiastic... great crash, but shame he keeps DNR-ing all the time. Makes you wonder if he is going to be racing for Williams next year? =P

The best part for me was the way Hamilton fought his way through the field to the front, especially when he came up to Alonso and Raikonnen! The way Kimi was sandwiched and crushed by the other two was a moment I held my breath for a few seconds! (oO) Luckily for Kimi he managed to keep the cars from crashing alltogether...

The race was exciting right up untill the end with the battle between Alonso and Ricciardo! Rosberg made a clean swoop for victory, which is deserved. Bottas made an excellent run to grab the 2nd place podium! Is Williams back on track again? =0 =)

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

The way Kimi was sandwiched and crushed by the other two was a moment I held my breath for a few seconds! (oO) Luckily for Kimi he managed to keep the cars from crashing alltogether...

Yeah that was crazy, three cars trying to fit in a two car space!
Ferrari needs Raikkonen to start improving because when Massa quits crashing, the Williams team will finish in 3rd at the end of the season.
Williams is already ahead of Ferrari right now in the team classification.

Ricciardo will surely become my favorite driver when Alonso retires.
He is an amazing driver, he fights clean and never give up, just like Alonso.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Holy shift, what a race!
Rain then no rain then almost rain, pit strategies, crashes, crazy spins and miraculous recovery, from pit lane to 3rd place, great passes, wow!
Ricciardo wins, Alonso placed 2nd with completely dead tires, keeping Hamilton (3rd) behind and Rosberg catching up on the last lap!
Raikkonen finished 6th, I think so double points for Ferrari.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

OOOOHHHH YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!! =D

Now THAT'S why we love Formula 1 Grand Prix racing!!! It's almost as if the drivers finally realised that we mortal spectators need our dosage of excitement and thrills! Awesome race with a truly deserving winner! I already was following Ricciardo closely and liking the dude, but... now I can say I'm a true fan!!! Are you seeing this @Strop?! After Schumi I finally found me a new favorite! Go Daniel!! =)

Showing 61-75 of 112