ForumsThe TavernWhat interesting things did you do today?

684 273743
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Hello my honey moneys, this thread is a remake for a thread I made a year or 2 ago but was locked for some reason.

This thread is fairly simple, just talk about something interesting that happened to you today, nothing complicated, just that easy.

The interesting thing I did today was play Dapro in a game of Shell Shock Live 2, and played chess and backgammon with my dad.

• 684 Replies
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I just finished reading Book Thief and I have to say, it was a fantastic book. Of course, that was several months after I've seen the movie but that was due to my brother hiding the book whilst I was still reading it.

Nera78
Nera78
8 posts
Jester

I figured out how I wanted to continue one of the stories I'm writing, there was this chunk that stumped me for some time.
Aaaaand I've finally decided to visit the threads, after having been on this site for the past 3 years or so. X)

DarthTyrannausarus
DarthTyrannausarus
538 posts
Nomad

Played Quake 3. BEST. GAME. EVER.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I watched another cool episode of Nova.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/pharaoh-chariot.html

A team of different experts went to Egypt and researched and built two replicas of the ancient Egyptian chariot.
They then tested it with a military guy who shot arrows while it was in motion, taking sharp turns and testing it at full speed in a battlefield simulation.

There's a transcript of the show on the link above and I think you can watch the episode online but you probably have to pay for it. The transcript is free though.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

I went to school and learned some fun stuff. Yep yep...
*Sighs*

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Made a forum game everyone is going to love until about page 28, then only one or two people will carry it on for about another 10 pages till I give up on it

WNxMacro
WNxMacro
1 posts
Constable

i went to the shops and bought stuff yay

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I disabled my comments because I hate Disqus! It always delivers messages 3 to 5 days late and it uses our info to make money with advertisers.

I wish other users who agree with me would do the same as a protest against Disqus. I miss the old comment system, it was simple and did the job.

tangentHyperplane
tangentHyperplane
90 posts
Nomad

Practiced archery a little, used a metal detector to locate an arrow I lost a few days ago. I want to practice more but I lost my arm guard and have to wear a thick jacket instead and it's very hot this time of year.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I finished the first season of Raising Hope for the second time. Now that the fourth season has been added to Netflix, the first three need to be re-watched.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

During my Chinese class, the teacher just left for no reason, so all the people were drawing on the board. Someone drew a rabbit, so I named it Gantic. Then, Gantic the tutu rabbit was born, but he didn't live very long, since someone replced "tic" with "dalf". Thus the rabbit was renamed to Gandalftic, and everyone lived happily ever after.
Gandalftic was erased by my teacher when he came back in the room.

Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

To cap that off, in my Chinese class I learned that you should be careful how you use the word friend.

odaoichi
odaoichi
2 posts
Scribe

im writting here because of a mision

Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

I went outside. That's the most interesting this day's gonna get.

tangentHyperplane
tangentHyperplane
90 posts
Nomad

Apparently I did something terrible to one of my toes because it's in constant pain and swollen now. I don't remember this trauma.

Other than that, nothing. I did nothing. And if anyone knew the kind of week I had, you'd agree with me that is refreshingly interesting.

Showing 271-285 of 684