ForumsThe TavernWhat interesting things did you do today?

684 273745
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Hello my honey moneys, this thread is a remake for a thread I made a year or 2 ago but was locked for some reason.

This thread is fairly simple, just talk about something interesting that happened to you today, nothing complicated, just that easy.

The interesting thing I did today was play Dapro in a game of Shell Shock Live 2, and played chess and backgammon with my dad.

• 684 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I found this amazing article!
This is the good old planet Earth at work!

etg2002
etg2002
703 posts
Scribe

i woke up.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

@etg2002, that is a good sign that you are still alive!

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I went to my grandfather's funeral. It was, like him, fairly unremarkable and easy to deal with, and caused me to eat too much. I was surprised how many people turned up, though.

spudkikz
spudkikz
7 posts
Peasant

Attended my last day of high school today.. Real life begins now

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

I guarded today at the base gate at 44 degrees outside (celsious), and this Major wanted to get his private car inside, which is not allowed. He honked (is that a word?) And was realy rude. I, as a good proud solider, didnt got scared and told him to get his car away and that if he dosent want to rot in this sun for much longer he should change his attitude and help me help him or just accept reality. He DEMANDED that i will let him in, waved his ranks and told me that he killed in wars tens of peoples like me, and threatened that he will just turn his car and go away back home instead of going to the meeting he was invited to.
So i told him that i hope he have enough oil for the road back.
He was so red that McCarthy whould have jail him. At this time the base commander came to the gate with his car and driver. He saw us arguing and asked whats going on. I was quicker than the old brat and told him perfectly how this major is trying to enter ilegaly. Then, in front of 30 soliders and lesser officers, he yelled at the major so loudly and so viciously that the cooks at the kitchen 200 metera away came out to see whats happening. I just stood there, winner, and the poor major had tears in his eyes. Then the commander looked at me and told me "You are a perfect solider and you did well" and drove away. The major even apologied.
It was awsome.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I've been training on my bike for the past 2 weeks (11 rides so I did 11 x 12 miles = 132 miles) and so far I improved my time by 8 minutes. Since I haven't put any air in my tires for the past 4 days, I'm probably down to 40 PSI instead of the usual 60 which mean I could have gained an other 3 minutes.

So if I train until next Spring, I should be back in top shape next year.
Hopefully I can beat my record of 30 miles (48 KM) in 88 minutes!

I'd like to do it in 85 minutes and since my MB has a bigger chain ring (48T instead of 44T), I think it's feasible.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Last night at Explorer Scouts we were meant to be running a role-playing thing to demonstrate food miles. However, since this is Explorers, it got way out of hand. This was mostly down to lettucegate, where one distributor managed to buy all of the lettuce and sold it on at a two million percent profit.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Trying to write a poem for the new theme.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Today was the senior prank again. There were less firecrackers and smoke bombs thrown this time, but I was closer to them, so right now I smell like I took a bath in charcoal. Also, the eggs were new.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

I bought another 44-oz Slurpee at 7-Eleven today. It was cherry flavored!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I went for a short 12 miles ride again today and I beat my time by 4 minutes!
Last Thursday I made it to the lake in 25 minutes and came back in 24.
Today I made it in 21 minutes despite a 18 MPH West wind which didn't slow me down. On my way back it started raining so I was pushing hard on my pedals, a mile later the wind turned and blew from the North which means headwind for me. I made it back in 26 1/2 minutes which means I lost 2 1/2 because of the !@#$% wind instead of gaining another 2 minutes.

Considering that I rode 30 miles yesterday + 12 more miles today, my legs are in pretty good shape already! Not bad for an old man who'll be 49 yo this Summer.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Went with the marching band to march at the Indy 500 and then eventually sat and watched some of the race. Also I'm extremely sunburnt. I hate the sun.

emiliock
emiliock
14 posts
Bard

homeworks but later games <3

Anders123456
Anders123456
161 posts
Peasant

Looked at my fish tanks.....

Showing 496-510 of 684