ForumsThe TavernWhat interesting things did you do today?

684 273883
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Hello my honey moneys, this thread is a remake for a thread I made a year or 2 ago but was locked for some reason.

This thread is fairly simple, just talk about something interesting that happened to you today, nothing complicated, just that easy.

The interesting thing I did today was play Dapro in a game of Shell Shock Live 2, and played chess and backgammon with my dad.

• 684 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I'm mad at myself! I bought this Polaroid Cube so I could take pictures or record videos while I ride my bike. So I went for a 18 mile ride today and I left my camera home because it's 95 F (110 with humidity) and I was worried the heat would damage it.

Anyway about 8 mile into the ride I see a turkey and 4 babies. At the end the of the path I turn around and on my way back I see the adult turkey but no babies then 200 feet further I see another turkey. A mile later I see a black snake crossing the road.

Another mile further I see 3 deer (adult and 2 fawns) by the side of the road. The mom and one baby ran into the woods but the other baby started hoping on the side of the road, about three feet from me. It was so close I could have touched it. The fawn kept hopping and hopping for 30 seconds. Of course, I didn't have my CAMERA!!!

This is a once in a lifetime event and I wasn't ready! Man that would have made an amazing video. ;(

tangentHyperplane
tangentHyperplane
90 posts
Nomad

Tango lesson, followed by getting lost on the way home because an important road was closed for no apparent reason. I ended up in another town...

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

In an effort to prove something to silver, I drank a glass of vinegar. I don't know what I was trying to prove but I think I proved it well.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I woke up today, which means that it was not my last sleep.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I watched the first stage of the Tour de France. Yeah it's on for those who planned to watch it and forgot. I never do!

You didn't miss much because it was the boring individual time trial.
Anyway, it's seem that this year's Tour will be VERY interesting.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I watched the Women's World Cup of soccer's final between USA and Japan.
It was AMAZING! USA score 4 goals in 16 minutes then Japan scored 1 in the first half then another one in the second half but USA scored a 5th one and won the World Cup!

If you're a soccer fan but didn't watch the tournament you are an idiot!
The parity was incredible, some teams were impressive like Costa Rica who only lost by 1 goal to Brasil and Cameron who was fun to watch as well.

I was rooting for three teams, France, Canada and USA.

The US team deserved the victory because they were great and didn't have it easy. They had to beat Germany who was among the favorite then Japan who won 4 years ago.

Too bad France and Canada didn't go further but hey, you can't win them all.

I'm glad I watched it!

1chaosfiend
1chaosfiend
1 posts
Nomad

watched t.v and ate chips

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

On Saturday I was probably the most embarrassed I have ever been.

So my dad and I decided to go to Steak and Shake because food. Unfortunately they were very busy as the restaurant was nearly packed and the tables that didn't have people had trash. The waitress of that group of tables was obviously pretty lazy and her attitude wasn't any better.

My dad thought this too, but no matter how much I agree with him, I don't agree with him throwing one of their milkshake glasses on the floor because he didn't get a straw for over half-an-hour.

Next time he does something like that I'm socking him in the face.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Today was the best day that I've had all week. Here's what I did today.

Sometime around noon:
Got up
Finished last night's cookies for breakfast

Noon - 2pm:
Played video games on phone

2pm - 4pm
Played games on AG
Posted on AG

5pm - 6pm
Watched adult films

6pm - 7pm
Went to market in pajamas
Bought a 28oz Porterhouse steak at market
Listened to Five Finger Death Punch in the car on the way home from market.
Cooked 28oz Porterhouse steak to perfection with EXTRA salt and butter

7pm - 8pm
Ate 28oz. cooked to perfection with EXTRA salt and butter Porterhouse steak with bare hands!
Felt simpler, therefore more manly
Watched the world news (mistake)
Turned off world news
Attempted to forget about world

8pm - Rest of day (not yet happened)
Planning to watch Eyes Wide Shut
Planning to eat EXTRA cheesy popcorn while watching Eyes Wide Shut

I have no plans for after that.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I went to an exhibition of video games at the local science museum. I used an Oculus Rift for the first time. WOW.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

I had a really upset stomach until about noon. I thought I was going to get off of work after only half an hour because it was so bad, but it got better. In the end, I worked a little over 11 and a half hours today. So overall, it was a pretty good day.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Very first night watching my baby by myself and I made brownies

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Tested my latin a little bit (it's still not worth to mention...^^), but i was able to translate the South Park's observetory motto...

Me transmitte sursum Caledoni! --> Beam me up, Scotty!

philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

bought a load of really cheap low quality food for my Duke of Edinburgh expedition.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Got my AS level results. CBCC. Could be worse.

Showing 526-540 of 684