Forums → The Tavern → What interesting things did you do today?
Hello my honey moneys, this thread is a remake for a thread I made a year or 2 ago but was locked for some reason.
This thread is fairly simple, just talk about something interesting that happened to you today, nothing complicated, just that easy.
The interesting thing I did today was play Dapro in a game of Shell Shock Live 2, and played chess and backgammon with my dad.
- 675 Replies
Today was eventful!
1) I went on a 7.5 mile hike in the high desert. It featured a 1,250ft ascent in elevation, crazy terrain, and some beautiful scenery. I finished it in less than three hours including stops for pictures. Piece of cake.
2) I consigned some old black metal barstools with an annoying floral pattern on the cushions.
3) I ate at one of my favorite restaurants, Souplantation. I overloaded all of my plates with so much salad that chickpeas and sunflower seeds went spilling all over the floor. For desert I loaded so much ice cream in my bowl that it looked like an Effiel Tower of ice cream with a blanket of sprinkles all over it. Sprinkles all over that place! :P
4) After I went home I picked a bunch of avocados, limes, and tangerines off of my fruit trees but barely made a dent in the amount of fruit left on the trees.
5) I'm planning to continue writing my story that I'm going to post in the art & writing forum sometime soon.
Well today I registered here! That's an interesting start
I had eggs Benedict and a big slice of apple for breakfast! Heavenly. Later in the day, I saw a big squirrel in a tree outside my window. I think that he was trying to send me telopathic thoughts. "Give me nuts, give me seeds. Look into my eyes of beads! There is no one who never heeds!"
I performed my yearly e-mail clean-up, deleting everything I don't want, which is 99.99% of the detritus [that used to be] residing in my inbox/junk folders. Also, interesting (read: depressing) to see just how much money I spent on things ordered through Amazon that I later determined I had zero use for.
Decided to read a book called God's Debris by Scott Adams. Crazy new theory that I think will appeal to non religious people even though it's a bit religious.
I ordered a few used CDs on Amazon.
I just finished writing an essay and had some wonderful Chaats from Bangarpet...Yummy!
I caught a wee little lizard today after it somehow got inside. I turned around and, lo and behold, it was perched on the windowsill. I felt a little bad putting it outside, because it was drizzling and chilly, but oh well.
I went on a ten mile hike in a very nice ecological reserve. Lots and lots and lots of walking...
Created a web page for my job, first time i do that
I went kayaking in the ocean. Getting out past the breakers was challenging, fun, and perilous! I kept incorrectly timing when the waves would crash so I kept getting hammered. Most of the time I managed to keep my watercraft pointed towards the waves perfectly straight and just knife right through them, but I got turned sideways a few times and was obliterated by the waves! Once, this really big wave lifted me up and I literally surfed in on it in my boat like it was a surf board! Good salty fun.
We made pizza and ate it playing scrabble.
Well I got around to watching that new show "Baskets" on FXx. It's reasonably funny, a wee bit strange, and addicting like any good TV show should be. I'll be waiting for next week's episode.
Learned to play backgammon today. Like it except for the fact that it requires luck of the dice to win sometimes.
Yesterday I bought a coat online (the website said the physical store didn't have any), because I need a new one. Little late in the season, but hooray for clearance sales. =^-^=
I also downloaded Minecraft: Pocket Edition.
You must be logged in to post a reply!