ForumsThe TavernWhat interesting things did you do today?

675 103267
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,314 posts
Templar

Hello my honey moneys, this thread is a remake for a thread I made a year or 2 ago but was locked for some reason.

This thread is fairly simple, just talk about something interesting that happened to you today, nothing complicated, just that easy.

The interesting thing I did today was play Dapro in a game of Shell Shock Live 2, and played chess and backgammon with my dad.

• 675 Replies
akshobhya
akshobhya
4,921 posts
Justiciar

I wrote a poem and created some art today!

SamuraiWar42
SamuraiWar42
23 posts
Peasant

Learned a new dimension of how to play chess - identifying weak squares.

KatPryde
KatPryde
4,617 posts
Scribe

I tried a cup of chamomile, honey, and vanilla hot tea this morning. It smelled very nice. Made me think of the beach, for some reason. The more I drank it, though, the more it tasted like buttered popcorn. Buttered popcorn is not something I want to drink. And I've got 19 more teabags.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,315 posts
Marquis

Drove the whole day, back and again, hospital to the house for my little sister. She's been admitted there for observation.

KatPryde
KatPryde
4,617 posts
Scribe

I accompanied my parents to the pet-supply store, which holds an adoption drive every weekend. They adopted a dog today -- a two-year-old lab mix.

TheGalacticGargoyle
TheGalacticGargoyle
570 posts
Shepherd

I sat on a bus for 6 plus hours mate. My butt aches now but I'm home!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,531 posts
Constable

Well, not today but over the weekend we created fudge! A bunch of peanut butter, chocolate chips, and a can of condensed milk in a pan heated in the microwave and stir, then pop it in the fridge for a couple hours... then voila! You have nice, delicious fudge. I couldn't believe how easy it was, I definitely need to experiment with more ingredients. Perhaps caramel next time?

KatPryde
KatPryde
4,617 posts
Scribe

When I let the dog out this morning after breakfast, I kept hearing some small sound, like squeaking or scratching. I figured it was some small animal, but I couldn't figure out why it would be making so much noise. I also couldn't see it, but I was looking around, casually, and noticed a small plastic tank that my dad used to use to hold bug-spray (but no longer does so). The plastic is translucent enough that I could see from a distance that it had become almost-full with rainwater and that something was disturbing the water pretty vigorously.

I assumed it was a toad, since they seem to have a tendency to do that - jump into some bit of water that they can't get out of. So I poured the water out over the grass, but the animal didn't come out. I looked inside, and it turned out to be a chipmunk, soaking wet and very unhappy. I set the tank on its side, in the bushes, and brought the dog back inside....

A couple hours after that, I was glancing out the window while getting a bone for the dog and saw a chipmunk running across the patio. I don't know if that one was the same as the one in the tank; it looked completely dry. But, a couple hours after that, while letting the dog outside post-lunch, the tank was chipmunk-free, so maybe. It is very warm here, even in the morning.

Eldunari17
Eldunari17
1,229 posts
Scribe

I went sailing today and capsized twice. The first time on purpose. The second time, not so much...

SSTG
SSTG
12,982 posts
Templar

I celebrated my birthday.
Nah, I didn't celebrate because I'm 50 yo today.
10 years from now I'll be an old fart!

Doombreed
Doombreed
6,809 posts
Justiciar

Hahahahah. Happy 50th birthday @SSTG . If you want something to distract yourself, take the numbers, reverse them ("05&quot and go around pretending you are 5 for a whole day. That would be a good laugh xD

SSTG
SSTG
12,982 posts
Templar

Hahahahah. Happy 50th birthday @SSTG . If you want something to distract yourself, take the numbers, reverse them ("05&quot and go around pretending you are 5 for a whole day. That would be a good laugh xD

Thanks. Or I could say that 25 years ago I was 25.

Easelm
Easelm
24 posts
Farmer

Nothing really happened to myself, but I was somewhat productive today. I uploaded a Youtube video, played some games on Armor Games, rewrote some tasks for my development team on a game we're about to release, watched Natural Born Pranksters movie, and that is all I did today. \o/

Don't tell anyone but I mostly played games on here all day. Shh!

SamuraiWar42
SamuraiWar42
23 posts
Peasant

Saw Rogue One - it was worth the hype suprisingly!

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,480 posts
Herald

Hung out with my 3 best friends and went ice skating, which was fun

Showing 646-660 of 675