ForumsThe TavernWhat interesting things did you do today?

684 273349
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Hello my honey moneys, this thread is a remake for a thread I made a year or 2 ago but was locked for some reason.

This thread is fairly simple, just talk about something interesting that happened to you today, nothing complicated, just that easy.

The interesting thing I did today was play Dapro in a game of Shell Shock Live 2, and played chess and backgammon with my dad.

• 684 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I have an interesting story to tell.

My wife was checking on one of her credit card online and found out some a**hole from Washington state has used her name to buy something. We live in Missouri and we don't even do business with the store where the item was purchased.

Anyway, after the store gave us the address where the package was shipped, my wife did a Google Earth search and found the house. Then I suggested to look up for a police station in this area.

After my wife called the credit card company and told them the story, they waved the fee.
She then contacted the police station.

Later and officer called back, went to the house, talked to guy and he said that maybe there was a mix up with someone else purchase. Since we don't do business with them, it's unlikely the case.

The cop called my wife a few more times and it seem that they take this seriously.

So whatever happens, this guy will think twice before doing it again.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

they waved the fee

Doh! I meant waived, not waved. XD
inhaleinvertebrate
inhaleinvertebrate
2 posts
Nomad

today a third grader told me i was her senpai. i feel flattered

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

Today I started writing a short story. Hope it will be good.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I didn't have computer access for about 2 weeks, but in that time I got married, went on a 4 day honeymoon / family vacation to Hocking Hills, Ohio, and went on a little day trip yesterday to Frankenmuth, Michigan (Christmas town). A wonderful time, I took first half of November off work too I'll finally go back on the 15th.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@GhostOfMatrix CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Awesome for you guys!

My story today is a bit sad, yet interesting... I started work today by checking out the remainder of the fire that was ablaze in a building behind the building I work in. Yesterday the fire was so intense (flames were more than 3 meters high!) that we had to keep the small roof at the back wet in order to keep the fire from jumping over to us. Luckily for us, the wind was blowing away from our location, which prevented the jump to our side.
What was left today was a blackened street at the back of our building and the smell of fire was nearly gone in our building. But it always feels sad to see how someone else's building is ruined in a matter of minutes... I consider myself lucky that my work place was saved.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

I finished writing my first page, out of likely four or five, of an essay that I have due this weekend.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I watched my dogs play in the snow.
Finally, we'll have a white Christmas, first one in 17 years!

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I learned according to this article that I read that airplanes use the same water system for both drinking and the latrine. I could tell you all how many percent of airplanes have ﹰE-coli coursing through their water systems, but where's the fun in that?

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I killed 3 spiders in my laundry room, I also killed 3 in my garage.
I've seen at least 10 outside my house.
What's with that this year?!?

I HATE those!!!!

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I logged into AG after about an year. Happy to stick around here!

porwmenos
porwmenos
41 posts
Peasant

Go swimming anf after that,back at home for tv and internet!!!

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

bah never watch TV. Bad for the brain

Nothing really interesting, same as usual. Chatted to people here, Played some games, that's really it. Keeping on mostly.

Lauburu
Lauburu
11 posts
Peasant

I was classifying clothes to wash jeans and shorts first, and I found some coins

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

It happened last night.

I was walking my dog when I saw a feral cat acting weird. It kept jumping backward, closing its eyes and stretching its neck.
I though maybe it's a retarded cat.

When I came close enough I saw a pretty big prey mantis with it's wings open, trying to look scary. It was actually attacking the cat!

I don't think that cat will mess with one of those again.
That makes me appreciate prey mantis even more now.

Showing 646-660 of 684