Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Story Contest

Posted Mar 9, '14 at 7:26pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,090 posts

Ah religious reasons...I feel ya. Well just to let you know..very rarely do people in AMW actually put such content within their works..so you shouldn't find it to be such a big issue.

Posted Mar 9, '14 at 7:28pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

Yes, for the most part we pretty much avoid extreme gore and swearing. It is a little odd for us to see someone create a criteria like that though.

Posted Mar 9, '14 at 7:57pm

blk2860

blk2860

10,796 posts

Alright, here's my entry:

The old man sneered, as another fool walked in. "Come, sit right here." stated the former, setting down the newspaper he was reading. The shop had been open for quite some time, much longer than most would think. After some thought, the customer decided what he wanted. "Do you have any card tricks?" inquired the patron. Holding back the urge to spit at the man, the owner simply said yes. With a sleight of hand, he pulled out a deck of cards. The young man took out his wallet, but was stopped. "That won't be necessary. Please, take the cards." the shopkeeper urged. Surprised, the man took the cards, and left the shop. Chuckling, the old man began to lock up.

The next day, the man opened up the store, picking up today's newspaper on the way in. He sat down, and began to read part of an article.
Murdoch Louis Andrews died of internal hemorrhaging last night. As there were no witnesses, the cause of this was unknown. When asked what they though, the lead investigator for this case said, quote "We don't think it was murder. There are no signs of foul play, and for all we know, he could have just tripped and fell." Is this true? The only pieces of evidence that were found are inconclusive. One of the other detectives revealed that, "All we found were a deck of scattered cards and a broken glass." More on this story as it develops.

The old man chuckled at this, as another fool walked in.

Posted Mar 9, '14 at 7:58pm

blk2860

blk2860

10,796 posts

*thought not though.

Posted Mar 9, '14 at 8:06pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,577 posts

Quick question: You're basing your guidelines off of Christianity, but you want the story to be about magic? Do you know what the Bible says about witchcraft and sorcery?

Old Testament: Magic is forbidden and witches/wizards are to be executed.
Exodus 22:18
Leviticus 19:31
Leviticus 20:27
Deuteronomy 18:14
2 Kings 9:22

New Testament: Magic is sinful and wicked.
Acts 8:9 (explained in Acts 8:21-22)
Acts 13:10-11
Galatians 5:20
Revelations 22:15

So, yeah. I'm a Christian and I'd appreciate it if you added magic to your list of banned subject material.

Posted Mar 9, '14 at 8:08pm

blk2860

blk2860

10,796 posts

Well even so, it's not like he's going to use the same category twice.

Posted Mar 9, '14 at 8:16pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,577 posts

It's a matter of principle, really. Magic (and the practice thereof) is wicked. I don't want to see it promoted by a Christian.

Posted Mar 9, '14 at 8:30pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,654 posts

I'd rather everyone just, you know, stick to making with the stories instead of making grief with the OP's rules. Individual threads can have "rules", but they can't trump the site's rules. So play along and give respect.

Posted Mar 10, '14 at 12:34pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,577 posts

Regardless, I'd like to hear feedback from the OP.

Posted Mar 10, '14 at 2:35pm

minecraftsniper

minecraftsniper

613 posts

I know youre a chirstan ( dont know how to tell it in english) i am too but gore and those things are ok also its true that using Very bad words are against rules but knowing that all should not tell them

Reply to Story Contest

You must be logged in to post a reply!