ForumsArt, Music, and WritingStory Contest

44 18161
kylefitch1
kylefitch1
100 posts
Jester

Hey everybody! I'm going to start a story competition!

I'll post a category, and you have a week to write stories in that category. At the end of the week I'll read your stories and decide whose is the best. I will also provide feedback on each story. Here are the rules:

1. You cannot use inappropriate content or swear words. If you do, you will have NO chance of winning, no matter how good your story is.
2. No plagiarism! Make up your own characters and settings! Plagiarized stories will not win.
3. No blood and gore. I don't want any graphic stories that have too much description. Saying like 'she was bleeding' or 'blood dripped from the wound' is all right, I suppose, but don't go into the gory areas. And do not have carnage! Bloody and gory stories will not be chosen.
4. Try to have good grammar and spelling. If your story is spelled well and if it has fewer grammatical errors, it slightly increases your chances.
5. Try not to make your story super long.
6. No stories where everybody is killed!
7. Have fun with your story and let your creativity shine!

This week's category is:
Magic
Write stories where mages and wizards abound!

• 44 Replies
kylefitch1
kylefitch1
100 posts
Jester

Sorry Freakenstein, no prizes. Just the satisfaction and experience.

I'm sorry, the contest will be postponed until further notice.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

kylefitch1
kylefitch1
100 posts
Jester

Further notice.

Contest back on!

Shoeminor
Shoeminor
912 posts
Blacksmith

Two girls walk into a shop and one is wearing unmatching shoes.That girl says to the other,"Where`s the cereal?"The other said,"I dunno,but you certainly got out the wrong side of bed."

The next day the same thing happened,but with a different girl.

Then she was going to the movies still wearing the wrong shoes with her daddy,and asked him,"Why do the girls at the shop keep saying I got out the wrong side of my bed?"

The dad replies,"?You`re wearing your left shoe and my right shoe,that`s why!"

THE END

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

This looks a bit like something out of A Child's History of the Middle 1900's by Easy, Simple, Glossover, & Passoff Ltd.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

If you don't like crude humor, you shouldn't read this.
===
Once there was a squirrel. He spent all of fall gathering acorns to hoard up for the winter, as all squirrels do.
But then, a few days from the start of winter, the squirrel said, "Instead of burying my nuts this year, I'm going to something radical! I want to be noticed! I'm going to be the squirrel that STANDS OUT!"
He climbed a tree and looked out over a field contemplatively. Already, other squirrels were entering the field and burying their nuts. He watched them do so.
After a day and a night of thinking, pondering, and wondering, it came to him in one glorious epiphany. "I know!" he shouted. "I'll bury my acorns instead of my nuts!"
With that, he hopped from the tree, walked between the ranks of squirrels with their nuts buried in the cool earth, and proceeded to dig a row of holes, plop an acorn in each, and cover them back up while the nut-buried squirrels stared at him in shock. "What are you doing?" called one in amazement. "Aren't you going to bury your nuts?"
The squirrel shook his head and kept heaping dirt over the acorns. To all the questions asked of him, he replied, "I want to be planting trees, not releasing seed!"
The End.

Shoeminor
Shoeminor
912 posts
Blacksmith

Mine didn`t involve father sleeping with daughter.

Shoeminor
Shoeminor
912 posts
Blacksmith

Hello?
Judging??
Anyone gonna do the thin line one???

Shoeminor
Shoeminor
912 posts
Blacksmith

You judge!You judge!

RIGHT NOW!!!

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Once there was a story about a story that could never be retold for the telling of that story would cause the teller to forget it. When those who tried to write the words in any form they would not know what the story was for their inner dialog would forget. Thus the paradox of this tale is that there was once a story that could not be told for all that remained were the words that it did exist. If you do not believe me then you must have heard the story before and have forgotten because you told it to someone, even yourself.

Shoeminor
Shoeminor
912 posts
Blacksmith

Judge?

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

blk I nominate you blk pls

Shoeminor
Shoeminor
912 posts
Blacksmith

me too

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I can see sometime has passed here since the last post, but no need to keep bumping here (there was quadruple, one to two word posts that I removed).

Try to contact blk2860 on his profile, but he has keep in mind that has pretty much died. If blk2860 doesn't respond there then perhaps a new judge needs to step up, but again remember there this thread has lost almost all of it's activity. After contacting blk2860, on his profile, you can wait a few more weeks and see if there is a response. After that you could try to appoint a new judge, but I would personally give up on this thread as it has pretty much died.

I know it's unfortunate, but it happens sometimes. :[

Shoeminor
Shoeminor
912 posts
Blacksmith

How bout you do it?

womp womp wa-womp
womp!

Showing 31-44 of 44