ForumsArt, Music, and Writing[Official] Win a Bag O' Stuff!

43 19576
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Hey all, I've been thinking about doing some promotion of a "Bag O' Stuff" contest where we ask people to visit the forum to participate. The one thing I'm missing is a graphic/art to lead people there... so that's where you come in.

We'll be doing a contest till Friday (or later, depending on activity) to make the graphic/art for the contest. If you win, you get the first "Bag O' Stuff". Here are the rules to participate...

1. Make an original graphic/art asset that 600x600 in size. The theme of the art should be a mysterious bag with the Armor Games branding/logo somehow represented on the image.
2. The art should look good (and legible) in a 400x300.
3. Make sure it can catch peoples eyes, imagine it on your Facebook feed!

That's it, and submit it below. One lucky user will get our first mystery bag. We're going to be putting random swag and stuff from the office and maybe a pesky Sushi Cat.

• 43 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Fun stuff can be hanging out of the bag, whatever you'd like really. Size could be up to you!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Curse my inept artistic ability

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y368/Blackbeltr0/324c5c37-33c1-4485-a014-fa76e7ae2e4a_zps42cca861.png

Just a test run how does it fair?

~~Black~~

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Looking snazzy! It could be a giant panda, or a bomb!

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Wow Matt! That's good stuff.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

All I wanted was to submit. Matt submitted. I quit.
That looks great matt

~~Black~~

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

someone should draw a bag of bags

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The entrants may have a tendency to say they got this one in the bag!

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

*rim shot for Salvidian*

Did spot the AG shield, fun.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

http://i59.tinypic.com/294gh2h.png

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

What does "fWAG" stand for?

"SWAG", long s.
Dennis Moore

Did you draw this??

The picture is a collage of different things. I drew the bag, the besagues, and most of the shadows in MS paint. The knight has the combined features from two suits of armor and a separate plumed helmet, all of which I blended seamlessly in paint. I used both paint and MS Word to modify the AG shield and make the lettering on the bag. The background is just pieced together from the landscape in the Dennis Moore skit.
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Looks like he got the extra, extra large size page.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

That's a lowercase "f" in Old English font. An "s" has a diagonal line from tip to tip of the s shape in both uppercase and lowercase forms (Old English, Old English Cursive, Calligraphy, Gothic, etc).

Integral Notation:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/0/3/4/034cf496a9d3026984fcae6cfa58608a.png

Long s, popularized by a French guy who couldn't make good S's. The cross in the middle is probably what threw you off, but it is classified as an S.
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

The Integral sign is not a letter. It is classified as a symbol based on the letter "long s", which went extinct 200 years ago. Also, it was created by a German (Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz), not a Frenchman.

The "long s" letter can be confused with the lowercase "f," except the f, in italics, has a bar across the center.

For one final reference, here is a sentence with both an "s" and an "f" in Roman Italics in a sentence.

I write in Old English with a calligraphy pen and I have at least two instructional books on the subject. I know the difference.

1 He said nothing of its creator.
2 The integral operator is a long s, much like the sum operator is a sigma and the product operator is a pi.
3 The long s can have a stroke on the left side in some typefonts.
4 I'm not sure why they used one with a full stroke, but some fonts do have that.
5 To be fair, though, the letter I used for this image was a lower case f-with-hook in Baskerville Old Face.
Shoeminor
Shoeminor
912 posts
Blacksmith

How about you cover the bag with armor and put the logo on?
That would be cool!

Showing 1-15 of 43