ForumsNews and Feedbacksome 3.0 to increase visits time on the site

3 3585
zarelion
zarelion
2 posts
Farmer

hi guys i know those will need quite a lot of programming but it would be a great improvement for you :

- mark games as read, and change the homepage according to that.
for example right now the homepage displays only games I have played, same thing in the categories, which sends the signal "nothing to do here let's come back later"

-add in the games pages "if you liked this game you might also enjoy..."
for example on sentry knight "you might also enjoy freedom tower 2"

also I don't know your relationship with authors but maybe a "by the same author"suggestion would help them promote their games.

I think these changes would increase visits duration.

• 3 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

for example right now the homepage displays only games I have played

That's only the case if you've played every game on the homepage. You seem to be familiar with the categories listed at the top of the page (MMO, Mobile, Action, Adventure), so I'm sure you've been through every page of every one of those categories; at least the ones you were interested enough in to visit.

If you're looking for specific types of games, there's always the More tab between the white question mark and the Quests tab. AG has a wonderful array of game tags, so if there's a type of game that you're interested in, and you've already played a game of that type, chances are you'll find another one similar to it.

-add in the games pages "if you liked this game you might also enjoy..."

While this specific feature may not exist, any game you click on has a Related Categories section, between the developer's name and the description of the game. These are the aforementioned game tags. Click on one of these and you will find every game onsite that is tagged as such. It may not be as specific as what you're suggestion, but the array of games each tag gives you is, in my opinion, a step above finding just one or two games that are similar to a game, and doing it for every single game onsite.

also I don't know your relationship with authors but maybe a "by the same author"suggestion would help them promote their games.

This exact feature already exists on every game page, right smack in between the name of the developer and the launch date. If you click "View all games by this author", from there you can, as the button states, view all games by that author.
boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

We have discussed exactly some of these ideas and they are likely to make an appearance at some point -- we have quite a to-do list

One quick thing to try out -- click on the search games button with the textbox left blank. It will search for 'random' by default, which lists random games that are rated well on the site.

zarelion
zarelion
2 posts
Farmer

@Ernie thank you for your tips that will surely help until the changes are made

@ boppins that's good to hear, and I can only imagine the size of your list ^^ you're doing a great job guys.

(the random feature is cool )

Showing 1-3 of 3